Map request [Bunker/space station]

Hello everybody, I have a small request :)

*Im sorry for possible mistakes in text, english is not my native language :)*

I think would be cool to create closed map (like a bukner or space station).
If its possible to create huge buildings in this game then I think it is an easiest way:
Create an empty map with bunker in center of it (bunker requires a lot of floors). And u cant leave this bunker cuz there is no exit (or its closed and can not be open).

Bunker example from Fall Out:

image.png

Description:
This map divided into sections:

bed-20.png    living rooms;
meanicons_41-24.png      kitchens,
gun.png  armory,
box-32.pngstorehouses,
home-20.png   main room,
lab.png    labs,
Police-Man.png    jail,
Lightning.png  generator room,
water.png    wastewater treatment plant,
flower.pnggarden,
factory-pollution.pngsmall factories,
aiga_firsid-20.png   hospital

maybe something else?

_____

Every sections (or just rooms) is like a houses on original map. You can barricade labs or kitchen and live there.

But I see only one problem with realism. It is a rain. I mean is rain possible in bunker? :D
_____

I really hope somebody will make this :D

i like the idea, but facing the problem of not having enough and right light to grow plants and no rain makes it hard,

but you could say the watertreatment is like now the river (tained water) and only in the garden area (open space) it could work.

Atm generators would be a problem since they if run inside kill everyone.

also you wouldn´t have trees growing for building and barricading much, but that would make it the challange.

and the zombie spawn would get difficult

i like the idea, but facing the problem of not having enough and right light to grow plants and no rain makes it hard,

but you could say the watertreatment is like now the river (tained water) and only in the garden area (open space) it could work.

Atm generators would be a problem since they if run inside kill everyone.

also you wouldn´t have trees growing for building and barricading much, but that would make it the challange.

and the zombie spawn would get difficult

At the very least, maybe don't spawn some generators would solve the problem temporarily. As for the wood, there would be lots of door to take down, but every planks would count too, so yeah, challenge.

For the zombie spawn, I really dont know. Maybe we could make the area around the bunker openspace for zombie spawn, and modify the tiles we see to give the impression it isn't outside, but in the bunker like, the zombies comes from a pipeline area or something. I can't explain that in english very well but I my opinon it could work.

I'll probably have to take a look to the Mall for an exemple, and do some tests to see how it goes

the problem with the zombie respawn i see more in the part that they don´t spawn near player made stuff, so iff you put small stuff here and there you could make it that no zombie spawns ever in such a small area

but maybe there could be some places without the option to build something and use that as spawnareas and let it look like somekind of ventilationsystem/Pipeline stuff

I think biggest problem is a zombie respawn.

Some ways I found how to solve it:

1. Does Project zomboid have any things like zombie spawner? If yes we would be can just place zombie spawners in corridors (but anyway its not the best way).

2. Create areas around the bunker where zombie spawns and then they comes inside.

3. Make this bunker not a "true bunker". I mean like make a city looks like bunker. And these rooms I wrote in first message can be houses. Just give the impression like its a bunker but actually its a city with a bunker textures. But there is a problem with rain and sun (as u know, its impossible in bunkers :D). But anyway if use cheats before run this map (if cheats for night forever exist in this game idk)

Waiting for FlashFire tests :)

I think biggest problem is a zombie respawn.

Some ways I found how to solve it:

1. Does Project zomboid have any things like zombie spawner? If yes we would be can just place zombie spawners in corridors (but anyway its not the best way).

2. Create areas around the bunker where zombie spawns and then they comes inside.

3. Make this bunker not a "true bunker". I mean like make a city looks like bunker. And these rooms I wrote in first message can be houses. Just give the impression like its a bunker but actually its a city with a bunker textures. But there is a problem with rain and sun (as u know, its impossible in bunkers :D). But anyway if use cheats before run this map (if cheats for night forever exist in this game idk)

Waiting for FlashFire tests :)

1°) There isn't

2°) That's what I Said, in fact

3°) That's the whole point. The game has to think like that, but the players won't see anything. I want to do the same thing as the mall, it seems to work fine so far, so i'll look around to see if it's possible to make it like that

I did some test with a real map, and it's technically all possible. But here's my remarks :

The players can't spawn in the actual bunker, because if he does, no Zeds will spawn in it. We'll have to find an alternative.

Do a largeeeeeeeeeeeee building consume lot of ram memory -> too much lag in the editor (I had a blank but large building with lots of rooms)

Though, it's been a hot day, here in france, Maybe my computer had some pain to support this, or maybe because it's really memory consuming.

otherwise, It seems feasible.

Larger buildings get very resource heavy very fast; see "mall." But otherwise this is completely doable, though getting an appropriate number of zombies into the bunker might warrent some LUA foolery.

• 1 month later...

HFay2Pp.png

Upper Level:

AwHcZx7.jpg

qqe4Ncz.jpg

Vault Level:

iSyUtql.jpg

5NoPq5U.jpg

The map Peoria from Fallout Tactics converted into PZ:
- the small mod will replace the 05. challenge;
- zombies/wave changed;
- weapons, items and there prices changed ;
- preparation time changed.

Download-link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h84x6wzrybz75wd/AABPYL32Cz_HsGLf_aubg8i9a?dl=0
Instructions:
=place=> the "Zomboid Tactics_Project Peoria" map =into=> C/: ...user_name.../Zomboid/mods

16/8 EDIT: new version changes: zombie/wave, Kitchenknife=>Huntingknife and VarmintRifle=>Pipebomb

• 2 weeks later...