PZ Balancing Thread

Zorak

I created this thread to ask you what things would you change in PZ. But Im not asking about new features, just the existing ones. What numbers would you change to make PZ in your opinion, more fun to play.

Here is my input:

1) Food / Hunger / Thirst change. Imo a basic food per day for survivor should be 100 +/- 30 depending of perks. So you need a bit more than 3 bags of chips each day to stay feed.

Also bonus to – hunger for cooked stuff needs to be bigger like +50% and another +10 % for each lvl in cooking.

Example: you want to make soup with potatoes and chicken. You have lvl 3 cooking. So basic uncooked soup will have -50 hunger + 30% for your cooking skills = 65 and *50% when you cook it = 97,5.  This will make cooking worth it and a high lvl cook in your group a valuable asset.

2) Ammo rarity. I would increase chance to find an ammo for shotgun and 9mm. IMO its not only hard to lvl aim coz the guns are loud and you miss most of the time but also ammo is so rare and you need a tons of it to lvl up aim from lvl 1 or lower. Also is shotgun is the weapon of choice for beginners it’s weird that ammo for it is the most rare one!

3) Darker nights – this would make nights more dangerous and keeping a flashlight more important

4) Reduce player speed when exhausted and / or carrying heavy load. Right now it’s too easy to outrun zombies.

5) Lower fracture chance. 100% of my falls from 1st floor end up with fracture. Make it bit lower and perhaps connect it to nimble skill.

6) Fire bomb dmg is too low, I agree that fire dmg was too high before but now it makes firebombs not so useful. Perhaps add some initial dmg on impact.

What would you change?

1) I don't think that without a proper, full nutrition overhaul that this game should make the hunger any slower/faster than it already is. As of now, the hunger system is slow enough not to feel annoyed by constantly having to look after it, but fast enough to still care about it. Have you ever ran out of water on your character? Try running around and playing the game without having a bottle of water in main inventory : Then tell me how quickly you're going to get annoyed by constantly having to drink water out of sinks :P

2) I think the current ammo rarity is balanced right. If you give out tons of ammo for players, then there will be no incentive to make a aiming-centered character, like police officer, or veteran. That way the "average Joes" are likely to never become very skilled at shooting, while actual police officers and those who have trained with guns before will have more advantage during armed combat.

3) If you keep the shaders and lighting settings on highest, the nights are really dark, but I do agree that there has to be little distinction between these settings, so that people won't have to change them to "low" every night to cheat. (Similar to people putting Gamma settings on maximum during night in DayZ).

4) I think that they only need to fix the player speed during high Sprinting levels. If you get to around level 4-6, unless your character gets broken feet, very heavy load and freezing temperature, he never really slows down to the point where he "walks" while trying to sprint.

5) I think they've tied the amount of damage you take from falls to all the weight that comes from items that you're carrying. So the higher your load is - the heavier you land. I haven't tested this system in a while, but I'll see if you get a 100% fracture when climbing out of second floor with barely any items on.

6) I disagree. The fire should be really, reaaaaallly ineffective way of "killing" zombies. I believe that unless you dose a zombie in kerosine and break all of it's feet beforehand, it's close to impossible to "burn" through to their brains. Fire should not kill zombies at all. BUT, slow them down to the point where they turn into "crawlers" and move 1meter an hour, though? That's entirely different point.