Removable and buildable roofs.

Adamiks

Ability to removing roofs is what PZ is missing. It's so weird when you make floor on the roof but the roof is still there and in result you can "be" in the roof while walking on the floor. Also craftable roofs (wooden style like everything buildable) would be useful. Oh, and roofs should protect from rain (not rooms, just roofs), because they don't actually.

It's difficult to do without lots of extra resources, but if you build stairs up to the 2nd floor of your building and build a regular floor on that level, the ground below the floor you build won't get wet during rain. Buildable sloped roofs and such would be nice, but you can already make a functional roof with what we have.

It's difficult to do without lots of extra resources, but if you build stairs up to the 2nd floor of your building and build a regular floor on that level, the ground below the floor you build won't get wet during rain. Buildable sloped roofs and such would be nice, but you can already make a functional roof with what we have.

but it looks so square. its like looking at dirt houses in minecraft. having something with better detail and possibly a use instead of floors for a roof. i think this is a better idea.

I know we can, but this just would look so much better. And what about removable roofs? Ya know guys, i think this is the most important part of this suggestion, because i can't make not-shit looking base on the house with the roof without this.

I know we can, but this just would look so much better. And what about removable roofs? Ya know guys, i think this is the most important part of this suggestion, because i can't make not-shit looking base on the house with the roof without this.

But... this is possible ? I did it many times. Juste take a sledgehammer on the level where you want to destroy it, press "r" to choose the tile you want to destroy and there you go...

But... this is possible ? I did it many times. Juste take a sledgehammer on the level where you want to destroy it, press "r" to choose the tile you want to destroy and there you go...

have yet to ever see that...

have yet to ever see that...

I assure ya. It's working.

Flash is correct.

huh, been a while since i tried it but i will take your word. Wonder if physics is a thing that may be added. would remove the need for destroying roofs to not having floating roofs...
Has been planned for a very long time.

Since the original crafting stuff (floors, walls .etc) was added, there've been supports. There's code in the game to check if these supports are holding anything up .etc

One day the sky forts will fall.

Flash is correct.

huh, been a while since i tried it but i will take your word. Wonder if physics is a thing that may be added. would remove the need for destroying roofs to not having floating roofs...

Has been planned for a very long time.

Since the original crafting stuff (floors, walls .etc) was added, there've been supports. There's code in the game to check if these supports are holding anything up .etc

One day the sky forts will fall.

that worries me... i don't have a sky base but i have a friend who does and its right near my ground base. when it falls he is screwed. then i will need to save him and die trying.

• 6 years later...