Melee weapons lasting longer + extra

Jonas_Sieni

I think melee weapons should have more durability. (I know there is a post about this)

Because, if you think in IRL how many times your knife or axe brokes after being used 10-30 times... I mean are there really so bad axes or baseball bats or knives which do get broken after being used for a while...

Yeah, I know how weak those kitchen knifes are what you buy and so on... But if you think about hunting knife, should the name already tell that the knife is made to withstand cutting flesh and bones ?

And axes.. I have one in my garage which has been used for 6 years now, and every year I use it to chop down branches and logs, and there has not been done any repair to it, and it has been only sharpened once.

I don't think that person or zombies is much more tougher than a pine tree (correct me if i'm wrong).

Crowbar.. Made 100% from steel... "1.43% Degradation." Yeah... Im just going to leave this here....

Kitchen knife: 50% Degradation, umm "every day i chop some vegetables and my knife just turns into dust" I cri evri tim. Yeah I do understand that the handle breaks down but how about the blade ? Can't you just take a mop and use duct tape to make spear ?

Because it's annoying when the game is not about finding water and food... But about constantly finding a new weapon because previous one broke down...

It's just a game balance thing.

Once you found an axe you would never need another weapon if there was very slow degradation.

I think it might be interesting if you could make a new handle for a broken axe etc. But that might be too useful?

I personally like it when I have to use the crap weapons :D

But smashing zombie head is not like cutting tomato.

Maintenance skill will increase your weapons durability, you can also repair your stuff so a single bat can kill a lot more zeds than you think before you need to find a new one.

Once you found an axe you would never need another weapon if there was very slow degradation.

I think it might be interesting if you could make a new handle for a broken axe etc. But that might be too useful?

Hydrocraft mod allows you to craft axe handles, heads... etc. :D

Hydrocraft mod allows you to craft axe handles, heads... etc. :D

I'm not sure why I haven't tried that mod yet!? :/

But smashing zombie head is not like cutting tomato.

Maintenance skill will increase your weapons durability, you can also repair your stuff so a single bat can kill a lot more zeds than you think before you need to find a new one.

The problem is that a zombie head is not more difficult to crack than a pine log.

The point the op is giving is that the degradation currently implemented is not realistic. Some items should have, like their real life counterpart, imense durability.

This can be balanced by damage output of the weapons and their rarity in the game world.

Also, instead of full durability weapons, the devs could instead add low durability weapons like "Old Axe", "Cracked Axe", "Used Baseball Bat" and etc.