Professions that cost more than 10 pts

stio89

I agree that no job should take more points than you start with. There are a few ways to fix it:

1) Add more points to start. So if the best job takes 12 points, then an unemployed person should start with 12 points to mess with.

2)Nerf the best jobs. Like others have said, just take a point from aiming or whatever, so that no job goes over the starting amount.

3)Add penalties to the jobs themselves. For example, add quick temper to cop, or hearty appetite to the soldier so that the points even out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, when the profession update went out, TIS stated that the justification behind this was that some of these jobs allowed people more freetime, and in turn allowed more hobbies, and vice-versa, some jobs allowed little freetime, with few hobbies, but instead you earned more from doing more on the job.

I honestly enjoy the system, I regularly play some of the more expensive professions and I love trying to find a good combination to work out. It also helps in building a story for the player. "Before this all hit, I was a veteran, but I was blinded after I lost my eye in combat and was sent home."

That's my opinion on the matter.

In all honesty I feel a lot of this is just an overreaction on the OPs part.