Water collection without carpentry

reasonpolice

so in summary. people with carpentry being able to do good water deposits, and people with no carpenty being able to capture water in small proportions

pretty much. although without carpentry it could take longer to collect. or it possibly could use a different water trapping method.

or with like level 8 carpenty or 6 the water deposit having a filter that automatically cleans the water.

so in summary. people with carpentry being able to do good water deposits, and people with no carpenty being able to capture water in small proportions

pretty much. although without carpentry it could take longer to collect. or it possibly could use a different water trapping method.

or with like level 8 carpenty or 6 the water deposit having a filter that automatically cleans the water.

that, is actually a great idea. that would be great. i mean some cloths could just be added to do something similar but i could see the addition of a filter to it being useful.

that, is actually a great idea. that would be great. i mean some cloths could just be added to do something similar but i could see the addition of a filter to it being useful.

it would be great, no more boil water all the time. or even a more complex idea: the carpenty skill depots was a slot to add the filter.

wich can be crafted later using the medical skill.  level 3 medic , makes a normal filter and level 6 medic makes a filter with low durability that allows the player to heal faster from wounds :DD

I don't know about the filtering to make the water directly safe. A filter wouldn't remove the dangerous microorganisms, while boiling is helpful in that case. The idea is good but it depends on what makes the water tainted.

the filter wold have benefical microrganisms , thats why it needs medical skill to be crafted

I don't know about the filtering to make the water directly safe. A filter wouldn't remove the dangerous microorganisms, while boiling is helpful in that case. The idea is good but it depends on what makes the water tainted.

true but there are ways to filter most things out of it to be drinkable or at least more so than before.

possibly having it become a 50/50 chance of being tainted so in the case of an emergency you have a chance of being ok.

• 2 weeks later...

There are personal filtration systems that will filter out virtually anything that can harm you. The water reportedly, will still taste bad if it would with out it.

http://www.buylifestraw.com/en/ <- Example

There are personal filtration systems that will filter out virtually anything that can harm you. The water reportedly, will still taste bad if it would with out it.

http://www.buylifestraw.com/en/ <- Example

true but now (cant find link) there is a filter that has some sort of flavor sanitation thing so you can change the taste and it filters out chemicals or something like that. still i agree with what you are saying.

Smaller natural water sources like Creeks in Muldraugh would be useful too

but from the map it seems that no smaller creeks flow into thew town. this is only from what i have seen but i like the idea.

If they're small enough they wouldn't show up on a map, I'm talking more along the lines of some trickles by the roadside that show up from some regular rain that remain for a few days

but from the map it seems that no smaller creeks flow into thew town. this is only from what i have seen but i like the idea.

If they're small enough they wouldn't show up on a map, I'm talking more along the lines of some trickles by the roadside that show up from some regular rain that remain for a few days

ah ok, that could be done. i thought you meant like small streams flowing from the river into muldraugh. that's why i was confused.

ah ok, that could be done. i thought you meant like small streams flowing from the river into muldraugh. that's why i was confused.

Yeah the definition of "Creek" is very loose in English lol

There's usually water that can be found SOMEWHERE if there's been precipitation recently

Yeah the definition of "Creek" is very loose in English lol

There's usually water that can be found SOMEWHERE if there's been precipitation recently

i was always told a creek was like a smaller river so in game it would be between 2-6 tiles across or so i was thinking rather then a little 1 tile stream down roadsides.

what about wringing out your wet clothes into a bucket or etc?  bet you could get at least a quart of water of a soaked set of clothes.

Or how about digging a hole and line it with a tarp for water. there is already the spade in the game and the tarp.

but i agree that most containers should catch water at a much reduced rate than a proper rain collector. I could just see multiplayer now, covered with mugs and bowls. Its not that it takes too much effort to get to lvl 4 carpentry to me, its just that its a waste of a couple hundred nails and an axe to get to lvl 4. just to put a trash bag in a box.

what about the trash cans? they are practically pre made rain collectors. just line it with a fresh bag. or tarp.

what about wringing out your wet clothes into a bucket or etc?  bet you could get at least a quart of water of a soaked set of clothes.

Or how about digging a hole and line it with a tarp for water. there is already the spade in the game and the tarp.

but i agree that most containers should catch water at a much reduced rate than a proper rain collector. I could just see multiplayer now, covered with mugs and bowls. Its not that it takes too much effort to get to lvl 4 carpentry to me, its just that its a waste of a couple hundred nails and an axe to get to lvl 4. just to put a trash bag in a box.

what about the trash cans? they are practically pre made rain collectors. just line it with a fresh bag. or tarp.

some of these i think people would find a bit too easy,

I guess that's also dependent on how hard it's raining though

If it's drizzling then a single bucket won't catch much while your water collection vats will, but if it's a downpour, there'll be water basically everywhere anyways.

I guess that's also dependent on how hard it's raining though

If it's drizzling then a single bucket won't catch much while your water collection vats will, but if it's a downpour, there'll be water basically everywhere anyways.

possibly better weather before things like this.