In the far off development of this game, it needs helicopters

TheGrifter

Ain't no reasonable Romero simulation of what-havery without no damned whirlie birds up on the roof, allowing me to crash it because I don't know how to fly it.

We need a chopper, so we can land on top of malls, and inside secured military compounds.

Also, there should be a designated chopper pilot skill needed. You don't just pick that up all willy nilly..

Of course, we ain't even got vehicles, but I like to speculate about the future of this game.

Future's bright, but it's hungry. The hunger of the undead.

I'm pretty sure the engine couldn't handle that but i'm not gonna say for sure, i'm not a game dev. I'm not saying never but highly unlikely. Cars are 100% though so look forward to that ;)

Something that could switch Z-levels with the number pad, maxing out at a certain level, and consuming a ton of gas.. Not the greatest realism, but maybe it could be done.

Right now I'm not even sure how vehicles are going to work in multiplayer. It's probably gonna crash in the black edge before it loads. But I guess helicopters wouldn't be so different from cars. Maybe add controls that allows it to go up stories and just have the same controls as a car. Well, except the turning.

on one hand, the ability to fly from...fort knox to a rooftop in louisville would be awesome, and a great way to die when the zombies swarm the roof to see what all the noise was.

on another hand, i can picture numerous threads asking why they could not fly to the other side of the river, or a different area without zombies....or griping that they ran into the maps borders and could not go past it.

i guess that brings up the subject of getting it to work on mod maps too.

i dunno, may be more trouble than it is worth, without knowing whether the engine would even tolerate it, or how they would make it look like it is actually above the ground.

on another hand, i can picture numerous threads asking why they could not fly to the other side of the river, or a different area without zombies....or griping that they ran into the maps borders and could not go past it.

Same reason we can't now, on foot. Game reasons. I'd be satisfied with something that moved fast, made a shitton of noise, and tranversed z levels.

Right now I'm not even sure how vehicles are going to work in multiplayer. It's probably gonna crash in the black edge before it loads. But I guess helicopters wouldn't be so different from cars. Maybe add controls that allows it to go up stories and just have the same controls as a car. Well, except the turning.

Cars don't need to go 100mph they just need to go fast enough to where they are better than running across the map, And you could store items in them.

Cars don't need to go 100mph they just need to go fast enough to where they are better than running across the map, And you could store items in them.

i mean having a speedster to go down some roads pretty fast would be nice.

That would be cool, But if they can't do high speeds i'm perfectly fine with it.

i agree. i9 just had an idea and now dont shoot me down. Tanks. I doubt many could drive them so just make it stationary and make it almost like a turtle shell. one way in and out. confined. it could save you but also be your coffin. i mean this is if there was military support in the town but otherwise never mind my idea.

That would be cool, But if they can't do high speeds i'm perfectly fine with it.

i agree. i9 just had an idea and now dont shoot me down. Tanks. I doubt many could drive them so just make it stationary and make it almost like a turtle shell. one way in and out. confined. it could save you but also be your coffin. i mean this is if there was military support in the town but otherwise never mind my idea.

Tanks would be amazing (TWD?) I think they said somewhere they would'nt be adding tanks. They said nothing about having them being a stationary thing found at fort knox or miltitary checkpoints.

Help an NPC with some kind of quest to repair the chopper.  Then you have a guy who could taxi you to predetermined destinations in a heli.  Maybe you can pay him with fuel or whatever.  Someone should make this a mod.

i just realized. you could be that one jerk who flies right above a persons house to draw the horde and then fly away. they couldn't do anything but watch.

Help an NPC with some kind of quest to repair the chopper.  Then you have a guy who could taxi you to predetermined destinations in a heli.  Maybe you can pay him with fuel or whatever.  Someone should make this a mod.

i just realized. you could be that one jerk who flies right above a persons house to draw the horde and then fly away. they couldn't do anything but watch.

We are become metagame, destroyer of safehouses.

I really think a helicopter would be awesome to have in the game the same way a chainsaw will be but to a greater degree. The chainsaw is a useless noisy weapon and the helicopter could be a useless noisy death trap! I truly like the idea of having it in the game so that just about any character that tries to pilot it will basically crash and die because they don't know how to. It would just feel so right and "Zomboid" that way :P

I really think a helicopter would be awesome to have in the game the same way a chainsaw will be but to a greater degree. The chainsaw is a useless noisy weapon and the helicopter could be a useless noisy death trap! I truly like the idea of having it in the game so that just about any character that tries to pilot it will basically crash and die because they don't know how to. It would just feel so right and "Zomboid" that way :P

i mean i know how to fly helicopters and planes but am not a pilot. no its not from games. So i mean some people can. and not only pilots. just its rare for non pilots to be able to unless they are related to pilots.