Is it possible to assign the action of hopping a fence to another hotkey?

willow512

The amount of times I have lost characters because they decided to jump over a railing to their death or invalidity while I attempted to open a door or climb down a sheet rope is staggering.

If you think about it, this is neither a game mechanic, nor is it a logical for a character to just jump to their deaths.  It'd be annoying if you ended up a floor below but at the very least you end up with a broken leg. (Even when not carrying cargo)

This might be considered a bit of an interface bug. In the sense that the interface doesn't account for my apparent inability to learn not to ever use the 'e' key... In spite of heavy punishment by the game.

Is it possible to assign the action of hopping a fence to another hotkey? 

Alternatively, when jumping down only one floor, let the weight the player carries determine the chance of a sprained ankle or a broken leg. When I was a kid I frequently jumped down heights like that. Admittedly I can't do it now without being punished for it, but there's a good chance I won't break a leg.

This reminds me. Barricade the fence and you will no longer jump it.

Oh, I know, I keep fences barricaded around my sheet ropes, doesn't really change the fact that it's possible to commit a suicide by accident. I think that's a waste if resources anyway, zombies can hop barricaded fences just fine.