Mondoid discussion 20.7.2015 - The Creative Revolution

Batsphinx

wow, just wow guys, maybe with this new awesome mode i can start on working on the buildings in a map i started like one year ago that its lots empty.

Thank you for your hard work, dedication and this awesome experience that is PZ :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty neat stuff.

But i have one question, how are the zombie population is going to work?

Lets say i make a hospital in the middle of the town, i want to have hordes surrounding the building, will i be able to do that?

And, lets say i make a map of a desert, is there going to be a way to control the weather of the map? (Hot, rainy, cold, snow,etc) 

Also whatever happen to the animations? Are they going to be in build 33? Haven't heard anything of them in a while.

I have a number of questions regarding the new map editor.

Will people be able to add new ground textures, vegetation, new floors, walls and roofs, so we can create new biomes and cities? And equally important to me, how will we able to add layers like zombie density, rain probability and heat? Or is the editor on its own smart enough to distinguish the city centre from the outskirts and to adjust the zombie density accordingly? 

I am so looking forward to this. Unfortunately it takes a disciplined team with a clear idea and focus to create anything noteworthy. Years ago I made scenes for M&B: Warband it always took ages to breathe life into a scene.

Now that there will be an easily accessible tool, there will be lots of crappy maps.

Map Request: Manhatten

I think the devs said they will be finishing the Kentucky map and that's it. more locations around the world would be created via mods. Personally before I didn't really have any intention on modding/making maps but after seeing this I really want to make my home city of Belfast, Northern Ireland :)

Everyone should give this map editor a go when it comes it and try and create your own home city.

I think I am going to make a map of 'a few months after' and fill the map with all the forts I could imagine, and fill them out as if survivors had been there, but are gone now. Including the breaches (Or not).

I have had in idea for the self-store it facility in town that I have been waiting for moving furniture for, now I can't wait to edit on a grand scale!

Will the maps that are created via Creative Mode be compatible later on once camera rotation or any major asset/physiscs changes get implemented?

I am really excited to see how this editor mode is going to evolve over time.

A question just came to me: Will attaching generators be a problem for buildings made in creative mode, like it is for houses made with the construction skill?

had 3 more questions:

How big of an area will we be able to copy/paste? I want to move all of WestPoint and the mall right next to mauldraug.

Will we be able to rotate copied material?

and will zombie populations reflect new biulding placements, like is the population system tied to the room 'type' you choose when figuring out loot spawns?

Man I'm full of questions today.

Somewhat OT but very related:

Are we going to get an increase in props for the coming map expansion, or is what we see in this video it for the final game? I mean, one bath tub model, one shower model, one or two chair models, one bookcase model, etc, etc?

One of the reasons the world feels so monotonous currently is this repetitiveness of props (as well as brick wall color and similar layouts of course). It seems like such a minor task to expand upon the current set (some pixel art and a few prop traits right), I hope we get more OR that the devs include a system that will allow more to be seamlessly added in later on*

*Such as ANY 2x1 bathtub model can be spawned at initial chunk spawn in a "2x1 bathtub" slot (randomly) if modded/dev added bathtub models are placed in a given folder. I've seen other games do something like this, and it helps a lot, as well as being very modder-friendly.

It seems like such a minor task to expand upon the current set (some pixel art and a few prop traits right), 

So

...say

......we

......all?

No, art is not some minor task and probably accounts for some 70% of game budgets ;p

Not ruling it out but if I were an artist responsible for the masses of tile art for this game that comment would have turned my gut into a churn :P