Food and cooking

King jjwpenguin

Now once again I would like to start with a few things before I suggest. First I didn’t steal anyone’s ideas. Second, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this. Third and last of all, I would like to say this is very long so get ready.

This list is, as the title suggests, about food drinks, and different effects from them.

Food items:

·        Roasted seeds

·        Honey glazed bacon

·        Sugar cookies

·        Cottage cheese

·        Brownies

·        Canned chicken noodle soup

·        Raspberry

·        Cucumber

·        Croutons

·        Breadsticks

·        Doughnuts

·        Pudding

·        Sausage

·        Muffins

·        Mussels*

·        Crayfish*

·        Cornbread

·        Rice

·        French fries

·        Meatball

·        Hash browns

·        Gummy candies

·        Meatloaf

·        Banana bread

·        Zucchini bread

·        Cookie dough

·        Biscuits

·        Mashed potatoes

·        Trail mix

·        Raisins

·        Stuffed bell pepper

·        Mac N’ cheese

·        Tangerine

·        Grapefruit

·        Granola bar

·        Chewy candy

·        Oatmeal

·        Toaster tart

·        Dandelion leafs

·        Pine nuts

·        Acorns

·        Box of noodles

·        Kebabs

·        Apple crisps

·        Dried fruit

·        Crackers

·        Shrimp

·        Bacon wrapped shrimp

·        Cheesy broccoli

·        Hot pepper

·        Taffy

·        Chili

·        Chili dog

·        Chili cheese dog

·        Chili fries

·        Fudge

·        Soda float

·        Banana split

·        Quesada

·        Taco

·        Burrito

·        Garlic

·        Grilled onions

·        Grilled bell peppers

·        Grilled zucchini

·        Sloppy joes

·        Twinkies

·        Popsicle

·        Sour candies

·        Hot candies

·        Gum- takes a while to chew but slows hunger while chewing. When swallowed all returns to normal. Takes about 1 hour to swallow before being able to eat other foods. Trying to will immediately stop the chewing process.

·        Fig

·        Plum

·        Pomegranate

·        Prune

·        Date

·        Squash

·        Mushrooms

·        Jar of olives

·        Coconut

·        Pumpkins

·        Smoothies

·        Jams

·        Jellies

·        Nachos

·        Ground beef

·        Sliced ham

·        Sliced turkey

·        Drumstick

·        Coleslaw

·        Artichoke

·        Cantaloupe

·        Peperoni slices

·        Breath mints

·        Egg sandwich

·        Vegetable sandwich

·        Breakfast sandwich

·        Cinnamon buns/rolls

·        Bagels

·        Toast

·        Toasted bagel

·        Plain noodles

·        Garlic bread

·        Cheesy bread

·        Popcorn mix

Drink items:

·        Orange juice

·        Apple juice

·        Tomato juice

·        Ginger ale- helps stop food poisoning and illness

·        Energy drink- this gives an energized Moodle

·        Sports drink-this helps clear fatigue.

·        Protein drink- this helps when trying to improve strength.

·        Can of beer

·        Margareta

·        Sangria

·        Sun tea

·        Lemonade

·        Strawberry lemonade

·        Pink lemonade

·        Moonshine- home brewed shine

·        Iced tea

·        Espresso

·        Apple cider

·        Alcoholic cider

·        Sparkling wine

·        Rum

·        Tequila

·        Martini

·        Mojito

·        Mai tai

·        Cosmopolitan

·        Pine needle tea- relaxes you making you less stressed and anxious.

·        Warm water- heats you up

·        Cool water-cools you down

·        Juice box

·        Sparkling water

·        Cream soda

·        Fruit punch

·        6-Pack- this is like a box of nails but for beer

·        Pina colada

Other items:

·        Gravy

·        Brown sugar

·        Syrup

·        Relish

·        Mayo

·        Tomato sauce

·        Whipped cream

·        Hummus

·        Cinnamon

·        Vanilla

·        Chili powder

·        Rosemary

·        Onion chives

·        Basil

·        Mint

·        Nutmeg

·        Pepper

·        Garlic salt

·        Meat sauce

·        Cheese sauce

·        Cranberry sauce

·        Hot fudge

·        Caramel sauce

·        Honey

·        Agave

·        Alfredo sauce

·        Pizza sauce

·        Meat rub

·        Barbeque sauce

·        Guacamole

·        Salsa

·        Queso dips

·        Cocoa powder

·        Chocolate sauce

·        Fruit punch mix

·        Ice

·        Soy sauce

Cooking tools:

·        Steam cooker- like a microwave but able to be moved. Needs power. It steams food.

·        Blender- this can be moved needs power and is used to making certain drinks.

·        Oven- the stove is there in game but this is just another extension of that for more meals.

·        Spatula- used in grilling for certain foods.

·        Smoker- this is a big machines that needs fuel to smoke food.

·        Deep fryer- this needs power or fuel as well as oil to deep fry items.

·        Freezer- a small part of the fridge that freezes items.

·        Whisk- this is an item used in cooking.

·        Grader- This is used in cooking.

·        Waffle iron- this is used to turn batter in to waffles. It can be moved and needs power.

·        Skillet- used in cooking or a pan like weapons.

·        Strainer- used in cooking.

·        Griddle-used in cooking.

·        Peeler- used in cooking.

·        Sauce pan- used to make sauces.

·        Tongs- used when grilling to avoid burns.

·        Tupperware container- used to preserve foods expiration.

·        Toaster- this is like the waffle iron but toasts things.

·        Bottle opener- a tool to open beer bottles.

·        Cork opener- a tool to open wine bottles.

·        Plate- holds food.

·        Salad bowl- holds salad or more water.

·        Mortar and pestle. Crushing spices for food.

New food mechanics:

·        Smoked- this type of food lasts longer and is cooked in a smoker. Takes a level 2 cooking skill to do so.

·        Grilled- this is made by cooking on grills and can be done at any level.

·        Steamed- this mostly applies to vegetables and some other foods.

·        Dried- this is applied to some meats and a few fruits. This takes a level 3 cooking skill.

·        Charred-this is like burnt but only worse and removes almost all the hunger value of the meal.

·        Fried- this need cooking skill level 2 and you can get burn until you become level 6.

·        Alcohol bonus- This instead makes depression go away and boost happiness to a near max while drunk. It also makes you walk in a zig zag pattern and slightly louder. While drunk however you feel less damage and fatigue slower.

·        The Hungover debuff- This adds some balance to being drunk. When hungover you get queasy, and are in pain until it goes away. You are also slowed and weaker. You also feel major pain when you hear loud noises. Reading becomes a bother and depression comes very quick. Although you don’t seem very hungry.

·        Avoiding Drunk…ness- Being well hydrated will help lessen the hangover and the drunk effect itself. Being well fed also helps to slow it. These are factors to stop it. Speeding it up also is the opposite. Being thirsty makes the hangover worse and being hungry makes becoming drunk quick and soon to be painful.

·        Frozen- this is like the opposite to charred. It takes longer to cook and normally is inedible at this state. Some foods like ice cream, ice, and water, still have uses.

·        Better illness control- this will be touched up better in another post but the general idea is that colds are shortened by having chicken noodle soups, orange juice, oranges, lemons, and stuff like that.

·        Small effects- Things like brain freeze slowing movement and causing pain for a short moment, sour which would make you unable to eat for a moment, spicy which would make you feel pain for a moment and raise your temperature to unpleasantly hot where milk is the only cure and any other liquids make it worse. It could also make you sweat making you slightly wet or having the sweaty effect in my clothing suggestion.

·        Eating properly- now I don’t want to be rude but if I had to eat food with my hands all the time I would be a little bit annoyed or somewhat less happy. So having plates or using a fork could make the player just a little bit happier.

·        Getting used to foods- now I feel if I eat something repeatedly I should gain less happiness from it. This way you can’t eat chips every meal for week after week.

·        Food nutrition- This has been debated so I think I have a happy mix. If you eat only junk for a certain time you get the skill obese until you start to eat healthier. Even if you have the counter trait that trait will be removed after a while. This will prevent this from being a problem.

·        Baking skill- this skill is like cooking bur for pastries, breads, and other things. Reason for difference is for more skill variance since not all cooks can bake.

Now this is just a rough draft of my general ideas but I would like to say this will be updated and more will be added. This doesn’t contain all recipes possibly with these since it has been a pain even making this many things. So some foods may be missing that you want to see. Drop a comment down below and thank you for taking the time to read this over.

* Both syfy and Bennytheowl had helped me come up with 2 ideas in a different suggestion. These items are marked with this star and can be found here.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15479-foraging-in-the-water/

There will be more descriptions of the foods later but this was just the very start. sorry for the long blank list but i will fix it soon. until then suggest on!

* Both syfy and Bennytheowl had helped me come up with 2 ideas in a different suggestion. These items are marked with this star and can be found here.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15479-foraging-in-the-water/

There will be more descriptions of the foods later but this was just the very start. sorry for the long blank list but i will fix it soon. until then suggest on!

Cheers for the mention. I really hope the devs do read all of this, i'd love to have more to the cooking skill and make it feel like it's something that should be invested in and not just completely ignored.

Wow that's alot of ideas :0

it was incomplete but i felt i needed a second thing to post. each food was supposed to have a description, all the numbers and etc. also a few of the mechanics need better details and updates. still its something one of my shorter posts to come.

it was incomplete but i felt i needed a second thing to post. each food was supposed to have a description, all the numbers and etc. also a few of the mechanics need better details and updates. still its something one of my shorter posts to come.

What other ideas do you have? You seem to have thousands.

What other ideas do you have? You seem to have thousands.

that could get its own post. no but on a serious level everything from NPC's (ideas for them) to vehicles, medical things, building, jobs and traits, temperature systems, and much more. in word this post was about 4 pages long and my longest one which isn't finishes is at 10 right now. i have a lot of ideas.

• 8 months later...
On 1/26/2016 at 4:03 AM, Bewiseboys said:

I like your suggestions and want to contribute with some more:

Kool-aid and powder milk could be introduced, in order to prepare them you would just mix them with water.

Also, bags of different nuts could be introduced, they would feed you in a more complete way than just finding some peanuts but as a secondary effect they would cause thirst and/or boredom.

Acai bowls would be cool too, maybe introducing a recipe to be able to cook them, they would be very nutritius but you'd need a good number of ingredients.

Wonderful ideas just i feel kool-aid is copyrighted i think so possibly using a different name may be better. sorry for the late response.