For Crying Out Loud

spikeyhat09

I find it rather odd that the only wailing that ever occurs in the game is found at the time of death (if said death occurs via zombie attack). On top of being very easy to implement (although it might warrant some additions to the game's sound library), it would add to the realism and atmosphere if the player cried out in pain upon taking injury. smaller things like cutting yourself on a broken window or getting "bruised" in a zombie encounter could have a reduced chance of eliciting a yelp and/or result in milder vocalizations. meanwhile, more serious injuries (zombie bites/scratches, falling, gunshot wounds, etc) could cause a more severe response, and attract more attention from nearby zombies.

this idea could even be expanded to include little grunts and whatnot as you vault over fences and complete otherwise strenuous tasks. think, how cool would it be if you could hear your character wisper obsceneties under his/her breath as they sterilize a wound? or walk near a corpse?

and of course i deeply apologize if this has been suggested before, etc etc, yadda yadda yadda

Or just have the "Q" button actually incorporate sounds instead of just the words appearing overhead.

*starts opening can of sardines*

GRuuuuuuugnngg...

*opens the can*

Uwah!!

O__O

Grunting and the like would have its ups and downs... as you've mentioned, they would utter sounds at some instance or event such as encountering zombies and/or simply jumping over a fence...

Simulating this, imagine that these were implemented. After a few hours or so of this would you or would you not get a little bit tired?

(just a question and no tone is being applied here)

I agree that sounds as you have mentioned could be a great addition, but may I suggest that these also be included as toggle-able from the options? In case some don't like it. (But I do :3)

Now, obscenities... there's something I could get into O__O 

(I am sneaking around zombies and I hope I don't get pricked by a thorn)

-gets pricked by a thorn-

"Yelp!"

(Oh no the zombies heard me. Better climb over this fence)

-climbs over fence-

"Grunt!"

Some time later

(I really should stop making noises when zombies are nearby. Now to try and sterilise this thorn prick.)

-starts applying honey-

"Jesus deserved to die in pain and Mary was pathetic. God damn this thorn".

(I wish I could just get on with things without saying things like that)

(I am sneaking around zombies and I hope I don't get pricked by a thorn)

-gets pricked by a thorn-

"Yelp!"

(Oh no the zombies heard me. Better climb over this fence)

-climbs over fence-

"Grunt!"

Some time later

(I really should stop making noises when zombies are nearby. Now to try and sterilise this thorn prick.)

-starts applying honey-

"Jesus deserved to die in pain and Mary was pathetic. God damn this thorn".

(I wish I could just get on with things without saying things like that)

the font change did it for me :lol:

such an addition might also warrant the creation of new traits. something like "crybaby - makes a bigger fuss when in pain" and "tough - makes a smaller fuss when in pain"

That sounds pretty good. What would it be under? It's own skill tree, or under strength/sneak etc?

could just be its own thing like thick skinned or sleepyhead

possibly a little addition to things like thick skinned as well? so if you are thick skinned you are less likely to feel the minor pain you get.