Banjo

With a shotgun that's a shot that's fairly easy to make (assuming the right shot), even with a tight choke. Thus the advantage of shotguns over rifles. The unrealistic part is it killing a dozen zombies with one shot XD

If they ever introduce loading supplies, we can just use dimes for "lead".  This would give purpose to the money... that we dont see :)

I can see buttstroking when you are out of ammo, in a bid of despiration.  But I would also like the option of sneaking up on a zombie and caving his head in from behind, then finishing him off (foot stomp, stock smash, whatever).  This gives me the option of pulling the trigger OR using the weapon as a club.

I do believe that using a firearm as a club should increase the wear of the weapon.  While I think a oak buttstock could be as sturdy as a bat, I think there needs to be a balance between versatility and use (like the axe).

I'd say make the melee attack, be it butt-stroke, barrel-in-the-mouth (boom), or bayonet just be another key you hold down.

Say, hold down Alt while reading to attack, then click to melee (Ctrl+Alt+LMB = Splat)

I think a better, albeit likely a pain to code, method would be to use the RMB and Ctrl at once. I tend to hold down Ctrl to sneak and charge attacks, barely using the RMB. I'm sure there's people who are the same, or use the RMB for everything. Just make it that 'double priming' an attack uses the secondary attack function.

So, it would work as follows:

1) Hold Ctrl, then click and hold down RMB, click LMB to melee

2) Hold RMB, then press and hold Ctrl, click LMB to melee

Boom. No extra keys need to be bound, and you can please the people who prefer Ctrl or RMB over the other as their primary method of attack :P

Does middle mouse do anything? That could work.

Except for people with trackpads. Having 3 part keybinds is really awkward, too. In my serious gaming phase I had triple keybinds to most of the keys on my keyboard (via modifiers) and even playing at a nearly pro level (talent wise, no money involved XD) it was hard for me to do them sometimes. They're hard on the hands.

No sense responding to him at this point, he's been banned (on both accounts). He was only here to flame.

He wasn't even a very good troll! Maybe he thought that he wouldn't get banned so fast. 

Paint skills were shiet too.