Simple NPC's (animals).

Adamiks

We all know that devs are working on NPC's. My idea is - why we need really inteligent NPC's first when we can have "stupid" NPC's like dogs faster? For example dogs would just need to follow player and attack zombies (or players :D) which is pretty simple. 

EDIT

Dogs would also need to avoid some zombies, but i think that devs actually have this system kinda working (mondoid).

NPC animals of some sort are actually listed as a "Tentative Yes" here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ , so I really hope we get them someday.

It's personally my most desired feature because I already like trying to live off the land in Project Zomboid as the game is now and really feel like hunting would just round out that play style in a really fun way. Hunting things like dear and having to worry about the occasional bear would make living and traveling through the wilderness way more fun and interesting.

I also feel like animals of other kinds would really add a lot to the game with farm animals or dogs like mentioned in the OP.

I swear to god i seen a bunny in one mondoid before, but it has been so much time that i dont remember if they said that we are going to get hunting or not.

They have said multiple times they need hunting, cars, and npc's in before they will say it's 1.0. And yeah I remember that mondoid.

I swear to god i seen a bunny in one mondoid before, but it has been so much time that i dont remember if they said that we are going to get hunting or not.

They have said multiple times they need hunting, cars, and npc's in before they will say it's 1.0. And yeah I remember that mondoid.

well before 1.0 i would also like to see things like metal working, real roofs, and more detailed stuff like that.

NPC animals of some sort are actually listed as a "Tentative Yes" here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ , so I really hope we get them someday.

Yea i know that devs will add NPC's (survivors and maybe animals too), but the point is that devs want to realease NPC's survivors first (i think, because i didn't seen any mondoid about animals) and i think that they could add animals to the game in build 33, because in mondoid NPC's had even looting and watching for zombies system!

Yea i know that devs will add NPC's (survivors and maybe animals too), but the point is that devs want to realease NPC's survivors first (i think, because i didn't seen any mondoid about animals) and i think that they could add animals to the game in build 33, because in mondoid NPC's had even looting and watching for zombies system!

Damn, are you really suggesting animals for the next build? 

I do believe animals had to be more than just "mindless" running pixels. Some sort of complexity. Dogs would be interesting though.

they have their own schedules, their own plans for what gets worked on "next"

quite honestly, i feel animals would be a stupid way to spend the time. we don't even have the needed animations for animals yet.

adding them now, prior to the new animations, would just be stupid, pointless work that will be outdated "soon"

consider the other stuff that is being worked on in regards to B32 and B33, important things like Steam Workshop, Creative mode, further work on the Broadcasting, Map Expansion, NPC's and other stuff we may not even know about yet.

please try to remember, it is The Devs who choose what are the top priorities, not us.

please try to remember, it is The Devs who choose what are the top priorities, not us.

Seriously? Again? I though we talked about it.

It's a suggestion.

Bye.

try making suggestions that are logical and fit into the game, not asking for something that is not currently possible in the game as is.

1. Having a dog that can kill zombies is logicial.

2. NPCs fit into the game. Even devs want NPCs in the game!

3. Why this isn't currently possible? Why there is a problem in making animation and code? It's impossible?

Seriously? Again? I though we talked about it.

It's a suggestion.

Bye.

try making suggestions that are logical and fit into the game, not asking for something that is not currently possible in the game as is.

its possible. its just a little bit tricky. i mean there are ways to do it.

Yeah, just like that one guy suggested to have a In-Game Map Editor about a week ago, wchich seemed like a dream more than suggestions and blam, here it comes.

Would you say that fits in to the game or makes logical sense before the last mondoid?

Svarog, do you honestly believe, even for a second, they would add something like animals with the current animations?

even for one tiny second?

it would be pointless, redundant work. what is so hard to understand about that?

it would be completely illogical from every possible angle to add something that requires a new animation to the current game, and with as much work as they have to do, it would be a MAJOR waste of development time

Svarog, do you honestly believe, even for a second, they would add something like animals with the current animations?

it would be pointless, redundant work. what is so hard to understand about that?

it would be completely illogical from every possible angle to add something that requires a new animation to the current game, and with as much work as they have to do, it would be a MAJOR waste of development time

Did anyone say that's to be included into the game, oh, idk, tomorrow? This is a suggestions forums. Sure, if people read the Commonly Suggested Suggestions thread we'd have a lot less suggestions, let's just let people suggest stuff they want, ignore the reposts or reply with a link to older threads.

There is a metric f ton of suggestions in suggestions on this sub forum that would be a complete waste of time ATM, why waste your time getting worked up over them?

Did anyone say that's to be included into the game, oh, idk, tomorrow? This is a suggestions forums. Sure, if people read the Commonly Suggested Suggestions thread we'd have a lot less suggestions, let's just let people suggest stuff they want, ignore the reposts or reply with a link to older threads.

There is a metric f ton of suggestions in suggestions on this sub forum that would be a complete waste of time ATM, why waste your time getting worked up over them?

who said i was worked up? i'm enjoying this.  i think its funny that Adamiks had to get on the PM's and rally someone to come here and back him up. yeah, i know he's on the PM's. its real easy see what other people are doing if you know how. i just wonder who will be here next, Zorak, Spracky, Penguin, Sly Wolf or Ortorin

yes. it IS a suggestions forum. but if someone cannot handle others pointing out a flaw in the suggestion...................

who said i was worked up? i'm enjoying this.  i think its funny that Adamiks had to get on the PM's and rally someone to come here and back him up. yeah, i know he's on the PM's. its real easy see what other people are doing if you know how. i just wonder who will be here next, Zorak, Spracky, Penguin, Sly Wolf or Ortorin

yes. it IS a suggestions forum. but if someone cannot handle others pointing out a flaw in the suggestion...................

Even if, doesn't change the legitimacy of what I said. It's a suggestion, one that has, is and will been suggested forever until it is added, NPC animals, yeah, like I said, Commonly Suggested Suggestions under section Tentative Yes. Nobody reads that stuff because, it's the internet forums and who reads sticky's right? Let's get used to this stuff existing, I've been here just over 6 months and I've seen so many reposts I don't even care anymore.

Edit: Also, the flaw you pointed out can be applied to any suggestion, because any and all suggestions hinder 1.0 progress by asking devs to add this and that.

Edit 2: Better yet, report the reposts.

I didn't said him to come here, i just said "Look what he said. He have so dumb logic, try to understand him".

In general of course, because we're talking in another language.

I know syfy will not read this, but i'm saying it to another people.

Svarog came here, because he wanted. It looks that people will do what they want, sorry, you can't control us ;)

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

Make one more rude post like this and you'll be taking a very long vacation from our forums. That's twice today now.

Sorry, i broke the warn ;d

I just wanted to test if i can edit a warn, i know - so evil.

Even if, doesn't change the legitimacy of what I said. It's a suggestion, one that has, is and will been suggested forever until it is added, NPC animals, yeah, like I said, Commonly Suggested Suggestions under section Tentative Yes. Nobody reads that stuff because, it's the internet forums and who reads sticky's right?

Edit: Also, the flaw you pointed out can be applied to any suggestion, because any suggestions hinders 1.0 progress by asking devs to add this and that.

boy, ain't that the truth?

Stickies? what are they?

and all that i have been saying, simply put, is that the current animations would not be good for animals.

after we get the NEW animations, i will gladly jump on the bandwagon and ask for them alongside many others.

don't get me wrong on this, i am not opposed to animals. just not with the current system.

snip

It's not like I don't understand that making this stuff takes a shitload of work but even then, we all know animations are being worked on, the devs know full well that everyone expects NPC animals, it's in the sticky that it's planned, threads like this one are pointless I will admit that and again, why not just report them for either being a repost or for the OP not reading a sticky (So the mod could lock it and add a link to the sticky)? Why even bother posting and arguing?

I could report a whole bunch of threads for various stuff like being in a wrong section or being a repost but I generally just ignore that stuff unless it bothers me and if that's the case, I report it, there is a very convenient button for that.

Edit: Hell, I used that button on this thread because stuff like this thread should be locked for being a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost of a suggestion from a sticky thread.