Nothing appears in cell

Pabs_Mindgame

Hi Zomboids and Zombettes :D

I'm currently making a map of my local area Wigan in the UK and i've hit a snag, I've made my map (using phtooshop cs6) BMP file etc etc, made my first building which is my house :D but here's the thing i'm following Thuztor's Guide and on page 20 I'm stuck, I double click on the cell of my map in WorldEd that i want to place my house into and on his guide it comes up fine, whereas when i double click the cell i get nothing but grey.... :/ I have had the problem with the Veg map not recognizing colours and I'm hoping that it's down to that but i thought i would ask on here and see if anyone has had this problem?

By the way this is the first time i've tried doing anything like this, i'm no expert in computers so any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks Guys!

Screenshot of map in world ed

post-18890-0-46858400-1437131010_thumb.j

Screenshot of cell i chose

post-18890-0-56288900-1437131053_thumb.j

Make sure your all your xml files for that particular cell are correct and both converted well.

You need both (your).bmp and (your)_veg.bmp in one folder, locate it and drag drop, than convert it with the option (assigned generated maps to the world) and once you do that properly and no file is missing there shouldn't be a reason in the world that you double click and get grey.

Maybe you moved your files and than re-opened project so it lost direction. 

Or maybe your specific bmp/_veg.bmp have some kind of error due to coloring mistakes. 

Check in all that, other than that there shouldn't be a problem in the world.

Also check that for each cell the the bmp is exactly 300 pixels per cell.

If nothing works, either make a new project from scratch and start converting veg files until you find the corrupted one, once you do make sure to input proper colors, and if that doesn't help, check if your WordEd has something corrupt within it.

The way you do that is by making a pure white _veg, it should give you errors but still run, if it doesn't read that than your WorldEd is corrupt, in that case reinstall it.

Make sure you have an updated version of the tiles, to what ever build you're using. 

Because it might just not locate the grass dirt and your "floor_" tiles in general. 

To do that you go to Tilezed pick "tools" choose "Tilesets..." and check that all your canvas/floor types aren't red.

post-23887-0-71697100-1437134419_thumb.p

post-23887-0-10117100-1437134421_thumb.p

post-23887-0-55842700-1437134422_thumb.p

post-23887-0-03129500-1437134424_thumb.p

post-23887-0-20811200-1437134427_thumb.p

post-23887-0-34175600-1437134430_thumb.p

Firstly i would like to thank you for covering this in so much detail! and giving me screenshots!

Secondly Thank you very much as "(assigned generated maps to the world)" was unchecked and that has solved it from what i can see!

Thank you very much for you help Encrypted! My project moves onward!!! :D