Everyone's Infected?

miked79

A bit conflicting statements here. I had that setting in my server, and NO "zombification" whatsoever. Bites only caused bleeding and we only encountered normal infections.

Everyone's infected = you only turn into a zombie if you die. If you tend your wounds correctly you're fine, as you can't get the zombie infection and it can't kill you since all are already infected.

A bit conflicting statements here. I had that setting in my server, and NO "zombification" whatsoever. Bites only caused bleeding and we only encountered normal infections.

Everyone's infected = you only turn into a zombie if you die. If you tend your wounds correctly you're fine, as you can't get the zombie infection and it can't kill you since all are already infected.

Isn't that tied to Infection Mortality rather than Infection Method setting? If it's Never than no one will die from infection even if they have it.

Everyone's infected = you only turn into a zombie if you die. If you tend your wounds correctly you're fine, as you can't get the zombie infection and it can't kill you since all are already infected.

Isn't that tied to Infection Mortality rather than Infection Method setting? If it's Never than no one will die from infection even if they have it.

There's no "none" setting in the infection mortality - it's between "instant" to "weeks".

But now that you mentioned it, I have to admit that "Infection transmission" --> "everyone's infected" and "none"... I'm not too sure which setting I had! I thought it was "everyone's infected"...

Scissorman was here <3

There is a "Never" option for Infection Mortality. I just ran the game and checked.

I used to play with it  (Everyone's Infected with Never)back in Build 30 a lot because I watched TWD alot.

Edit: Posted too soon, I used that option and I still died of infection, but back then a whole lot of zombie lore options didn't work right until RJ fixed them, for which I owe him a beer, and I was always afraid that if infection mortality was anything other than "Never" I'd just die in a week.

Everyone's Infected (If I understand it correctly) applies the Zombie Infection: True to anyone that dies in any way so they reanimate. Getting bitten gives the infection in a normal way, you die and reanimate.

Edit 2: Then again, I didn't play around with Zombie Lore options much lately other than having runners that open doors and windows so it might be broken or not work right.

The only one I know for certain is the "zombie transmission --> none".  I use that when trying to build my mega-base in sandbox.  I've been bit, scratched, clawed, punctured, licked, and in one unfortunate instance had my leg violated by a rather frisky zombie in heat.  Not once did I ever turn, you just patch yourself up and maybe tend to a normal "vanilla" infection that a bottle of disinfectant can clear up.  The most deadly thing to me right now is just falling off my 4 story self-built structure, mostly due to forgetting to put up walls or fat-fingering the wrong key when walking on catwalks.

Archived