More interactions, comfort/relaxed moodle

Basixx

So in the recent mondoid the devs said they are trying to make the world seem lived in/ liveable. So I thought on this while playing my SP character. I realised that my character wasn't able to physically sit down on a chair/sofa or lie down on a bed. To me, I think it makes my character look more like, you know a game character rather than an actual person. I enjoy thinking of my char as an actual person :D.  It seems to me like this should be brought in and fits with what the mondoid said (sort of).

I thought on it a bit more yesterday and came up with a few things I would like to see added.

•  The ability for my character to physically sit in a chair/sofa.

• The ability for my character to physically lay in bed, and getting into bed before sleeping.

•  Being able to read a book while sitting down. Reading standing up for several hours seems strange to me.

• Maybe a Comfort/Relaxed moodle. being relaxed would help ease pain of some injuries like fractures and leg injuries. 

• Plates! Would love to make my character sit down at the table and eat of a plate with a knife and fork (as zeds casually knock on my windows).

• I also thought that maybe if you had the sleepyhead trait, you could accidentally fall asleep for a random amount if hours.

• Chairs made my carpentry level 4 would not be as comfy as chairs made from carpentry level 9, which makes sense.

• Hygiene could also be added. wearing the same clothes all the time etc. and getting covered in blood wouldn't exactly make me happy. perhaps being dirty could affect the characters mood and make him sad?

In theory just stuff that makes the character seem like a person rather than just another character :P 

Yeah but a lot of that is hypothetical. One person's problem isn't another person's problem. 
I think the clothing thing is abit much and goes the way of having to use the toilet in-game. 
I do think you should be able to 'rest' on the ground. Why can't I just sit down and rest? Why MUST it be a chair? Having to level up to build a chair to rest in is sort of insane to me. There should be a 'rest' option for toilets (gives the illusion of the using the toilet thing) and certainly tainted water should come from a toilet and probably the fixtures after water is shut off. 
I just think I should be able to set out cooked food portioned up or not onto the table instead of just throwing it on the floor.
An easy option is to make it so when you're close enough to another person/npc you see their inventory a lot like the individual tile/crate in the game with the window open. That could also make for pickpocketing or something but it would definitely make item management between people more straight forward in my  opinion. 

I'm kinda joking, but you're suggesting some kind of mix between the Sims and PZ, right? :P

I do agree with some more animations, for resting or sleeping, maybe reading too, but as far as I'm concerned the actual system is fine. Let's see what new animations the next release will bring!

I definitely think the difference in comfort should affect the quality of your sleep. This way there's a reason to build a carpentry bed in your safehouse for more than just looks. As it is, the bed is a glorified chair, eh? The "Relax" context option for curing exertion could include the sitting animation on chairs or couches and a lounging animation on the beds. Not sure how well eating with a plate would work with the game. Sure it could happen, but would it be feasible as a game mechanic is the question. It's also worth mentioning, we already do have soap and other detergents we can loot from bathrooms, I see no reason why we couldn't add a hygiene status. Proper hygiene would help prevent disease and make your character happy, whereas poor hygiene would make you sick more often and less happy (unless you've got a trait for that? More traits is always nice).     We Sims now, Woohoo pls?

I've seen the "sleep quality" suggestion repeated many times around the forum. I think it's something that'll be implemented, if not, it really should.

The hygiene wouldn't be too much of a problem as long as there is water, but I think it would become a pain in the arse after the water shutoff. You'd spend a lot of time gathering water, and you already need it to drink. I don't see it as a viable game mechanic on the long term.

I had missed your suggestion for sleepyhead - er, you're actually describing some sort of narcolepsy. That's a trait I would NEVER take. Falling asleep in the middle of a horde isn't very appealing ^^

As for tainted water from toilets, I don't find it logical. The majority of the toilet you find in the toilets is in the tank, which is not in direct contact with the "bowl". I don't see why it should be tainted, it's like taking it from a water heater.

The hygiene was something I didn't really think the game would need, but it would be cool to have nonetheless. I find that when I'm playing there's a lot of  interactions I wish were there, simple human interactions like sitting in a chair for example. Yes you could say it would be a mix between Sims and a zombie apocalypse but would it hurt to have your character feel more eh ... human :) As for the plates and eating with cutlery, it would be the same as eating a beans bowl to eating an open can of beans, you get the boredom and unhappiness debuffs from eating them out of a bowl, simple things like that. 

Yeah but a lot of that is hypothetical. One person's problem isn't another person's problem. 
I think the clothing thing is abit much and goes the way of having to use the toilet in-game. 
I do think you should be able to 'rest' on the ground. Why can't I just sit down and rest? Why MUST it be a chair? Having to level up to build a chair to rest in is sort of insane to me. 

I didn't mean you wouldn't be able to rest at all, I just meant that resting wouldn't be as effective in a level 4 carpentry chair as it is in a level 7 carpentry chair .

Another thing I thought of recently would be that you could get sick or infected eating from a frying pan you killed a zombie with? Its blood would be on the pan wouldn't it? same goes if you use a kitchen knife in cooking after killing zeds with it. :D 

Most of the comfort traits have been suggested. and both the sweating and plates have been suggested by me in 2 other posts... no one reads the old posts anymore... but anyway as i have said on the other posts i like the ideas and i feel most will come when they add the new animations.