... is actually pretty useful for hauling logs.

As it turns out you can transport eight logs in a Big Hiking Bag with room to spare if you bundle them with rope before packing them.  Total carry weight for a single equipped BHB loaded with eight bundled logs is just under five pounds/kilos/weight units as well.

This means that with the Organized trait, sixteen ropes and two BHBs you can transport sixteen logs at once with no other traits taken, no profession taken and no skills invested in.

-Edit-

You can also manage to equip 3 Big Hiking Bags fully loaded with a total of 24 logs if you can manage to get your carry weight to 15.  Obviously you are unable to equip weapons doing this and can't really afford to carry too much spare gear with you, but this is still incredibly useful for transporting large amounts of lumber around.  I didn't think to test this earlier as I never bother equipping 3 bags myself.

Handy dandy picture:

SffnmOW.png

Just thought I would share this useful bit of information.

I did some more testing and discovered that the Organized trait is even better for log transportation than I previously thought.

With the Organized trait, you are able to fit eight logs (two bundles) in even a Normal Hiking Bag.  Without the Organized trait you are unable to fit eight logs in even the Big Hiking Bag.  You can also equip two NHBs with eight logs apiece if you have at least 15 base carry weight.

You can also manage to equip 3 Big Hiking Bags fully loaded with a total of 24 logs if you can manage to get your carry weight to 15.  Obviously you are unable to equip weapons doing this and can't really afford to carry too much spare gear with you, but this is still incredibly useful for transporting large amounts of lumber around.

Here is the character build I came up with to test Organized out, it is also pretty viable for a Survival build if you wish to get into Carpentry:

Log Moving Carpenter Build

Profession - Carpenter

Bad Traits
    High Thirst +6
    Prone to Illness +4
    Hemophobic +3
    Weak Stomach +3

Good Traits
    Outdoorsman -2
    Lucky -4
    Organized -6
    Stout -6

Base Carry Weight: 15

If you take the Strong perk instead of Stout, you can carry even more logs in your main inventory. At Very Well Fed, your carry capacity is at 20.

It doesn't matter, max capacity is always 50 and there is zero penalty for carrying 50 no matter how much over the strength limit it is (other than character being slow)

In all actuality, one could get any number of Big Hiking Bags into his inventory, Take all Logs he can take, equip bag #1 Fill it, unequip it equip bag #2, fill it, unequipt it...... equip bag #50, fill it and haul half the forest to wherever despite going something like couple hundred weight points over limit.

Yay for exploits :S

Edit: That exploit was reported on the tracker many times before, it still works, I just checked just to be sure, if one really wants to it's possible to carry half of Muldraugh in your inventory that way, you'll be super slow but hey... it's possible to do, if it doesn't get fixed it'll make redecorating easy.

If you take the Strong perk instead of Stout, you can carry even more logs in your main inventory. At Very Well Fed, your carry capacity is at 20.

It doesn't matter, max capacity is always 50 and there is zero penalty for carrying 50 no matter how much over the strength limit it is (other than character being slow)

In all actuality, one could get any number of Big Hiking Bags into his inventory, Take all Logs he can take, equip bag #1 Fill it, unequip it equip bag #2, fill it, unequipt it...... equip bag #50, fill it and haul half the forest to wherever despite going something like couple hundred weight points over limit.

Yay for exploits :S

Edit: That exploit was reported on the tracker many times before, it still works, I just checked just to be sure, if one really wants to it's possible to carry half of Muldraugh in your inventory that way, you'll be super slow but hey... it's possible to do, if it doesn't get fixed it'll make redecorating easy.

There was a really long guide in Steam Community about this too! With the author doing all sorts of math on how many bags you can carry and how much weight you can compress etc etc. But yeah, TL;DR is just put bags inside bags inside bags and fill 'em with stuff. ^___^

There was a really long guide in Steam Community about this too! With the author doing all sorts of math on how many bags you can carry and how much weight you can compress etc etc. But yeah, TL;DR is just put bags inside bags inside bags and fill 'em with stuff. ^___^

I once found a corpse in MP that seemed to have the contents of at least 30 houses in his inventory. Guess he educated himself with that one :P

Also, on a side note, there should really be an item flag "CanBePacked = true/false" because some items shouldn't fit into any bag, ever and being able to carry logs, or better yet, log stacks in a hiking bag is just... well, stupid.

True enough, though if the bags aren't equiped, you'll have to factor their weight into all that as well.

Well, if you drop all other item you can have a max of 100 Big Hiking Bags in your inventory all filled with logs or 4 log stacks.

True enough, though if the bags aren't equiped, you'll have to factor their weight into all that as well.

Well, if you drop all other item you can have a max of 100 Big Hiking Bags in your inventory all filled with logs or 4 log stacks.

I'm imagining the scene in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen where Albrecht carries away the Sultan's treasury on his back.