Cleaning up corpses safely !

Basixx

Question

15 answers to this question

Any idea on how to clean up corpses without having to burn down the town? Don't enjoy the idea of having to burn them and the planet all in one go :)

Bleach?

You can also "carry" corpses and drop them off somewhere... what I do is drop them off in an intersection, add a little gasoline, light a matchstick/lighter and you got yourself a bonfire...

Now dance around it for you have triumphed!! O__O

You can also "carry" corpses and drop them off somewhere... what I do is drop them off in an intersection, add a little gasoline, light a matchstick/lighter and you got yourself a bonfire...

Yes, it will only take a few hundred years to accomplish carrying them all into one spot for disposal.

Or get the mod that FlashFire made, get a shovel and "bury" them (Read: Disappear them) it's really the only good way to deal with xtreme numbers of corpses without leaving piles of annoying ash everywhere atm.

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv1cz0oq9fvnhlk/BuryCorpsesENG.rar?dl=0

I made this awhile ago, it shouldn't have issues with the lastest build, If it does, please let me know.

You basically just need a shovel (spade) and click on the body to have the context menu option.

I'm not really a modder, so don't judge the code x) I hope it's stable.

Edit : You can bury everywhere, even in buildings... I wanted it to be only on grass, but i haven't figured out how.

Any idea on how to clean up corpses without having to burn down the town? Don't enjoy the idea of having to burn them and the planet all in one go :)

Bleach?

Now dance around it for you have triumphed!! O__O

That is a possibility but I play on high zombie count and I'm not that good at the game :D literally moving all those bodies to a quiet place would be time consuming, and I have bad past experiences with burning corpses ....

Yes, it will only take a few hundred years to accomplish carrying them all into one spot for disposal.

A slight drawback, nothing more... O__O

If you could only make carrying bodies not as cumbersome... or maybe chop them up and carry them piece-by-piece...

Or melt them with bleach... glorious, glorious bleach...

I think someone coded a small bit to remove all the corpses. But I can't find who / where and I think it was to be used server-side for MP games. I don't know about a SP use but I wouldn't be surprised if someone had already modded this.

Or get the mod that FlashFire made, get a shovel and "bury" them (Read: Disappear them) it's really the only good way to deal with xtreme numbers of corpses without leaving piles of annoying ash everywhere atm.

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv1cz0oq9fvnhlk/BuryCorpsesENG.rar?dl=0

I made this awhile ago, it shouldn't have issues with the lastest build, If it does, please let me know.

You basically just need a shovel (spade) and click on the body to have the context menu option.

I'm not really a modder, so don't judge the code x) I hope it's stable.

Edit : You can bury everywhere, even in buildings... I wanted it to be only on grass, but i haven't figured out how.

Sounds like it works I shall try it and see thanks!  But I will have problems finding a shovel to begin with. It would be (A) annoying not being able to find one and (B) very very very very very very dangerous :P

Sounds like it works I shall try it and see thanks!  But I will have problems finding a shovel to begin with. It would be (A) annoying not being able to find one and (B) very very very very very very dangerous :P

Get NecroForge and spawn yourself one then, it's always an option, a cheat, sure, but an option still. The item itself IS rare like hell and only seems to exist in warehouses with a ridiculously low spawn rate (I've seen maybe 20 shovels total in my SP PZ experience to date)

Also, on a side not, if you carry corpses and drop them over a camp fire and then light that camp fire, corpses will burn and fire will not spread to surronding tiles (At least it never did for me and I burned thousands of corpses that way [No joke, thousands])

But they are rotting dead bodies? in theory they should have little to no water in their bodies leaving dry flesh and bones, in my mind zombies should be more flammable than a live person :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:

But they are rotting dead bodies? in theory they should have little to no water in their bodies leaving dry flesh and bones, in my mind zombies should be more flammable than a live person :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:  :geek:

People die if set on fire pretty fast but it's not so much from tissue damage as it is from suffocation as lungs don't like extreme heat. It would actually take awhile for fire to damage muscle tissue. Zombies pretty much don't give a shit about breathing so they can burn "alive" for a while.

And well, I always liked to assume that zombies are not completely dry mass of flesh as that wouldn't work out for them at all.

Edit: But I will say that the time it takes for zombies to start dying from being on fire is somewhat silly atm.

I usually take care of them as soon as I can, so that there is no huge pile of corpses in front of my house. Though, I don't attack big hordes. What I use is a mod that allow the bodies as fuel. Makes firecamps last much longer without wasting wood.