Can't change zombie settings on a server?

Tproffitt

After the 32 update, the server me and my two friends play on got the zombies respawned as expected, but we had our zombie settings down to low count, kept it urban focused, and a few other settings. The numbers we had after the update seemed out of scale as suddenly our safehouse had hundreds of zeds pour out of the woods after us when we decided to try clearing them out again, when only about 80-100 showed up to all of our shooting before 32.

With the new 32 management system our server still had the old settings file, but seemingly no way of changing the new settings. I read in the patch notes mentioned a zombies.ini file, but we could not find that anywhere. We just want to know how we can check all of our settings and zombie settings for the server and maybe change them unless we need to start a new one to lose what I assume is the default settings.

since iam toying around with a server lately and folks around here helped me alot i can give you the gist :)

basecally its pretty simple ;)

besides "servertest.ini" you also need the file "servertest_SandboxVars.lua"
this file is located in the same folder than "servertest.ini" ... (zomboid -> server)

that file allows you to change all the values you want like you can do for singleplayer when you play a custom game

there is just one little "trap" if you want enable "LootRespawn"
you must set the value at 2 to enable it ... 1 = disable (this option is located in the mighty servertest_SandboxVars.lua file ;) )

there is also a handy tool in your steam folder called "PZServerSettings" that allows you to create a sandboxVars file with just a few clicks
(steam -> steamApps -> common -> project zomboid ... and there it is "PZServerSettings")

you should totally check it out ... it helpes alot to get the values right :) ... but its basically 1 = first setting if you would choose stuff for singleplayer ... 2 = 2nd option ... etc etc

i hope this helps :) ... have fun playing zomboid

edit: this is the tread where people explained stuff to me ... give it a read and you should be settled ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15339-bring-back-water-electricity/

• 2 weeks later...