Plane crash !

Legoland99

When vehicles will be added, it would be really neat to have a plane crash somewhere near the town (in the forest area). It can be civilian, cargo or maybe even military. You could find luggages and crates (civilian,military, or just the usual cargo tipe) there, along with the usual Zed population. ( The place would be like a lottery win, with food crates, and who else knows ^=^

post-23684-0-13384100-1436586255_thumb.j

i know the game will have a radio that can update the player on the situation of the game (( not sure how it works however )) air drops maybe can be called from the radio every lets say once a week if things go bad ... BUT all of this is waaaay to much this is allot off the point of survival who the hell will care about you in the middle of a shit storm to send you cargo from the sky the world is ending you are the last person any other person will think off...

that a side i think a plain crash every 2-3 months off map can be some thing you can loot the plan and dismantle it for things you wont normally find like long range radio rather then this (( all )) chat in the multiplier now

speaking of which why not add some more clothing to the game ? zombies with uniforms so that we know this is a cop and he may have more ammo then the normal Zed or we can take his clothing for a more role-play features ? adding things like flank bests should be nice to and trench coats even head wear caps and hats and what not... how awsome it will be to drive a red old rusty pickup truck with a red and white cap (( sweet home Alabama ~)) with your shot gun and your whisky bottle~LOL the ideas are endless

And airdrops!

Maybe, but who knows, I think that should be implemented sometime later, as we can't see where they will drop !

I wish the helicopter paparazzi would at least drop a crate of chips or something. It's the least they can do for bringing hordes of zeds to your location. :(

Which will be promptly surrounded by hordes of zombies :T

And airdrops!

Maybe, but who knows, I think that should be implemented sometime later, as we can't see where they will drop !

I wish the helicopter paparazzi would at least drop a crate of chips or something. It's the least they can do for bringing hordes of zeds to your location. :(

Which will be promptly surrounded by hordes of zombies :T

hey! zombies like chips too you know.

human brain flavour ofc xD

i know the game will have a radio that can update the player on the situation of the game (( not sure how it works however )) air drops maybe can be called from the radio every lets say once a week if things go bad ... BUT all of this is waaaay to much this is allot off the point of survival who the hell will care about you in the middle of a shit storm to send you cargo from the sky the world is ending you are the last person any other person will think off...

that a side i think a plain crash every 2-3 months off map can be some thing you can loot the plan and dismantle it for things you wont normally find like long range radio rather then this (( all )) chat in the multiplier now

speaking of which why not add some more clothing to the game ? zombies with uniforms so that we know this is a cop and he may have more ammo then the normal Zed or we can take his clothing for a more role-play features ? adding things like flank bests should be nice to and trench coats even head wear caps and hats and what not... how awsome it will be to drive a red old rusty pickup truck with a red and white cap (( sweet home Alabama ~)) with your shot gun and your whisky bottle~LOL the ideas are endless

I think it would be best if airdrops would fall somewhere in a city. I mean, who gives a f*** about a small town when a city has bigger chances of yelding survivors, thus crates. They should be called in on the radio with a message that repeats for a day. That way it would be really cool and realistic.

Man, imagine having a base inside the ruins of a crashed plane. that'd be pretty cool.

That would really be something, as vegetation is taking over :D

^Wear masks please, ski mask for bandit RP and I'm done.

That'd be cool to build/paint something in building like 'survivor inside' so they can know where to drop the airdrop haha

Maybe some armour or leather stuff, like come on ! Sky masks, hockey, cop uniforms or burger outfits would be cool to see. A gas mask or military clothing would be cool also :D 

And airdrops!

i know right !? they come and after bringing you a pile of dead heads they just leave like (( OH so i  see  you have survived let me sing you the song of my people )) and after that they just (( thank you so much for the lovely party but we are must leave safe paths and have fun )) and poof....

I think it would be best if airdrops would fall somewhere in a city. I mean, who gives a f*** about a small town when a city has bigger chances of yelding survivors, thus crates. They should be called in on the radio with a message that repeats for a day. That way it would be really cool and realistic.

Man, imagine having a base inside the ruins of a crashed plane. that'd be pretty cool.

That would really be something, as vegetation is taking over :D

^Wear masks please, ski mask for bandit RP and I'm done.

That'd be cool to build/paint something in building like 'survivor inside' so they can know where to drop the airdrop haha

Maybe some armour or leather stuff, like come on ! Sky masks, hockey, cop uniforms or burger outfits would be cool to see. A gas mask or military clothing would be cool also :D

by the divines YES a gas masks and back packs and coats - rain coats to protect you from the rain to even if we self make them from plastic and trash bags or tenttraps or find them in clothing stores and etc etc

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

an air drop would count as Military Aid, and that particular thing is a Conformed NO

i understand why all of this should happen over a night no time to get together and plan military acts even if its the self defense force 

however we all survives want to look like (( we seen hell and came out of it )) so ripped clothing bandanas hats coats back packs dust  blood  eye patches  knee and elbo covers vests (( and i dont mean tank tops like the ones in the game already )) long hair for males gas masks and a rag of mixed things we can scavenge from military or costumes or outfits and such...imagen how awsome that will be as of right now we all look like we came out of sims 2 dressed alike and look alike with clean clothing and summer or winter wear ... if i wanna survive and feel the impact i need to look like one to (( IRL speaking )) i have most of that on me just in case libya dives in to hell again xD why cant i have it in tthe dam game !? maybe the developers have some more awesome shit for us

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

an air drop would count as Military Aid, and that particular thing is a Conformed NO

i understand why all of this should happen over a night no time to get together and plan military acts even if its the self defense force 

however we all survives want to look like (( we seen hell and came out of it )) so ripped clothing bandanas hats coats back packs dust  blood  eye patches  knee and elbo covers vests (( and i dont mean tank tops like the ones in the game already )) long hair for males gas masks and a rag of mixed things we can scavenge from military or costumes or outfits and such...imagen how awsome that will be as of right now we all look like we came out of sims 2 dressed alike and look alike with clean clothing and summer or winter wear ... if i wanna survive and feel the impact i need to look like one to (( IRL speaking )) i have most of that on me just in case libya dives in to hell again xD why cant i have it in tthe dam game !? maybe the developers have some more awesome shit for us

you completely lost me. honestly, i have no idea what you are saying...sorry.

the link above has many ideas and things the community has asked for over the years.

some the Devs have already decided on and marked as NO, ain't gonna happen.

some are marked as Yes, some as Maybe.

since the area we are in is a quarantined area, the odds of a private or commercial plane flying over a quarantined area are very low, as they would most likely face some pretty stiff penalties from the military and/or the government. so logically, air drops would have to be done by the military, and military aid is a Confirmed NO.

you completely lost me. honestly, i have no idea what you are saying...sorry.

the link above has many ideas and things the community has asked for over the years.

some the Devs have already decided on and marked as NO, ain't gonna happen.

some are marked as Yes, some as Maybe.

since the area we are in is a quarantined area, the odds of a private or commercial plane flying over a quarantined area are very low, as they would most likely face some pretty stiff penalties from the military and/or the government. so logically, air drops would have to be done by the military, and military aid is a Confirmed NO.

i understand why they dont want to add any military element to the game (( EVERY ONE WILL PLAY THE AS THE ARMY HERO OF THE DAY )) which is LAME and air drops should be a NO believe it or not i am an IRL pilot from the royal Jordanian air academy of queen alya  and it takes a hell lot to co-ordinate an air drop

and sorry i kinda drifted off the point after quoting you my bad~

*snip*

I work as a professional pilot in the United States.

I assure you that if there was a real serious threat that is quarantined by the military, then there would be a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) put in place with likely an ADIZ (Air Defense Identification Zone) like what we currently have surrounding Washington DC.

All commercial traffic (domestic and international) would have flight plans assigned that would keep them away from the area. Deviations from those flight plans would be met with military interceptor aircraft. If the flights did not comply with interception procedures...then the result would most likely not be a plane crash, but a scattering of plane parts across a very large area thanks to the military.

We are taught to always comply with interception procedures (these are published and taught ahead of time) or face the consequences of national security. Check your flight restrictions before take-off and monitor the emergency 'guard' frequency.

What most people don't know is that private/personal aircraft often fly with little to no interaction with ATC (Air Traffic Control). Only if they are flying at certain altitudes (typically above 18000ft) or within certain airspace (typically around busier airports) do they legally need to communicate. Fort Knox already does have a restricted airspace around it up to 20,000ft and Louisville has controlled airspace below 4500ft, but it is plausible that a private pilot could have taken off from one of the many surrounding airports without even checking with ATC or the FAA. I don't mean to alarm the flying public, but this happens a lot! Too often. 99.999% of the time nothing bad happens though. I often hear pilots entering flight restrictions and having to confront the military over the 'guard' frequency when flying. Usually, you are asked to immediately deviate and to call a phone number when you land and/or are rarely met with law enforcement on the ground. Usually its a slap on the wrist and occasionally a fine. I can't recall the last time a pilot lost his certificate or had to spend any jail time because of an airspace infraction. I am sure that it has happened, but its not common.

TL:DR it is very plausible that a smaller private aircraft could have inadvertently entered the restricted airspace and since they (speaking honest truth) do not legally need to have a radio on board for that type of flying, they may not be able to communicate with ATC. What would the military's response be? I am taught that it would be deadly force if they felt it was needed/justified for national security.

Again there wouldn't be a typical crashed plane wreckage. It would be blown apart pieces scattered over miles. The downed Malaysian flight in Ukraine was scattered over 4-6 sq miles.

There would not be a crashed airliner or large private jet though.

Small private aircraft broken and scattered across multiple square miles = plausible

Large commercial (or private) aircraft crashed and found mostly in the same area = not plausible

*snip*

I work as a professional pilot in the United States.

I assure you that if there was a real serious threat that is quarantined by the military, then there would be a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) put in place with likely an ADIZ (Air Defense Identification Zone) like what we currently have surrounding Washington DC.

All commercial traffic (domestic and international) would have flight plans assigned that would keep them away from the area. Deviations from those flight plans would be met with military interceptor aircraft. If the flights did not comply with interception procedures...then the result would most likely not be a plane crash, but a scattering of plane parts across a very large area thanks to the military.

We are taught to always comply with interception procedures (these are published and taught ahead of time) or face the consequences of national security. Check your flight restrictions before take-off and monitor the emergency 'guard' frequency.

What most people don't know is that private/personal aircraft often fly with little to no interaction with ATC (Air Traffic Control). Only if they are flying at certain altitudes (typically above 18000ft) or within certain airspace (typically around busier airports) do they legally need to communicate. Fort Knox already does have a restricted airspace around it up to 20,000ft and Louisville has controlled airspace below 4500ft, but it is plausible that a private pilot could have taken off from one of the many surrounding airports without even checking with ATC or the FAA. I don't mean to alarm the flying public, but this happens a lot! Too often. 99.999% of the time nothing bad happens though. I often hear pilots entering flight restrictions and having to confront the military over the 'guard' frequency when flying. Usually, you are asked to immediately deviate and to call a phone number when you land and/or are rarely met with law enforcement on the ground. Usually its a slap on the wrist and occasionally a fine. I can't recall the last time a pilot lost his certificate or had to spend any jail time because of an airspace infraction. I am sure that it has happened, but its not common.

TL:DR it is very plausible that a smaller private aircraft could have inadvertently entered the restricted airspace and since they (speaking honest truth) do not legally need to have a radio on board for that type of flying, they may not be able to communicate with ATC. What would the military's response be? I am taught that it would be deadly force if they felt it was needed/justified for national security.

Again there wouldn't be a typical crashed plane wreckage. It would be blown apart pieces scattered over miles. The downed Malaysian flight in Ukraine was scattered over 4-6 sq miles.

There would not be a crashed airliner or large private jet though.

Small private aircraft broken and scattered across multiple square miles = plausible

Large commercial (or private) aircraft crashed and found mostly in the same area = not plausible

well the odds of multiple planes crashing and being large my be realistic. if multiple planes where leaving in rapid succession to the tame area in the same pattern and where shot down or destroyed repeatedly by some force they could be. not realistic but possible.

*snip*

*snip*

well the odds of multiple planes crashing and being large my be realistic. if multiple planes where leaving in rapid succession to the tame area in the same pattern and where shot down or destroyed repeatedly by some force they could be. not realistic but possible.

No, I'm sorry the scenario you described just wouldn't happen.

Part of my job is planning flights, calculating routes, performance calculations, determining potential hazards en-route (usually just weather, but I have countless times had to plan my flights around military restricted or warning areas), filing flight plans with ATC, communicating with ATC, and complying with every prescribed guideline of the FAA. Then executing the flight.

1. 'Large' aircraft exclusively use jet engines or turboprops (which btw are jet engines with a gearbox reduction to the propeller). Which means they are most efficient at higher altitudes. They wouldn't fly lower than 24000-26000ft unless they absolutely had to. Its just inefficient for time and money. You fly slower and burn more fuel which raises the fuel costs for that flight. What this means is that they will be flying in Class A airspace. That exists between 18000-60000ft in the contiguous United States. ALL aircraft must be IFR which means they must be on an assigned flight plan and in communication with ATC at all times. ATC would not assign the route and if they had, they would issue an amended flight plan to alter your course.
  2. If the military did quarantine the area around Fort Knox and Louisville, one of the first things they would do is ground all flights either arriving or departing the area. After 9/11 there was a nationwide ban on all flights. Not a single airliner left the ground. No one would be allowed to land or takeoff in the Louisville area. If anyone attempted to depart or arrive they would be ordered to deviate. If they did not comply, again the missile and the wreckage over a very large area. Especially if it was a departing aircraft full of fuel *boom* and burn.
  3. Hypothetically, lets say all flights at local airports weren't grounded (wouldn't happen in a quarantine though) and multiple aircraft departed from Louisville, Lexington, or Cincinnati (the 3 mid-large airports in the relative area) and were all following the same departure procedure which kept them in the same pattern as the aircraft ahead of them. Once one of those aircraft exploded, every other aircraft would immediately deviate. I will admit seeing aircraft aloft is sometimes difficult because of the high speed and angles of convergence, but explosions are not hard to see, day or night. While I have never flown in combat, I have seen a lot of meteorites detonate in the sky, you don't miss those. I have also seen a lot of war footage. Missiles hitting objects and exploding looks a lot like meteorites exploding. Just the tail of the streak usually comes from a different direction with missiles :) Maybe the military shot down the last aircraft first so that the lead aircraft didn't notice. This way the military could kill more innocent people of its own nation just because they flew over something they wouldn't be able to see or understand anyways?
  4. Again the missile thing and departing aircraft being full of thousands of pounds of jet fuel. *boom*. Not a controlled crash with the wreckage in the same place. Maybe some chunks here and there. Between the explosion, the fire, and the aerodynamic forces now ripping apart the suddenly not very aerodynamic remains of the plane, the parts would be everywhere.

The only way I will buy this argument of having a crashed and mostly intact commercial airliner is that there was a good old fashioned regular (mechanical or pilot error) crash of the plane when it was arriving into Louisville and was nearly out of fuel.

Zombie on board a departing flight and caused the plane to crash? Again the full of jet fuel thing. Wouldn't be much left after the fire.

PS We have to inform the FAA when filing flight plans how much fuel we have on board. There's two reasons for this.

1. They need to know how much they can reroute us if they needed to.
  2. How big of a fire do they need to expect to deal with if something goes wrong.

*snip*

*snip*

No, I'm sorry the scenario you described just wouldn't happen.

Part of my job is planning flights, calculating routes, performance calculations, determining potential hazards en-route (usually just weather, but I have countless times had to plan my flights around military restricted or warning areas), filing flight plans with ATC, communicating with ATC, and complying with every prescribed guideline of the FAA. Then executing the flight.

1. 'Large' aircraft exclusively use jet engines or turboprops (which btw are jet engines with a gearbox reduction to the propeller). Which means they are most efficient at higher altitudes. They wouldn't fly lower than 24000-26000ft unless they absolutely had to. Its just inefficient for time and money. You fly slower and burn more fuel which raises the fuel costs for that flight. What this means is that they will be flying in Class A airspace. That exists between 18000-60000ft in the contiguous United States. ALL aircraft must be IFR which means they must be on an assigned flight plan and in communication with ATC at all times. ATC would not assign the route and if they had, they would issue an amended flight plan to alter your course.
  2. If the military did quarantine the area around Fort Knox and Louisville, one of the first things they would do is ground all flights either arriving or departing the area. After 9/11 there was a nationwide ban on all flights. Not a single airliner left the ground. No one would be allowed to land or takeoff in the Louisville area. If anyone attempted to depart or arrive they would be ordered to deviate. If they did not comply, again the missile and the wreckage over a very large area. Especially if it was a departing aircraft full of fuel *boom* and burn.
  3. Hypothetically, lets say all flights at local airports weren't grounded (wouldn't happen in a quarantine though) and multiple aircraft departed from Louisville, Lexington, or Cincinnati (the 3 mid-large airports in the relative area) and were all following the same departure procedure which kept them in the same pattern as the aircraft ahead of them. Once one of those aircraft exploded, every other aircraft would immediately deviate. I will admit seeing aircraft aloft is sometimes difficult because of the high speed and angles of convergence, but explosions are not hard to see, day or night. While I have never flown in combat, I have seen a lot of meteorites detonate in the sky, you don't miss those. I have also seen a lot of war footage. Missiles hitting objects and exploding looks a lot like meteorites exploding. Just the tail of the streak usually comes from a different direction with missiles :) Maybe the military shot down the last aircraft first so that the lead aircraft didn't notice. This way the military could kill more innocent people of its own nation just because they flew over something they wouldn't be able to see or understand anyways?
  4. Again the missile thing and departing aircraft being full of thousands of pounds of jet fuel. *boom*. Not a controlled crash with the wreckage in the same place. Maybe some chunks here and there. Between the explosion, the fire, and the aerodynamic forces now ripping apart the suddenly not very aerodynamic remains of the plane, the parts would be everywhere.

The only way I will buy this argument of having a crashed and mostly intact commercial airliner is that there was a good old fashioned regular (mechanical or pilot error) crash of the plane when it was arriving into Louisville and was nearly out of fuel.

Zombie on board a departing flight and caused the plane to crash? Again the full of jet fuel thing. Wouldn't be much left after the fire.

im not saying that it would happen but its not entirely impossible. just very very unlikely and would have to be planned. and even then there would be no real gain to the whole thing. im just saying its not entirely impossible. multiple can crash in the same area but the odds are stupidly slim. plus i still wouldn't want to see this but the odds are there.

Anyway, planes crashing would have happened within the initial 24-48 hours (maybe even 3-4 days) after the spread, when people were still trying to "evacuate" somewhere safer and would have crashed from them not knowing if some of their passengers are infected or not or if some stowed away and then got out after they turned. After that, airports would have become dead zones (like... full of dead people), and if there are any military installations out there (or government), they would/could soon become overrun.

Well based on the game, helicopters are still present and fly over you from time to time so, there might be airports or military somewhere... or a surviving news crew? O__O

I just sniffed some cleaning solution I found under the sink while looting so I don't know what I'm talking about...

EDIT: Some stuff...

I am so against air drops, but from playing Rouge Survivor which reminds me a LOT of PZ, where the military would call a air drop of food for their troops.

I can imagine that could happen for some time before shit hits the fan outside Knox, but we dont even know how bad shit is outside the big city quarantine.

Something along the lines of having a system where you need to know the frequency of the military (by stealing a miltar radio from a dead militar NPC who dropped into the city?)  but we dont even know how are the military going to be handle in the game yet.

Also finding a comercial airplane broken in two pieces because of a crash is very very unlikely since the zombies are the most obvious cause of the crash, it would be a plain out dive down into the ground kind of crash, the ones that explodes everything with the fuel.