Renaming more items.

LewisDTC

Hi folks! Long time lurker, I have finally managed to make an account to post here.

I'm wondering if this might be better served as a mod than as a game feature, but it would probably be fairly easy to implement since the functionality is already in the game in the form of bags and food.

Would it be possible to add the ability to name things to more items? Mostly for RP value I guess - there have been times that I've wanted to name weapons and things. Maybe give a name to my modified pistol, label my trusty spiked bad as 'Old Faithful' or call a can of dog food 'Emergency Rations' to make me feel a little better about eating them.

It probably wouldn't change gameplay much - maybe make it easier to spot a specific item in a stack - but it is something that I've wanted to do for a while.

Any thoughts?

Precisely. I like to think it would make the game harder in some small way: by making things more personal to a player you make them act in irrational ways. Maybe your favourite spiffo is called Dave - sure you can find another and call him that, but deep down you know if won't be the same Dave you loved...

Huh... that horde between me and Dave doesn't seem TOO huge and ominous...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks! Long time lurker, I have finally managed to make an account to post here.

I'm wondering if this might be better served as a mod than as a game feature, but it would probably be fairly easy to implement since the functionality is already in the game in the form of bags and food.

Would it be possible to add the ability to name things to more items? Mostly for RP value I guess - there have been times that I've wanted to name weapons and things. Maybe give a name to my modified pistol, label my trusty spiked bad as 'Old Faithful' or call a can of dog food 'Emergency Rations' to make me feel a little better about eating them.

It probably wouldn't change gameplay much - maybe make it easier to spot a specific item in a stack - but it is something that I've wanted to do for a while.

Any thoughts?

first of all welcome to the forums. good to hear your ideas and i would highly recommend checking out the commonly suggested topic. here is the link.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Now secondly, i really do like your idea. i feel it would add a lot to pz without changing the entire system or needing a long time to get partially working. its simple but good and for that. +1