Solvent Abuse

Trojan_Turps

First off Solvent Abuse kills so don't do it!

I'm not sure if this is classified as drugs?

There are already lots of things in PZ that could be abused by sniffing-

Glue,aerosol cans,lighter gas,fuel canisters,paints and probably more.

Solvent Abuse makes you feel drunk and can cause hallucinations but it can also kill you instantly on your first try. It could be interesting to add this to PZ for anyone stupid enough to try it? It could make you happy with the risk of death? Could also be used to commit suicide?

Solvent Abuse makes you feel drunk and can cause hallucinations but it can also kill you instantly on your first try. It could be interesting to add this to PZ for anyone stupid enough to try it? It could make you happy with the risk of death? Could also be used to commit suicide?

besides suicide there is no real use behind it. It seems like a useless feature.

besides suicide there is no real use behind it. It seems like a useless feature.

Getting drunk seems to be a useless feature but it's in the game and people do it :/

Getting drunk seems to be a useless feature but it's in the game and people do it :/

Getting drunk makes your character happy, helps you sleep, and reduces panic. 

Being unhappy causes your character to perform tasks much slower. Transfer a stack of 50 seeds or nails when happy and transfer when unhappy, you'll see the difference.

i see none.

I think that it should have more of an affect than just slowing down transferring stuff.

Things like-

disrupted sleep.

More prone to illness.

Lose the ability to do complex tasks because you can't be bothered or focus.

Learn skill points slower.

Have negative effects with NPCs.

I can put up with a bit of a slow transfer speed so there needs to be more negative affects I think.

Being unhappy causes your character to perform tasks much slower. Transfer a stack of 50 seeds or nails when happy and transfer when unhappy, you'll see the difference.

i see none.

I think that it should have more of an affect than just slowing down transferring stuff.

Things like-

disrupted sleep.

More prone to illness.

Lose the ability to do complex tasks because you can't be bothered or focus.

Learn skill points slower.

Have negative effects with NPCs.

I can put up with a bit of a slow transfer speed so there needs to be more negative affects I think.

I fully agree. I'd maybe even add the restless sleeper trait if it continues long enough. I do wish that Robomat gets back to his sleeping overhaul mod and it gets implemented into the main game or the devs would do something similar themselves.

Other dangerous things that could make you happy -

Playing with fire.

Putting crayons up your nose.

Running around in only your underwear.

Stabbing a knife between your fingers really fast.

Balancing a sledgehammer on your chin.

Suffocating yourself.

Cow tipping (with zombies)

Yoga?

Singing.

Juggling with claw hammers.

:)

To be fair the inventory transfer is negligible at worst in single player, though multiplayer it makes a HUGE impact. I do agree though, happiness management should be more important while NPCs are still a ways out. I've lived on a diet of worms for months on end with no harm done. 

To be fair the inventory transfer is negligible at worst in single player, though multiplayer it makes a HUGE impact. I do agree though, happiness management should be more important while NPCs are still a ways out. I've lived on a diet of worms for months on end with no harm done.

Simply as a game mechanic you should not be able to live off worms.

Staying happy could add a bit of depth to long term survival. Finding things to keep yourself happy would get you out of your remote safe house and back in the danger zone :)

Staying happy could add a bit of depth to long term survival. Finding things to keep yourself happy would get you out of your remote safe house and back in the danger zone :)

I actually posted a suggestion myself earlier regarding happiness, suggesting that performing actions tied to the hobby traits/profession would make your character happy. Really all we have now is eating fancy soups and reading books.

I actually posted a suggestion myself earlier regarding happiness, suggesting that performing actions tied to the hobby traits/profession would make your character happy. Really all we have now is eating fancy soups and reading books.

well does happiness really play a major part besides stopping depression and sadness. and from what i have seen depression and sadness do nothing major.

well does happiness really play a major part besides stopping depression and sadness. and from what i have seen depression and sadness do nothing major.

Other than slower actions, it does nothing yet. When NPC's roll in though, it's gonna be huge. 

Other than slower actions, it does nothing yet. When NPC's roll in though, it's gonna be huge. 

what exactly could it do then.

It could alter the the effectiveness of your leadership. It could make you become an undesirable partner to have in the NPCs eyes. It could change the options of what to say to NPCs and the effectiveness of your bartering.

It could alter the the effectiveness of your leadership. It could make you become an undesirable partner to have in the NPCs eyes. It could change the options of what to say to NPCs and the effectiveness of your bartering.

i see the undesirable partner and the effect on chat but how the leadership or bartering. i feel that it wouldn't have as deep of an effect on the others but could you possibly explain further. I would like to hear this very much.

Snippity snip

If you are under stress or sad, often your judgement is clouded. If you are very negative to the others in your group, they might notice this and will grow to dislike you, and maybe even begin disobeying orders. With the whole bartering thing, if you are sad and angry you might be a jerk to the seller and they will refuse to sell to you. Maybe the seller would take advantage of you and give you a bad deal because he sees your desperation. I know that's sort of complicated but I think the whole system is supposed to be pretty in depth.

If you saw a friendly NPC die that could make you sad,angry or even happy depending on how much you liked them.

Back on topic-

I think that things like alcohol and solvent abuse should only provided a temporary state of happiness. After you sober up you could be even more unhappy and then need to do more :P

You could become dependant on it.

If you saw a friendly NPC die that could make you sad,angry or even happy depending on how much you liked them.

Back on topic-

I think that things like alcohol and solvent abuse should only provided a temporary state of happiness. After you sober up you could be even more unhappy and then need to do more :P

You could become dependant on it.

or anti depressants.