Adding Hydrocraft mod to a server

Sparrow

I'm sure there are lots of posts like this out there, but I am having trouble adding Hydrocraft to a multiplayer server. I have followed all of the steps I've found;

The mod is in my Zomboid/ mods directory as well as my server folder and PZ mods folder.

I added the Mods=Hydrocraft line to my server.ini

What happens is the mod will work on the host server, but if I try to log onto the host server I get an error saying the game files don't match the host, even though I followed all of those steps on both computers.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

The mod isn´t supposed to be in the normal "mods" and "server" folder. You should only put it in the Zomboid/mods folder, because the game loads it from there. Don´t put the mod anywhere else except the Zomboid/mods folder and it should work if all your clients have done the same.

• 4 months later...

I'm sure there are lots of posts like this out there, but I am having trouble adding Hydrocraft to a multiplayer server. I have followed all of the steps I've found;

The mod is in my Zomboid/ mods directory as well as my server folder and PZ mods folder.

I added the Mods=Hydrocraft line to my server.ini

What happens is the mod will work on the host server, but if I try to log onto the host server I get an error saying the game files don't match the host, even though I followed all of those steps on both computers.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Hello! My server is hosted by nitrado. I figured this out:

[bACKUP before delete!]

- Shut down server.

- Delete Hydrocraft (everything on server).

- Copy Hydrocraft to zomboid/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/ (on server).

- Open servertest.ini, add "Mods=Hydrocraft" & "WorkshopItems=498441420" (without ").

- Maybe you need to delete the content of zomboid/profile/zomboid/multiplayer/servertest/

(it's the map, I think). Delete folder users/user/zomboid/multiplayer/serverID_servername (new character will be created).

- Restart server

- Delete steam/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/hydrocraft (on hard disk) <- You deleted the mod from hard disk, so you will see whether hydrocraft works or not by connecting to the server. If it works PZ will ask you to download the mod from the server.

- Connect

BACKUP before delete!

Good luck!

Edit: ...An old thread.

• 4 weeks later...

when you mean "zomboid" what do you mean?

"zomboid" as in Project Zomboid or "zomboid" as in the folder C:\users\Zomboid?

cause I can follow some of the folder directions but when you say zomboid it can mean either in the Zomboid folder in users in the C drive or the Project Zomboid folder that's in the steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid folder.

can you go through the instructions again cause I tried what you said and it doesn't work and the server CMD prompt just crashes cause it can't find the mods. when I didn't have any mods on the server CMD prompt stay on and the regular server worked fine.

just go through it again and make sure it works for the latest patch 33 I think.

Thanks