What would you wear/have in a zombie apocalypse

doomblood66

Hey all, if there was a real zombie apocalypse what would you bring? Make one list for what you actually have available to you and another you may put whatever. For me it would be

Real:

Hat: Adidas Cap

Torso: Thin T-shirt

Legs: Baggy jeans - Duct-Tapes Magazines

Shoes: Thick Leather Riding Boots

Extra Layers: Thin Zip jumper - Interior lined with Duck-Taped Magazines

Weapons: Long Sharp Kitchen Knife, Normal Kitchen Knife, Bat - With nails hammered in

Bag: Nike Air Max

Supplies: Case B MRE, x12 Dis-Infected Banages, x2 Panadol Packs, 2x Throat Lozenge Packs, Sleeping Bag, Pillow, betadine small bottle, Dettol Medium Bottle, Electric Tooth Brush, Manual Tooth Brush, x3 Tooth paste, AA Battery radio AM/FM, x16 AA Batteries, iPhone 5, LED Flashlight, Water Purification Straw, x2 800ml Water Bottle (full), Spare clothing and shoe wear, Board Shorts, Bike Helmet, Scooter (may come in handy :P)

Useful Traits: Intermediate Martial-Art Level, Intermediate Horse-Riding/Horsemanship Level

Dream List:

Hat: Military Hazmat Helmet

Torso: Thin Shirt, Kevlar Military Grade Vest

Shoes: Thick Leather Riding Boots

Extra layers: Military Grade Hazmat Suit

Weapons: Barrett M82 - Silencer, Forward Grip, x16 Scope (None in particular), FN Five-Seven - Silencer, Carbon Steel Katana

Bag: Military Rugsack

Supplies: x2 Case B MRE, x2 Case A MRE, Military Grade Night Vision Goggles with straps, x32 Dis-Infected Banages, x2 Detotol Bottle, Manual Toothbrush,x2 Panadol Packs, 2x Throat Lozenge Packs, Sleeping Bag, Pillow, betadine small bottle, Electric Tooth Brush,, x3 Tooth paste, AA Battery radio AM/FM, x16 AA Batteries, iPhone 5, LED Flashlight, Water Purification Straw x2, x2 800ml Water Bottle (full), Spare clothing and shoe wear, Board Shorts, Bike, Spare Military Hazmat Suit

Traits: Expert Level Martial-Arts, Expert Level Sharpshooting

Mine would be as follows-

Real:

Hat:  Cricket helmet

Torso: Cool T-shirt

Legs: Joggers

Shoes: Astro-Turf Trainers

Extra Layers: Micro-Fleece, Beanie

Weapons: The old wooden stick (old wooden golf club), 

Bag: Mid-size holdall to be worn like a rucksack

Supplies: Pack of cards, Matches, bandages, plasters, antiseptic wipes, medical tape, sleeping bag, manual toothbrush x4, FM battery radio, scissors, kinetic powered torch, batteries, ball of string, fishing wire, sticky tape,  plenty of canned food and fruit, can opener, funnel, coffee filters, and a couple of water bottles. Carrier bags which could be used to hold more supplies and easily attacthed to bag! Finally a skateboard.

Useful Traits: Intermediate golf handicap, Engineering Student, Student (survive off minimal food)

Dream List:

Hat: Hockey Goalkeeping Helmet

Torso: Lightweight Kevlar lined t-shirt

Legs: Cargo trousers

Shoes: Trail shoes

Extra layers: Bulletproof Hoodie, beanie

Weapons: AA-12 shotgun with extended magazine (you know, the one from the expendables!), M1911 with a silencer, Katana.

Bag: Modified travel rucksack to hold plenty of ammunition externally.

Supplies: Extensive first aid kit, crowbar, string, lots of canned food, can opener, fruit, energy gel, thermal flask, rain collecting equipment, water filtering tablets, penknife, powerful kinetic LED torch, fm radio, rechargeable batteries, scissors, night-vision goggles, GPS, polarized sunglasses, binoculars, bike, camping pans, handful of lighters and the remainder of the rucksack filled with duct tape!

Traits: Marksman and very high agility

I'm only listing the real one, because fuck fantasies.

Hat: None, I have long, thick hair so that can protect me well enough.

Torso: T-shirt, sweater for the winter.

Legs: Cargo pants, to carry more small items I may need.

Shoes: Cheap tennis shoes.

Extra layers: None.

Weapons: Golf club (A 3 Wood, to be precise) and a pistol with a makeshift silencer made out of a can, tape, and a few socks.

Bag: Two duffel bags, both slung over separate shoulders, so I have one bag on each side for lots of carrying space.

Supplies: A few clips of ammo, duct tape to fix my club, a small flashlight and some batteries, a cell phone, some dollar store painkillers, a can opener, a few bandages, and a water bottle.

Traits: Weak, Brave, Agoraphobic, Brooding, Short Tempered, Eagle Eyed, Light Eater, Night Owl. (Yes I used PZ traits so people can easily tell what I mean.)

Mine is all things I either own or could have easy access to within 4 hours of the news:

Head: Paintball mask

Torso: Bullet proof vest and light long sleeve shirt. Bullet proof pads taped along arms as well.

Legs: Jeans with bullet proof pads lining the inside

Shoes: Hiking Boots

Extra Layers: Light Sweatshirt

Weapons: Saber, 9 mm handgun (plenty to chose from, probably the semi-auto Ruger), Possibly my Remington 700 .308 as well

Bag: Hiking Pack

Supplies: Extra ammo cases, whetstone, rags, first aid kit, toothbrush and toothpaste, gin, skinning knife, pocket knife, combat knife, throwing knife, water filtration kit, 50 ft. poly rope, extra socks, machete, scent-killing soap, lighter, water-proof matches, flint & steel, canteens, and as many MRE's as I can fit in the extra space.

Real:

Hat: None

Torso: sweater

Legs: Tight jeans

Shoes: high boots.

Extra Layers: Long Scarf. 

Weapons: Kitchen Knife.

Bag: Shoulder bag

Dream list

I'll have a long white silk dress on, if I'm going out I'll die with style. And then prop some small heels and a scarf. (And maybe a weapon like a knife or something.) 

In a zombie apocalypse zombies would not be the biggest threat. Looters, bandits and desperate people would be the biggest threat. So, I would have:

1. Clothes: as casual as possible. You don't want to look "cool" or "tacticool", because it will push you up in a priority list of potential targets. I could probably use some kevlar gloves and sleevelets.

2. Bag: something that does not look "cool". I'd add a hydropack inside and fastexes for quick dataching in a combat situation.

3. Gun: a silenced 9x19 pistol, preferably Glock-26 or Glock-17 (reliable, lightweight, compact). Silencer would increase my chances against humans and zombies. Other weapons: a makeshift spear made of a broomstick and a knife. Cheap, silent, lightweight, reusable.

4. Tools: water-purification tablets, portable water filter, a multitool, a couple of good reliable knives, a lighter, a firestarter, a torch with built-in dynamo capable of recharging AA accumulators, some paracord.

5. Meds: painkillers (including opiates for severe injuries), bandages and gauzes, betadine, hydrogen peroxide 3%, antibiotics (doxycycline, amoxicilline), latest generation antihistamines, surgical needles and threads, pincers, scalpels. Also, 96% alchohol.

6. Other stuff: mylar blankets, thermal sleeping bags.

My traits: I'm a medical doctor, I shoot well, I am a light-eater, but I am not very good at melee.

Hat: Black Beanie

Torso: Thin Black T-Shirt

Legs: Black Jeans that are a bit tight (Not skinny jeans)

Shoes: Black Nike Tennis Shoes

Extra Layers: Brown Leather Jacket

Weapons: 2x 12 Gauges, .40 Glock, AR-22, and a 7" KA-BAR Becker Tac-Tool

Bag: Red Duffle bag

Supplies: 2 weeks worth of canned food, and some frozen food. 2 boxes of .22 surplus (Boxes of at least 500 rnds), 1 box of Buckshot 12 Gauge, and 1 box of .40. Several pain killers, possibly outdated. (Unsure how long the perishables would last)

Traits: Stealthy, Intelligent, High Morale, Kind, Gun Nut, and Survival Instinct

Supplies: 2 weeks worth of canned food, and some frozen food. 2 boxes of .22 surplus (Boxes of at least 500 rnds), 1 box of Buckshot 12 Gauge, and 1 box of .40. Several pain killers, possibly outdated. (Unsure how long the perishables would last)

Traits: Stealthy, Intelligent, High Morale, Kind, Gun Nut, and Survival Instinct

Good luck carrying 150 lbs. of gear with you lol.

Weapons: Golf club (A 3 Wood, to be precise) and a pistol with a makeshift silencer made out of a can, tape, and a few socks.

That makeshift silencer is ghetto as fuck. :P

Well I live in a state where it is illegal to own silencers. So I've gotta make one.

Makeshift silencers only work once or twice. Silencers in general don't work worth a damn. It's not really worth your time.

I shall carry around multiples. And really, the gun is more for a "Oh fuck me sideways *BLAM*" situation. I have the silencer so I don't shoot a zombie in panic and then successfully fuck myself over. I'll primarily use the golf club, which is why I have the tape for repairs if I need them.

Going to list things only within my reach now for at least 3 days ahead:

-Schoolbag

-2 bottles of water

-4 cans of sardines

-2 mixed nuts bags

-3 apples

-1 chocolate bar

-Matches

-Pocket knife and a kitchen knife (being extremely diverse here)

-My laptob (with its bag)

-My PSP (Need to reduce that boredom)

-Any small entertaining book or two that could fit well in the bag.

-I'm wearing my favourite T-shirt with a leather jacket on. Black trousers with small chains attached to the belt handlers. Generic sports shoes. Black cycling gloves.

-Camping lantern

Probably going to need to sneak around pretty often to avoid confrontation as much as possible due to the lack of blunt weapons or firearms.

Good luck carrying 150 lbs. of gear with you lol.

It'd be a pain in the ass, but I could manage if I had to move from my house. My house is not a bad safe house, though I'd definitely need friends to help guard, or rethink entrances. I live next to a wooded area so I could keep a fire going in my fireplace, and I live right behind a subdivision that's still under construction so building supplies ahoy. Not to mention I know where the local gun shops are, I'd be pretty set if stuff went down.

Not to mention I know where the local gun shops are, I'd be pretty set if stuff went down.

I bet you are not the only one who knows where gun shops are. Going to a gun shop when shit already has hit the fan is probably a bad idea and a good way to get shot by competitors.

Well, seeing as I live in the UK, guns are pretty tough to get hold of..

Hat: I'd keep some form of baseball cap in my bag, wouldn't wear it all the time though

Torso: Likely a thin t-shirt, for agility.

Legs: Jogging bottoms, again for agility, and I'd wear any trainers, doesn't matter to me which, as long as I can step quietly in them

Weapons: Crossbow, for quiet kills and practically infinite ammo.  I'd also have a large knife for close quarters

Bag: I'd have a quiver for arrows, and a backpack (for agility again) with:

-Baseball Cap

-Emergency food supplies (not a lot, just enough for a few days if need be)

-Emergency water (2x full bottles)

-Binoculars

-Enough space for any other supplies

Traits: Stealthy, good climbing/vaulting/jumping, agile, relatively strong, fast

I would likely be the sort of person who would have a base somewhere, but would constantly be going out scavenging for supplies in zombie-infested areas (quieter places will get picked clean), I would try to form a group with close friends, nothing too big though.

Instead of a large knife, I think my long-term goal would be to get a hold of two short swords, and dual wield them, great for running through areas cutting through zombie heads.

I would be stealthy, and stay off street level as much as possible when going about my hunts for supplies

-GodWaffle

Not to mention I know where the local gun shops are, I'd be pretty set if stuff went down.

I bet you are not the only one who knows where gun shops are. Going to a gun shop when shit already has hit the fan is probably a bad idea and a good way to get shot by competitors.

Its basically a deathwish going there indeed lol, if you dont get shot, you will sure as hell get robbed of all your stuff

Hence why you wait it out for a few days, then scout out a the locations. My Grandpa also owns a large gun cabinet full of rifles that'd be good for that sort of thing. Problem is he lives an hour away so that'd be a no no.

Hence why you wait it out for a few days, then scout out a the locations.

There will be no loot then =)

But you can't just bum rush in there, besides, most will probably be locked up tight if the event occurs so it'll definitely take planning if I were thinking of raiding a gun shop.