Vehicles, items and ideas for them ! (important)

Legoland99

Hello, kind of new here c:

( I'm not whining, just a big fan )

I think the game should have a mechanic skill added, so you could scavenge parts from broken down cars in order to repair a car that you want to use. As you level up on your mechanic skill, you can repair better cars ( level 0 - bicycle; level 1- small motorbike; level 2 - subcompact car; etc ) as they will all have stats, like fuel capacity, consumption, noise etc. 

Some examples of cars from the smalles to the biggest:

http://www.carsonelove.com/uploads/2014/01/Car-Body-Types-1.jpg

Of course not all cars should be functional, most of them should be broken beyond repair and you could only scavenge them for supplies, weapons, gas and parts. I think some of them should be unlocked, like in a real life crysis, while others should be locked and you'd have to break a window to get in, the only danger being the alarm system (if they have one). 

Once your finnish your car, you can have the option to reinforce it with metal sheets and a blowtorch (found in warehouses, vehicles, gas stations, garages etc), and you could even add defensive items like spikes or a snow plow maybe :???: Anyway, I hope at least some of these ideas can be added ^^ Keep up the good work, it's paying off.

First I'll point you to the obvious: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ (it says "read before posting" for a reason ;) )

Cars are very much planned as is a mechanic skill as far as I'm aware of! I like the example pic, although I don't know if we'll get that much variation between different sizes... I'd personally like to drive a truck in pz as I'm a truck driver myself. Also school buses would be cool. :P But as I said, I'm sure that the devs have already thought of such ideas and have something mapped out for the future.

Second, welcome to the forums!! We're glad to have ya with us!! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

First I'll point you to the obvious: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ (it says "read before posting" for a reason ;) )

Cars are very much planned as is a mechanic skill as far as I'm aware of! I like the example pic, although I don't know if we'll get that much variation between different sizes... I'd personally like to drive a truck in pz as I'm a truck driver myself. Also school buses would be cool. :P But as I said, I'm sure that the devs have already thought of such ideas and have something mapped out for the future.

Second, welcome to the forums!! We're glad to have ya with us!! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

Yep, they ll release cars and mechanical skills =)

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

its not 100% confirmed since no ETA's or guaranteed things but its very likely. 

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

bad Penguin.

that's how rumors get started that lead to more confusion, saying something like that.

they will be ready when they are ready, and not a second before then.

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

bad Penguin.

that's how rumors get started that lead to more confusion, saying something like that.

well its better than saying they'll release car and mechanic skills. i just said its likely but not 100%. i feel i said nothing wrong here. Still lets not fight on forums and just continue with our days and try to help the forums grow and expand. its wonderful to see idea after idea and i would hate to be in the way of it.

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

bad Penguin.

well its better than saying they'll release car and mechanic skills. i just said its likely but not 100%. i feel i said nothing wrong here. Still lets not fight on forums and just continue with our days and try to help the forums grow and expand. its wonderful to see idea after idea and i would hate to be in the way of it.

I saw some cars models already =)

Intense

Also Npc´s

I hope in September 

bad Penguin.

I saw some cars models already =)

Intense

could be a mod. pretty sure its a mod.

• 4 weeks later...

The idea of zombies inside, or underneath the car would be excellent, especially if the windows of cars function like house windows. If you could only see in when facing the car door it would be great in a tense moment. Do you risk being grabbed to check for unwanted passengers, or just hop in and floor it, dealing with any extras after. Great ideas Narwhal and Penguin :)

The idea of zombies inside, or underneath the car would be excellent, especially if the windows of cars function like house windows. If you could only see in when facing the car door it would be great in a tense moment. Do you risk being grabbed to check for unwanted passengers, or just hop in and floor it, dealing with any extras after. Great ideas Narwhal and Penguin :)

feel free to give the credit to narwhal. i have my own ideas that expand way beyond the fabric of space and time. and by that i mean a really long document in word i will post sooner or later.