New to the Mapping

Palim

Hey guys,

i want to try the mapping tool, so far i have figured out how to build a house (yay!) but i wonder how to create (or import) a blank map to design? Ive searched for that, but most of the posts or videos are totaly outdated (1-2 years) and im stuck at this point.

Can anyone help me out a little? :)

Also i watched a video which told me to start the TileZed, then go to options and change the saving option to CSV. Whats the point of that?

Do i have to take notice of something else? I dont wanna end up losing hours and hours from building stuff to realize i messed up any option :D

The pdf in this thread was very helpful to me to get started with "drawing maps".

Though its a bit old, its not really outdated. Maybe there are a few additional steps at the end of map deployment for "new" stuff like trapping (I didn't check if thats already in there) but the basics should still be the same.

I have already found that pdf, but im stuck at it for an hour now.

I have created a "map" with paint with 600x600 pixels, just filled it with the gras color (117,117,47) and saved it as .png and .bmp.

Followed the steps but i cant drag it onto my empty cells. Did i saved them wrong?

I see them in the WorldEd program, but i cant drag them in.

Alright, i got it thanks alot.

My last question for today is, i cant save the world to test it.

I created a folder for the .lots files

I set the Zombie Spawn Image like the guide told me

but then there is a field to choose a Tile Definitions Folder (.tiles) - so here is my problem. Where do i find that folder? What is it good for?