Pemberton, Wigan, UK (Very Early Stages)

Pabs_Mindgame

Hello All :)

Firstly I'd like to say that I started this project 2 days ago so it is in it's very early stages.

At the moment It is a 2x2 cell map that revolves around where i live. As a UK player it annoys me that there are no UK maps (let alone UK based zombie games) so i thought i would try my hand at making one! :D I'm hoping that i'll be able to edit it so that guns are that rare you probably won't find one for years (as we don't have guns lingering around the place haha). But that is in the long run, I'm hoping to eventually make it into a 5x5 cell map which covers most of the Wigan area and Pemberton, At the moment the only building i have made is my own home :D and i'm pretty sure i need to tinker around with the road sizes and layout of them as at the moment i don't believe things are in scale.

As it's going to take me a long time doing this on my own (also this is the first map i've ever made so i am slightly out of my depth but time will tell) I will gladly accept any help from anyone who would be interested in working on this project with me :)

Screenshot of 2x2 map (at the moment it revolves around my street)

post-18890-0-85399300-1437224436_thumb.p

Screenshot of the Pemberton area

post-18890-0-47631700-1437224518_thumb.p

Screenshot of Pemberton and Wigan

post-18890-0-02579500-1437224967_thumb.p

Now i know the map i've made may be really small at the minute but as i said i started this 2 days ago, the vision is to create a 5x5 (or maybe bigger depending on if anyone helps) map of the area i live in which is called Pemberton, a little town that is a mile or 2 away from wigan town center so ideally i want to incorporate wigan town center into the map (kind of like muldragh being a small town and west point being the bigger one if you get my drift?)

Anyway yeah If anybody has any questions or wants to help out then just get in touch :D

I've downloaded a few community made buildings and implemented them into the map (mainly to help with testing, but more than likely i won't be using any community made buildings in the proper version as theyre all a tad american though i may edit them with the right permissions) Glad to hear even a few people are looking forward to it! I'm gonna say a rough estimation of about 4-6 months to get the 2x2 map done (depending on what issues i come across etc etc) But I will keep this thread updated and will include screenshots etc :)

Hi Guys & Gals!

I've been quite busy today with my project, I have completely re-done the map to try to get it to be a better scale (which i think i have succeeded in doing), I've built a few houses, pub, factory and a shop (these are all rather basic models), I have used Doublebrains Abandoned Factory, Pridelosts Water Treatment Center and Vegeds ArmA 2 style Fire Station just to add some fun to testing!

I'm just slowly going about improving the buildings, making different house models etc and then getting all the little details right, as i've just seen the latest mondoid Creative mode looks like it could really help me out so i'm really looking forward to that! so once that comes out I think i'll be progressing with this map a lot more!

Again it's in it's early stages but I'm having a lot of fun testing it out!

If anyone would like to test the map at all then PM me :)

New Map Layout

post-18890-0-38061000-1437397052_thumb.p

Top Left Corner

post-18890-0-23760900-1437397108_thumb.p

Bottom Left Corner

post-18890-0-35270900-1437397152_thumb.p

Bottom Right Corner

post-18890-0-51491800-1437397208_thumb.p

Top Right Corner

post-18890-0-64818300-1437397361_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

Just to let everyone know, I'm delaying working on this map for quite a while as I've got way too much on my plate at the moment, nothing bad just uber busy! but I will get around to starting this up again soon! when I do, I will probably be starting it from the start again as I'm going to make it quite a bit bigger :D anyway I'll keep this updated! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all!

I'm going to be commencing work on this project again within the next few weeks, I'll be keeping this updated as I always have been. A huge apology for the delays, but at least the ball Is moving again! 

Not too sure whether the building tools got implemented into the game, so I'm going to have to download the map building tools if not. (any advice on this would be appreciated) I'm pretty much having to start from scratch due to PC issues, so It may be a while until my next update.

Until Then Survivors

Hey Pabs, still have to work with the tools for the maps, creative mode hasnt hit de fan yet.

Just a little question, are going to attach your map to the vanilla map? If this is a yes, would be good to not overlap other custom maps, to have more places around :)

9 hours ago, EUDOXIO said:

Hey Pabs, still have to work with the tools for the maps, creative mode hasnt hit de fan yet.

Just a little question, are going to attach your map to the vanilla map? If this is a yes, would be good to not overlap other custom maps, to have more places around :)

Hey EUDOXIO :)

I'm pretty glad that creative mode hasn't been implemented yet as I prefer using TileZed etc though creative mode seems more simple.

This is something I haven't actually thought about, I would happily attach it to the vanilla map when It's done, though I haven't the foggyist idea how to but I'll ask around when the time comes. Should be pretty cool walking around a USA map then strolling into Northern England :D But yeah I will attach it to the Vanilla map and make sure It doesn't overlap the other custom maps :) 

Hello Fellow Survivors!

I know I only updated this yesterday stating that I'd be starting soon...well I decided to make a start on It today and I've progressed much further than I thought I would do. The map layout Is done, I've checked It and It works fully. I've made a few houses which I'm going to change as I was just playing around. 

This Is what I believe Is left to be done. 

1. Build Houses
  2. Build Shops
  3. Build Industrial Lots
  4. Implement them onto the map
  5. Add Little Details
  6. Sort the settings out (Zombie Spawn Map etc)
  7. Fin

As I complete these I will update this list. Anyway here are some images of the work so far and I look forward to getting more done!

Keep Surviving

Few Houses.jpg

Inside Decor.jpg

Pem Layout So Far.jpg

Pem Map.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:15 PM, Pabs_Mindgame said:

Hello all, I've been away for quite a while and got a new pc so I've lost all my files on this project, so no progress has been made, I'm looking into starting this up again for build 41, don't expect this to be an overnight job but I am going to start working on an english map

You can always recover your files using utilities for recovering data.

EaseUs , Recuva , Disk Drill , Glary Undelete and another tools.

I also lost files and recovered them used one of tools.