Dynamic changes based on a characers situation

LewisDTC

So, a long while back when I had just started playing zomboid, my character was significantly dehydrated. I glanced at a bottle of bleach and saw the huge amount that it would quench his thirst by. It was tempting - it didn't seem like it would have any downsides, if I didn't know what bleach was of course.

Which got me thinking the other day: could things change based on a characters state? As they are deprived the of certain things they start to become delerious and see things differently.

Let's say Jimmy is looking at a rotten, uncooked rat. It restores +10 hunger and makes him unhappy by 50 points - who would want to eat that?! There's also a note saying it might make him sick - that's obviously a safe assumption.

But now let's say Jimmy returns a few days later. He's starving, he's Injured and he's desperate to get a meal inside him... but all he can find is the same rotten rat. Looking at it now, it sure looks more tempting to someone in Jimmy's situation. Looking at it now, it looks like it would restore say, 25 hunger! It would only make him a LITTLE unhappy and there's no more about sickness!

Of course, this isn't correct. It's still just a rat. He's still going to be hungry after eating it and its probably still going to make him very ill. The rat just LOOKS more appealing to a starving character.

I don't know - just an idea that was rattling around in my head. Thoughts?

This wouldn't be a great idea because it would mislead the players into wrong information. Another idea would be removing the unhappiness because he is now happy that he got to actually eat and not dying to starvation. But some people would still be unhappy because they have nothing else to eat except the damn rat.