Clear items on the ground.

ricky

Good recommendation for a player in single-player but i'm talking about a server i am running.

Players will clear all the shelves and throw everything on the ground to make more loot spawn in.

I am now working on something to fix this for my server, but i hope the Devs could add this to the game to fix it across all servers.

As it is now it potentially ruins the experience for new characters when there is loot everywhere in the big warehouses/stores, even when the server is set to rare loot.

Can we have the same cleanup script used for zombies applied to items on the ground also?

I'm seeing way to many people looting stores, throwing everything on the ground and waiting for the loot to fill up again.

-Thanks for your time.

Hah, yeah, I once saw the entire parking lot filled with Bags of Cement. But then again, a lot of people put stuff on the ground behind a bush to hide it from other players.

Maybe something for the admins so they're able to mark certain buildings so the area around them and inside them will clear up periodically.

Can we have the same cleanup script used for zombies applied to items on the ground also?

I'm seeing way to many people looting stores, throwing everything on the ground and waiting for the loot to fill up again.

-Thanks for your time.

Hah, yeah, I once saw the entire parking lot filled with Bags of Cement. But then again, a lot of people put stuff on the ground behind a bush to hide it from other players.

Maybe something for the admins so they're able to mark certain buildings so the area around them and inside them will clear up periodically.

this needs to happen. its perfect since build 33 may have some server stuff with it (assuming they are still talking about multiplayer things.)

I just spent 36 hour straight to come up with something, D: but it's not perfect. It will reset each store in the game and leave everything outside them intact upon restarts. Which will also fix a broken down gunshop, shop windows, mall stairs and sorts. I'm not sure if soft resets still work but they was always buggy and I've not heard anything about them working recently. I Hope the Devs add an item cleanup to the game at some point and player structures decay, So we no longer have to hard reset the world.

I just spent 36 hour straight to come up with something, D: but it's not perfect. It will reset each store in the game and leave everything outside them intact upon restarts. Which will also fix a broken down gunshop, shop windows, mall stairs and sorts. I'm not sure if soft resets still work but they was always buggy and I've not heard anything about them working recently. I Hope the Devs add an item cleanup to the game at some point and player structures decay, So we no longer have to hard reset the world.

well what if someones base was in a shop?

Then nobody can enter and loot that store and people complain, Like the gunshop, It's forbidden to claim anything but residential houses on our server. :)

well thats your server. plus i think its fair if people claim it because they got there first and set everything up themselves dispute it being a high risk of people and zombie interactions. Still its not my server but for the rest who don't follow that rule it should be set to clear outside or all. modding is also another option.

Yep i do agree and i would rather not have to create silly rules, but hosting for a year and half now, I've had many angry people messaging me over the duration, so i like to keep our server running fresh without wipes for as-long as possible, It seem to go down good with our players anyhow.

Yep i do agree and i would rather not have to create silly rules, but hosting for a year and half now, I've had many angry people messaging me over the duration, so i like to keep our server running fresh without wipes for as-long as possible, It seem to go down good with our players anyhow.

not trying to be rude but that is just your server. again something for the whole community that can be changed per server would be better in my opinion. still i see your point as a server host.