The Apocalypse Experience.

Weighland

I believe that characters in the game should gain experiences based on what they experience in the apocalypse.

Panic: characters should develop courage overtime. They can be really scared or surprised in the first days of the outbreak but as time passes, they should get used to it and face them without hesitation. They can still get panicked when they are too many, came from behind, grabbed by the zombie or if the character is surrounded.

Nutrition: characters must be able to adapt on how much they eat or drink. A player must be able force their characters to eat less, losing strength overtime but needing less food or the exact opposite, eating more, gaining strength but needing more food everyday. They must also be able to impact fitness skill by their eating pattern.

Build: characters must be able to change their body builds depending on what they do. A character, for example, who goes out everyday, run far distances and practices swinging their weapon or just killing with it should improve their build and gain bonuses to fitness and strength. A character who stays indoors for a long time, however, will get skinny or fat that will negatively affect their fitness and strength.

Senses: characters must be able to improve their senses because of their experience in the outbreak. Right now, only vision and hearing are in game. It's enough but they need improvements. They should be able to improve and know where sounds are coming from. Any more ideas on this will be appreciated.

Sanity: if made possible, a player must be able to become insane based on what he does. This will be best implemented when NPCs are implemented. It will be affected by their deaths either by zombies, other NPCs or by you. It would cause problems with your senses, maybe hearing false sounds and seeing people who aren't there. It will also impact NPC interactions.

Feel free to add more of your great ideas.

Adamiks:

""When you eat more and move more (without moving more you get fatter) you get stronger, when you eat less and move more, you get weaker and skinny."

This would sound more logicial for me."

Nice idea, but i don't like the Nutrition part. If you will eat more you will just be fat, not strong. To be strong you actually need to do something with all this food in your stomach. You're not getting stronger/weaker from eating more/less but from doing more/less and eating exactly how much you need.

I really like Sanity part though. For example after killing people (NPC's or players) you can go insane and see these dead people or something like that. Because people can be psychopaths i think there should be traits like these (psychopath and opposite).

Nice idea, but i don't like the Nutrition part. If you will eat more you will just be fat, not strong. To be strong you actually need to do something with all this food in your stomach. You're not getting stronger/weaker from eating more/less but from doing more/less and eating exactly how much you need.

I really like Sanity part though. For example after killing people (NPC's or players) you can go insane and see these dead people or something like that. Because people can be psychopaths i think there should be traits like these (psychopath and opposite).

I separated nutrition and build for a reason. Like it says in the build, if you stay indoors, you can become skinny or fat. You can't just stay there without eating thus applying the nutrition part. Of course, if you eat less, you will be skinny and vice versa. In the nutrition part, I said that if you eat more, you will become strong meaning more energetic and lively but I did not say anything about the fitness. I put that part in the build so that we don't get confused. I guess I failed on that one :P

Thanks for liking the ideas though :)

I separated nutrition and build for a reason. Like it says in the build, if you stay indoors, you can become skinny or fat. You can't just stay there without eating thus applying the nutrition part. In the nutrition part, I said that if you eat more, you will become strong meaning more energetic and lively but I did not say anything about the fitness. I put that part in the build so that we don't get confused. I guess I failed on that one :P

Well.... I think you should make a one part, something like this:

"When you eat more and move more (without moving more you get fatter) you get stronger, when you eat less and move more, you get weaker and skinny."

This would sound more logicial for me.

I separated nutrition and build for a reason. Like it says in the build, if you stay indoors, you can become skinny or fat. You can't just stay there without eating thus applying the nutrition part. In the nutrition part, I said that if you eat more, you will become strong meaning more energetic and lively but I did not say anything about the fitness. I put that part in the build so that we don't get confused. I guess I failed on that one :P

Well.... I think you should make a one part, something like this:

"When you eat more and move more (without moving more you get fatter) you get stronger, when you eat less and move more, you get weaker and skinny."

This would sound more logicial for me.

Added... Kinda :P

Ehm... this kind of system is already in I believe :P

Characters will get used to panic and lose panic VERY fast, if survived for a decent amount of time.

Eating fresh things like salad, fruits etc. will increase your fitness.

Doing the opposite, eating chips and chocolate, will decrease your fitness.

Leveling up your nimble skill increases your ,,vision field".

Doing activities like running, fighting zombies, will affect your character. There were added two special bars for seeing your status in the skill panel.

All of those are already in the game in some form or another except for the Sanity thing. There's depression and sadness, but its effects are negligible, but I'm sure it will be re-visited/expanded in the future.

The directional sounds thing is tough. Its a 3D isometric game where your character is constantly spinning. So do the sounds play through your speakers in reference to your character's orientation or from your view perspective? They added in a 'directional sound' system a few updates ago, but its tough to do in a game like this. If you don't base the sounds orientation on your character's reference (disorientating to do), then you lose the ability to differentiate sounds that are above/below your view perspective. You have to assume people aren't playing with full surround sound systems where you have front/rear speakers. Maybe this feature is in for players that do use a full surround sound system.

Anyways, point is the devs agree with you and have attempted to solve the problem, but there isn't much they can do unless they increase the system minimums to having a surround sound system.

I agree with the sanity traits related part. Also the veterans could be vulnerable to get insane. (Majority of veterans are quite touched by the war) It also could give this profession a disadventage. 

Well, to piggyback on the getting fat part, theres an important survival aspect to sitting around and just eating food. Warmth! And maybe padding! As the thinnest of people, I can tell you that winters are insufferably cold.

But some of this is already implemented (I'm told, haven't actually experienced it). You can supposively sprint your way to a better life in the base game already.