Powering gasoline pump

Delta-chan

Hello, I've made this quite simple mod for myself, but decided to share it with community, maybe someone would like to use it, idk.

Mod allow you to enable petrol pumps with generators after electricity shut off and get lovely free fuel.

- Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-0Mg46FfqvqV2ZaWEpxeGcwQ3M

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647865345

- Screenshot

Spoiler

rxKCHcD.png

UPD: if generator doesnt work with some pumps, then download mod again, I fixed issue

Edited by Delta-chan

OK, I'll look it over. I put it in the mods folder but I'll doublecheck.

EDIT: Yeah, my comp did a whacked-out thing and outright changed the mod folder location. It even copied the other mods to the new location which is why I never noticed. I have no idea why steam decided that or whatever...

I do VERY much appreciate the mod and for your time to confirm there were no bugs. Except in my computer's Steam install, and maybe my mind. XD

Domo arigatou, Delta-chan.

theres 2 different mod folders you may of put it in the wrong one

Like I just got done saying, the directory change wasn't by me. I erred when I said it was my computer, more specifically the directory change happened after the Steam update I used two days ago. With Delta-chan's suggestion I did recheck the directories (but was sure something else was going on) only to find, lo and behold, the listed directory had changed. If Delta-chan had not suggested that I would STILL be trying to figure it out! LOL

The directory listed on the mod  http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af199/syzion/directory.jpg  was different than the one I had installed other mods previously. I know that because the desktop shortcut I was using before no longer matched the directory location as shown in the Zomboid screen. XD

I guess the lesson there is not to try to be clever with a game still in alpha on a delivery service that seems to update just as often.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get it to work for any gas stations, I've redownloaded a few times. Does it only work on new games, or does it also work on games already started?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the problem was that I first loaded the mod with empty gas cans already in my inventory, and when I removed them and picked them back up I was able to add fuel to them. Great mod!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It never made sense that you couldn't get fuel after the power went out. It made me wonder what's the point of generators if they don't work after the power goes out lol.

Infinite fuel makes sense if we could grow corn, but I digress. Cool mod.

Indeed, and the best thing is that gas is not infinite at pumps, it will run out eventually and that balances things quite nicely

Question is: does this still work with 32.30?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod is Awesome! I have it on my Server.

Any chance you're able to upload this to the Steam Workshop? or allow for someone to upload it to workshop and give you credit?!

Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to make it so all my mods are from workshop so my players are able to join the server with ease!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01.04.2016 at 1:37 PM, Geras said:

Works fine in 34.13.

Don't lie!

On 19.04.2016 at 10:57 PM, Voixdeville said:

When I right click on pumps for adding fuel, it gives error and these words in left window.

I believe it's trying to open a diolog box but it's failing for some reason. 

Does anybody know why it can happen or how can I prevent?

similar problem