RELEASED: Build 32.16

EasyPickins

Public build 32.16 released.

• Fixed coop health-panel breakage. (Issue #001902)
  • Fixed right-click events being sent to non-visible panels. (Issue #001903)
  • If you clicked "First Bite" then backed out and clicked "Survival", the Zombie Lore settings would be stuck on the easier "First Bite" settings in the "Survival" game.  The Zombie Lore settings would go back to normal once you loaded the game again though.
  • New "Continue" button plays the last save from the main menu screen.
  • Fixed incorrectly counting the number of times some recipes can be done.  (Issue #001912).  A few recipes with custom OnCreate Lua functions may not return the correct result.
  • Fixed no damage being done to a standing zombie on the next attack after it was shoved.
  • 'Get Bacon Rashers' & 'Get Bacon Bits' work with Hunting Knife.
  • Fixed bombs destroying the outside walls of safehouses. (Issue #001911)
  • New "Extinguish Fire" user interface.

FireFighting.png

• You can target a 2x2 area.
  • The white circle shows where the player will stand.
  • Extinguishers and Dirt/Gravel/Sand-bags use 1 unit per square.
  • Water items use 10 units of water per square (1 water-bottle's worth).
  • If nothing is burning on a square, nothing is consumed from the fire-fighting item.
  • You can extinguish yourself/others.
  • The best available extinguisher is chosen (Extinguisher, then Dirt/Gravel/Sand bag, then a water source) and equipped automatically from main inventory.  If you already have a suitable item equipped, it will use that.

Public build 32.16 released.

• Fixed coop health-panel breakage. (Issue #001902)
  • Fixed right-click events being sent to non-visible panels. (Issue #001903)
  • If you clicked "First Bite" then backed out and clicked "Survival", the Zombie Lore settings would be stuck on the easier "First Bite" settings in the "Survival" game.  The Zombie Lore settings would go back to normal once you loaded the game again though.
  • New "Continue" button plays the last save from the main menu screen.
  • Fixed incorrectly counting the number of times some recipes can be done.  (Issue #001912).  A few recipes with custom OnCreate Lua functions may not return the correct result.
  • Fixed no damage being done to a standing zombie on the next attack after it was shoved.
  • Fixed bombs destroying the outside walls of safehouses. (Issue #001911)
  • New "Extinguish Fire" user interface.

FireFighting.png

• You can target a 2x2 area.
  • The white circle shows where the player will stand.
  • Extinguishers and Dirt/Gravel/Sand-bags use 1 unit per square.
  • Water items use 10 units of water per square (1 water-bottle's worth).
  • If nothing is burning on a square, nothing is consumed from the fire-fighting item.
  • You can extinguish yourself/others.
  • The best available extinguisher is chosen (Extinguisher, then Dirt/Gravel/Sand bag, then a water source) and equipped automatically from main inventory.  If you already have a suitable item equipped, it will use that.

Only Public Branch?

EDIT:  Nevermind i figured it out

So here's a question I might not want the answer to... Since pigs aren't in game, what are you using the hunting knife on to get bacon?

On unchopped bacon :P

Well that's not NEARLY as morbid or interesting as I thought. Carry on.

Did not see in any patch notes recently but wanted to say, power failure on my end no longer blanks MP characters. Happened to me twice on 32.15 and my characters loaded just fine. Thank you!

Side note: I like the increasing need for specilization and understand its purpose, however I have long been a skill grinder, imagining my characters becoming true survivors. In MP my primary character is unemployed :) Having driven his cooking and trapping skills to max or near max level. Now with each IWBUMS patch he has become less useful. Wouldn't his (hard earned) level 9 trapping account for some level of self-education? He can no longer make cage traps due to recipe/profession requirements. He is also a (equally hard earned) level 10 cook who has very little recipe at his disposure.

For non profession recipes, would a higher skill requirement make sense to eventually learn by doing? Say a trapper needs level X to make cage trap, non trapper needs X+Y. I understand some things likely should require a recipe/magazine but the skill levels themselves are implied to represent his abilities in a given field.

Long side note.

Thank you for saving me from power flashes!

Edit - have been informed I may have been lucky twice is all, power fails may indeed still blank characters

awesome patch :)

but i really hope there will be some stuff that keeps you playing

after the base is finished + a nice little garden there isnt really much to do besides eating stuff or go fishing to eat other stuff

i really hope there will be at least some kind of long term goals or daily quests or something

dont get me wrong i dont want a mmo just a few good reasons to start the game again every now and then 

just log in to eat or kill a few zombies that spawned around your base is kinda boring :/

after the base is finished + a nice little garden there isnt really much to do besides eating stuff or go fishing to eat other stuff

i really hope there will be at least some kind of long term goals or daily quests or something

dont get me wrong i dont want a mmo just a few good reasons to start the game again every now and then 

just log in to eat or kill a few zombies that spawned around your base is kinda boring :/

I can agree to that, but I definitely think that the new zombie management system has made the game more exciting, especially when hordes come charging to your base. When NPCs are in it will get a lot more entertaining, but for now supply runs to farther, more dangerous areas is pretty fun.

after the base is finished + a nice little garden there isnt really much to do

I can agree to that, but I definitely think that the new zombie management system has made the game more exciting, especially when hordes come charging to your base. When NPCs are in it will get a lot more entertaining, but for now supply runs to farther, more dangerous areas is pretty fun.

We are getting off topic but have you played on pvp servers? Not to bandit even but to have that threat and the other new thrills of player interactions. PM me if you want a server recommendation. I agree single player can feel monotonous but run through bandit town, struggle to keep other friendlies hidden and alive, run a medic to injured players etc MP has taken this game to new levels in my opinion

yeah pm me some cool servers :)

but overall ... getting shot by strangers to start all over again isnt really fun for me for a long period of time

even in dayz i got bored really quick because there is nothing to do besides walking around and eating

the danger of getting killed by randoms draws me in for about one or two evenings ... then i want other stuff to do besides walking around and being "scared"

like i said ... i really hope there will be some long term goals or daily quests or something
if its even scarier on mp servers ... so be it ... but just walking around and gather something to eat isnt really fun for a long time ... this goes for mp and sp

Found unpleasant thing recently.In my apartment the lights went out and the computer turned off then my save got corrupted and had to start new game

Unfortunately, if you lose power, the game cannot make a complete save. :(

Would it be possible to make it so that the game alternates between 2 or 3 saves everytime it saves? That way when a save gets corrupted you won't lose all your progress.

Found unpleasant thing recently.In my apartment the lights went out and the computer turned off then my save got corrupted and had to start new game

Would it be possible to make it so that the game alternates between 2 or 3 saves everytime it saves? That way when a save gets corrupted you won't lose all your progress.

I like the idea of two saves. That's how the FAT (file allocation table) works in older versions of windows. In the event that one copy of the file allocation table is corrupted, the other file allocation table is used. It was a good idea for redundancy for a critical file in the windows operating system. It's a good idea for save games as well. I don't think I'll be attempting to quote anything until I learn how to use it properly.

You can kind of do that manually by going to the project zomboid save file and copy-pasting your save after you finish playing, and the game makes backups when the game crashes as well, but the alternating between saves thing would be pretty neat.

Is it just me or is the fire just a lil too rampant. I went to bed with a TV dinner in the oven and it blew up, I may have had a few drinks, but that's not the point. I woke up and miraculously my house was pretty much untouched except for where the oven was, but when I went outside, the fire was past extinguishable. I tried but just used up all my water and the fire spread right back while I was refilling 10 water bottles and a pot. The entire neighborhood went up in flames as the fire burned across roads and through parking lots. I can understand it burning through the lawn if you are a few months in and its overgrown, but over concrete? Come on now. The fire burned strong for three more days until it finally rained. I think the new extinguishing system is awesome but fire shouldn't burn over a parking lot or a road.