Well sense this is my first post im not sure how all these are done, but simply put. HOW, HOW HOW HOW have people not come up with the idea for multi story houses? For one it would add a new twist to the game itself, large sky scrapers and such. New homes and getting caught up in one, no way you as zombies are coming from above and below. So you have to climb out the window somehow lowering yourself to the ground, or die trying. 

Something amazing On the PZ website is them adding creative mode, so we as a community would be able to make those large City's we have always wanted. And with this mod we can actually make larger homes, taller, maybe even basements and bunkers? But for the beginning just multi story would be a wonderful start, let me know what you think!

Well sense this is my first post im not sure how all these are done, but simply put. HOW, HOW HOW HOW have people not come up with the idea for multi story houses? For one it would add a new twist to the game itself, large sky scrapers and such. New homes and getting caught up in one, no way you as zombies are coming from above and below. So you have to climb out the window somehow lowering yourself to the ground, or die trying. 

Something amazing On the PZ website is them adding creative mode, so we as a community would be able to make those large City's we have always wanted. And with this mod we can actually make larger homes, taller, maybe even basements and bunkers? But for the beginning just multi story would be a wonderful start, let me know what you think!

I tried building a super multi story tower... you are LIMITED to how many levels the tower can be.. I have it at 5 levels and  cannot climb the stairs to the 6th level the game blocks it.... :(

I would definitely love to play with a community on a building server in which we could build the RP/Story City of our dreams and then play it afterwards all together :D

I would like to see Atlanta from TWD as a map in PZ.

It's currently impossible to make it. The game engine doesn't allow over 7 floors and the city would be way too huge and your PC would melt from it.

I honestly think with the new expanded mods that allow more atmosphere to the game, and multiplayer servers. Building an entire map based on the walking dead. Or your home town or a small version of new york would be quite exciting. Considering you can already build up 7 like you said, what's stopping us from going to 14? Modding has always been to add, to give something a chance that wasn't possible. To expand among the game, and give people tools they may never really use, but are there.

So, what exactly is your mod request/idea? I'm a bit confused, because multi story houses already exist in the game...

Be able to build multi-storied buildings?

Or being able to build taller buildings?

Or being able to extend further above, and below ground?

So, what exactly is your mod request/idea? I'm a bit confused, because multi story houses already exist in the game...

Be able to build multi-storied buildings?

Or being able to build taller buildings?

Or being able to extend further above, and below ground?

Third one, basements would be lots of fun being able to build bunkers or have them scattered around the map. Just have it so when your in one the outside is just black. And with the tall buildings you could just have it so once you reach a certain height the surroundings are invisible outside of the building.

the main reason we have not dug into the ground yet is that the Devs have not given us a way too. it's come up MANY times, whether asking for a basement or a root cellar for cold storage.

but at this point in time, we simply cannot do it.

MAYBE when they get the map expansion done we will have more options like this, but they have not confirmed or denied if that is the case. though we have had hints in the past that they liked the idea of sewers in the game.

and if anyone watched Twiggy's Creative stream, they would have noticed that the Devs were hanging around answering questions. one question was the height maximum, which Lemmy confirmed is still 7 floors. again, we will have to wait and see if that gets changed with the map expansion.

as Louisville has several buildings well in excess of 350 feet, i hope we do get taller buildings

the main reason we have not dug into the ground yet is that the Devs have not given us a way too. it's come up MANY times, whether asking for a basement or a root cellar for cold storage.

but at this point in time, we simply cannot do it.

MAYBE when they get the map expansion done we will have more options like this, but they have not confirmed or denied if that is the case. though we have had hints in the past that they liked the idea of sewers in the game.

and if anyone watched Twiggy's Creative stream, they would have noticed that the Devs were hanging around answering questions. one question was the height maximum, which Lemmy confirmed is still 7 floors. again, we will have to wait and see if that gets changed with the map expansion.

as Louisville has several buildings well in excess of 350 feet, i hope we do get taller buildings

I did watch the stream not all of it as it was 5hrs but I was there for the majority. I did see the post and I do understand now that the game itself will not allow this, but we can dream. Thanks for your clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

It's currently impossible to make it. The game engine doesn't allow over 7 floors and the city would be way too huge and your PC would melt from it.

I don't think so. Original map of PZ is HUGE, but my computer is fine, because game don't load the whole map, but only little more than you can see, so people with end-pc (like me) would have lag on this map, but people with good pc should be good i think. I know sky scrappers are huge, but i don't think that more than 15 floors buildings would be necessary. And after all PZ is 2D game, there are 3D games with a lot details and high buildings (and a lot of NPC), but computers don't melt from them (good graphics require not only good graphic card after all).

I don't think so. Original map of PZ is HUGE, but my computer is fine, because game don't load the whole map, but only little more than you can see, so people with end-pc (like me) would have lag on this map, but people with good pc should be good i think. I know sky scrappers are huge, but i don't think that more than 15 floors buildings would be necessary. And after all PZ is 2D game, there are 3D games with a lot details and high buildings (and a lot of NPC), but computers don't melt from them (good graphics require not only good graphic card after all).

I have a good PC and I lag on my own map which has large buildings. The city isn't even that big.