Mondoid discussion 20.7.2015 - The Creative Revolution

Batsphinx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like such a minor task to expand upon the current set (some pixel art and a few prop traits right), 

So

...say

......we

......all?

No, art is not some minor task and probably accounts for some 70% of game budgets ;p

Not ruling it out but if I were an artist responsible for the masses of tile art for this game that comment would have turned my gut into a churn :P

Well, perhaps it's a little harder than that :)

The other option was to open it up to modding, so that the game will spawn any X by X tile art within a category (eg "bathtub") into a map position randomly upon the first chunk initialization. That way the community can fill in additional content and not worry about doing tedious map editing for the 5,000,000 chunks you'll have in the game by the time it's "finished".

Just an easy 5min coding job, I'm sure :P

A question just came to me: Will attaching generators be a problem for buildings made in creative mode, like it is for houses made with the construction skill?

had 3 more questions:

How big of an area will we be able to copy/paste? I want to move all of WestPoint and the mall right next to mauldraug.

Will we be able to rotate copied material?

and will zombie populations reflect new biulding placements, like is the population system tied to the room 'type' you choose when figuring out loot spawns?

Man I'm full of questions today.

1. Not likely a problem. Buildings are currently handled as separate instances and most coded info is tied to the room definitions I think, and those are generated in the tool.

2. I think one cell will be max as in with the mapping tools. and you'll probably have a hard time aligning it with anything. Stick to buildings or just change a cell name in the files. If you want large scale changes, the mapping tools are most likely still the best...

3. Most stuff most likely. Buildings can already be rotated in the tools, but since not all sprites have all 4 directions, everything doesn't rotate. So yes and no.

4. Loot spawns are handled via a "spawn map" and that has to be drawn separately at least at the moment. I'm not sure how they'll address this, if at all.

A question just came to me: Will attaching generators be a problem for buildings made in creative mode, like it is for houses made with the construction skill?

had 3 more questions:

How big of an area will we be able to copy/paste? I want to move all of WestPoint and the mall right next to mauldraug.

Will we be able to rotate copied material?

and will zombie populations reflect new biulding placements, like is the population system tied to the room 'type' you choose when figuring out loot spawns?

Man I'm full of questions today.

1. Not likely a problem. Buildings are currently handled as separate instances and most coded info is tied to the room definitions I think, and those are generated in the tool.

2. I think one cell will be max as in with the mapping tools. and you'll probably have a hard time aligning it with anything. Stick to buildings or just change a cell name in the files. If you want large scale changes, the mapping tools are most likely still the best...

3. Most stuff most likely. Buildings can already be rotated in the tools, but since not all sprites have all 4 directions, everything doesn't rotate. So yes and no.

4. Loot spawns are handled via a "spawn map" and that has to be drawn separately at least at the moment. I'm not sure how they'll address this, if at all.

Thanks!

I always think that if the Mondoid is slow to come out it's because they're trying to get a build released along with it. It could be me just self-hyping though.

EDIT: Yup, it was just self-hype. Soon you will be mine, Build 33. Soon...