Musical tastes

Ironfist56

How's it going dudes, Just wondering what kinda music you dudes like, get a bit of a discussion going you know. 

I'll start, I obviously like Grunge and metal etc etc, as you can Probably tell from my picture and the way I speak.

Favourite bands are

• Nirvana
  • Disturbed
  • Motorhead
  • Muse
  • Rammstein
  • Tenacious D

But I will listen to most kinds of music, I love 'Hey Ya' by outkast hahah

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Tenacious D are really awesome...

I love every thing Jack Black's doing..

I also LOVE Jack White...

And now they have to make a band "Black & White" or whatever, and they'll conquer the entire world...

Erm, for the OP :

• Almost all kind of Delta Blues (RJ my favourite, but Son House, Robert Pete Williams are awesome dudes too)
  • Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix...)
  • Some 90's east coast hip-hop (Wu-tang, Big L..)
  • JACK WHITE (everything he's doing... :D)

I listened to system of a down when I had a really bad headache and cold, for whatever reason it cured me of my headache

I'm not a hardcore listener, I love Rock, but still not harcore

I guess my taste has become totally watered-down over time. Five years ago I probably was a "metalhead". Pretty much everything I listened to was heavy, black, thrash, whatever metal (except death metal!). Mostly rather extreme stuff. Now let me list my favorite artists as of today:

• Metallica (yeah, still kind of metal)
  • Heinz Rudolf Kunze (German pop music with some of the best and most sarcastic lyrics ever)
  • Samsas Traum (wild mixture of electronic, neo classical, metal, theater and more... also with German lyrics)
  • Tom Waits (you have to know him, right?)

Besides that some of the more ambitious metal and rock stuff remained: Blind Guardian, Dimmu Borgir, Luca Turilli, Avenged Sevenfold, Iced Earth. I also was quite a fan of My Chemical Romance, but they split recently. :(

I'd say my biggest love is hardcore music (maybe because I had my own band some years ago^^):

... but I'm generally open to a lot of genres. Two days ago I've bought an album of an (hipster) alternative band called Alt-J which I really dig.

Also: Mr. Johnny Cash ladies and gentlemen!

My musical tastes are all over the place. One week I'll be on a Rap spree, maybe for a month I can't get enough Chiptune. 

Lately though I can't get enough Future Islands.

Future Islands are awesome too!

Daft Punk, Phoenix, Justice, Kavinsky, Aphex Twin, Ch!nch!lla, Queen, Radiohead, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, OFWGKTA - I could go on for a long time. My music collection is currently at 20000ish tracks.

I'm a big fan of alt metal like SOAD and Neue Deutsche Harte (sorry to any germans reading, my grammar is terrible) like Rammstein, but to be honest I like all kinds of music. My Greatest Hits of Frank Sinatra is sitting right next to my Fort Minor CD so... yup.

You remind me of me. I try not to let my Dvořák touch my hard rock though... it just seems wrong.

Mainly rock and metal. I love bands like Linkin Park, Bring me the horizon, Avenged sevenfold, Paramore and Rammstein. I dont mind most other genres but I cant stand a lot of todays RnB, rap or pop music. Chart music in general just makes me want to bash my face against a wall.

I'm in love with this song in particular. :wub:

Mainly rock and metal. I love bands like Linkin Park, Bring me the horizon, Avenged sevenfold, Paramore and Rammstein. I dont mind most other genres but I cant stand a lot of todays RnB, rap or pop music. Chart music in general just makes me want to bash my face against a wall.

I'm in love with this song in particular. :wub:

Linkin' park eh? Good choice of band.

i have 20+ dubstep songs in my roster.

Strange how dubstep remixes often sound better than original dubstep songs...