System for locked houses/containers

Dr_Cox1911

A slightly more realistic approach to the claiming system.

We already have keys for doors and padlocks for containers, so why not doing it this way:

• Container has padlock => can´t be destroyed until padlock is removed
  • Ability to barricade windows from either side, you can only remove barricades from the side they are built, you can still chop them down
  • Ability to lock windows from the inside

I think pretty much all of the points would be rather easy to implement (don´t know about the barricading) and would still provide safety for your safehouse in a slightly more realistic way.

Yeah, a bit more realistic approach to the locking system. I think the current safehouse system for Multiplayer works well, but I do like this one... especially when the NPC's make an appearance. 

well you can still break containers with locks, you just wont get a unlocked lock.

That´s part of the suggestion, so that you can´t destroy a container with a lock.

i understand but if you have a lock its not indestructible so in game it shouldn't be. i just say don't get the lock back.

I know that a lock or container isn´t indestructable in real live, but that´s the point of this suggestion. As of right now, it´s already so that you can destroy a locked container and get the stuff inside, unless you activate the rather unrealistic claim safehouse system so noone can loot your containers. But the current claim system is way to unrealistic to me, so I suggest a slightly more realistic approach.

My suggestion isn´t there to make the locks more realistic, instead it should be an alternative to the claim system. The lock it self can still be opened by other players if they have the key, they just won´t be able too avoid the whole lock by smashing down the container.

As I said, I know that this isn´t realistic, but IMO a way better gameplaymechanic than the claim system, which magically creates a border no uninvited player can pass. 

There could be the option to hide items in containers. It's not very realistic but could work. Basically if you chose to hide the item it takes longer to put in and take out of the box. There is only a small/limited amount of space for hiding things in each container. Only the player or allowed friends can find the hidden loot.

It could be that you can only hide loot in a container you built. Also there could be an option to build a crate with a secret compartment.

I know that a lock or container isn´t indestructable in real live, but that´s the point of this suggestion. As of right now, it´s already so that you can destroy a locked container and get the stuff inside, unless you activate the rather unrealistic claim safehouse system so noone can loot your containers. But the current claim system is way to unrealistic to me, so I suggest a slightly more realistic approach.

My suggestion isn´t there to make the locks more realistic, instead it should be an alternative to the claim system. The lock it self can still be opened by other players if they have the key, they just won´t be able too avoid the whole lock by smashing down the container.

As I said, I know that this isn´t realistic, but IMO a way better gameplaymechanic than the claim system, which magically creates a border no uninvited player can pass. 

sorry i thought you where saying they are destroy-able and you want them indestructible. my mistake.