ZSpawn (Outdated)

dylan1313

Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod.

This is an Item Spawner mod, it uses an ingame window that you can navigate through and spawn items with. it will first pop up when you start the game, and can be reopened by pressing the NumENTER KEY. 

Note:

I am not sure if i can emphasize this enough but i still attend school (grade 12) so i don't always have time to work on this mod (or shouldn't, but i generally do anyway). So if ANYBODY has any suggestions, bugs reports/fixes, or can and is willing to help me code and get updates for this mod out sooner I URGE you to PM me.

Features:

• Spawns a variety of weapons and items
  • uses the new UI window to select the item you want without having to memorize codes

Bugs:

• graphics glitch with [2.9.9.15], has yet to appear in [2.9.9.16]
  • if one of the tabs from ZSpawn gets dragged it will go back to where you wanted to move it from and a ghost frame will carry with you outside of the ZSpawn window and only goes away if you close the ZSpawn window

To Do:

• an updated items list to include recently added items
  • Make the ZSpawn Window more efficient

Installation for PZomboid 2.9.9.16 and lower:

•  
  • unzip the file
  • open the ZSpawn Folder
  • move the Media folder into your ProjectZomboid Folder

Installation for PZomboid 2.9.9.17+:

•  
  • unzip the file
  • move the ZSpawn Folder into your mods folder that is inside your ProjectZomboid Folder

ZSpawn 0.2:
ZSpawn.zip

ZSpawn 0.3:
ZSpawn 0.3.zip

This mod seems to be outdated and does no longer work with the current Steam build.

- RoboMat

ZSpawn 0.3* (2.9.9.17 compatible):
Zspawn 0.3.zip

*in 0.3 [2.9.9.17] compatible version the ZSpawn window no longer automatically spawns when you start the game, but you can still just open it the normal way.

ZSpawn 0.3.2 (2.9.9.17 compatible):
Zspawn (0.3.2).zip
  • now plays a lot friendlier with the game, and frame rates when you constantly need to close and reopen it
  • major credit to ExcentriCreation for providing us with this fix
  • *****IMPORTANT***** Now you need to press the ~ KEY to open ZSpawn

Again major Credit to Spyder638 for originally creating the mod. You can find his original thread here.

Woohoo! Man you are updating this like crazy!

Hey, uhm is there still any chance of spawning zombies with this mod for the future? 

Just to clarify the one who made the fixes for ZSpawn is ExcentriCreation. In-fact hes trying to make it more user friendly with a better window and maybe a search bar. Dylan is just the guy who reposted the mod and hasn't done much besides toss around ideas with us. So please this is a group effort and ExcentriCreation deserves more respect for doing a lot of fixes and improvements. :-|  :geek:

Oh and yes there is a good chance for spawning zombies. Well maybe if we get lucky.  ;-)

Maybe I am missing something, Unzip the folder, drag and drop the file right into the mods folder in Pz? It doesnt work for me. o_O I made sure I grabbed the right version and I have the current build.

Drag the open folder with all the media, mod info, and poster files in it into the mod folder of PZ. Its not too hard unless its not showing up in the mods options in-game. If the mod is in the mods option then double click for the check mark to enable then exit. Once you do all that the mod will be enabled once you enter the game. Be sure to press ( ~ ) to open the ZSpawn window once you're playing.

Hey, uhm is there still any chance of spawning zombies with this mod for the future? 

Just to clarify the one who made the fixes for ZSpawn is ExcentriCreation. In-fact hes trying to make it more user friendly with a better window and maybe a search bar. Dylan is just the guy who reposted the mod and hasn't done much besides toss around ideas with us. So please this is a group effort and ExcentriCreation deserves more respect for doing a lot of fixes and improvements. :-|  :geek:

Oh and yes there is a good chance for spawning zombies. ;-)

HEY i have done quite a bit, i did versions 0.2 & 0.3, so i did do a lot, just i am not as skilled of a programmer as ExcentriCreation. so hey, but yes ExcentriCreation should get quite a bit of credit for giving us his awesome skills.

HEY i have done quite a bit, i did versions 0.2 & 0.3, so i did do a lot, just i am not as skilled of a programmer as ExcentriCreation. so hey, but yes ExcentriCreation should get quite a bit of credit for giving us his awesome skills.

Sorry Dylan but I was referring to the recent builds 0.3 was only because I made it into the correct 2.9.9.17 mod file format and the other fixes were by ExcentriCreation. I don't want you to feel as if you're no help but me and you both haven't done much although you've done more than me. ;-)

I would also like to inform people some changes that will take place. I recently had a talk with a moderator discussing recent copyright events. zSpawn is a great tool but it seems the rules might change due to someone using zSpawn in their mod without giving credit. This event angered many moderators and has brought unwanted conflict on some rules with the modding community. With this said some changes might change around modding rules and standard agreements thus changing how people mod. This limits your use but also protects peoples work similar to the copyright law. This would prevent people from using others work and adding to them (or modifying them) then republishing it. This doesn't mean you can't view another mod's coding and creating your own from that reference. This can effect zSpawn in a few ways such as ending further work on it and preventing us from publishing anymore updates. The good news is ExcentriCreation has re-written the whole code base thus making the new zSpawn his own original mod. The only problem that this leaves us is the name, we don't own the name zSpawn since the original creator hasn't contacted us in anyway since Dylan republished it. Me and ExcentriCreation have decided on the name NecroForge (a mix of "the book of the dead" with forge at the end). This new "zSpawn" will allow you to do so much more than you could previously and I assure you ExcentriCreation will make this mod better than zSpawn could ever be.

Sorry Dylan but I was referring to the recent builds 0.3 was only because I made it into the correct 2.9.9.17 mod file format and the other fixes were by ExcentriCreation. I don't want you to feel as if you're no help but me and you both haven't done much although you've done more than me. ;-)

I would also like to inform people some changes that will take place. I recently had a talk with a moderator discussing recent copyright events. zSpawn is a great tool but it seems the rules might change due to someone using zSpawn in their mod without giving credit. This event angered many moderators and has brought unwanted conflict on some rules with the modding community. With this said some changes might change around modding rules and standard agreements thus changing how people mod. This limits your use but also protects peoples work similar to the copyright law. This would prevent people from using others work and adding to them (or modifying them) then republishing it. This doesn't mean you can't view another mod's coding and creating your own from that reference. This can effect zSpawn in a few ways such as ending further work on it and preventing us from publishing anymore updates. The good news is ExcentriCreation has re-written the whole code base thus making the new zSpawn his own original mod. The only problem that this leaves us is the name, we don't own the name zSpawn since the original creator hasn't contacted us in anyway since Dylan republished it. Me and ExcentriCreation have decided on the name NecroForge (a mix of "the book of the dead" with forge at the end). This new "zSpawn" will allow you to do so much more than you could previously and I assure you ExcentriCreation will make this mod better than zSpawn could ever be.

:shock:  well this makes me feel a tad betrayed.......   especially because this is the first I've heard of this  :-| . does this mean you guys are leaving me?  :???:  

But yes, as far as using someone else's work as  base for your own, this is probably going to change in the near future. It was too idealistic of me to think that was appropriate. It's fine to recreate their idea if necessary, but not reuse their code or anything else that could be considered the body of their work.

It's the first ZedHead had heard about it, too. I just wanted to get someone's reaction to it when I contacted him about this possible future.

I can't comment on the rest, as that seems to be between you three.

:shock:  well this makes me feel a tad betrayed.......   especially because this is the first I've heard of this  :-| . does this mean you guys are leaving me?  :???:  

No, we're keeping you with us. :-)  ExcentriCreation is really the developer for the mod now so he'll lead the group considering we're not the best teammates ever, well referring to me anyway. :???:

Sorry we couldn't get a hold of you, we're up pretty late so I couldn't contact you on Skype or steam when we discussed this.

But yes, as far as using someone else's work as  base for your own, this is probably going to change in the near future. It was too idealistic of me to think that was appropriate. It's fine to recreate their idea if necessary, but not reuse their code or anything else that could be considered the body of their work.

It's the first ZedHead had heard about it, too. I just wanted to get someone's reaction to it when I contacted him about this possible future.

I can't comment on the rest, as that seems to be between you three.

SOoo... To sum that up we're in the clear for ExcentriCreation's recreation of the mod using his own code. That and the rules I stated up top aren't in effect yet and no one knows if it will be until later on. We changed the name just in case it does happen even though its all new code. :geek:

Oh and yes there is a good chance for spawning zombies. ;-)

Gosh din't mean to disrespect anyone here, mate! I was just questioning IF it was possible  :cry:.

Anyways thanks for the info!

Gosh din't mean to disrespect anyone here, mate! I was just questioning IF it was possible  :cry:.

I wasn't mad. I guess I sound like a angry person but I really didn't mean offense. I just wanted to explain that its a group of people no just Dylan. Well more or less a group I don't really count because I just got them to work together so its really just ExcentriCreation and Dylan. I'm just the guy who posts the info on progress and never seems to shut up.  :sad:

Also, we've decided to rename the mod considering its new system and layout. That and there's two threads of zSpawn so we'll make it easier for everyone by separating the two by our differences. I do enjoy the new name we agreed on, it seems to have a nice ring to it in my opinion so you'll see NecroForge as soon as the coding is finished. :-D

I wasn't mad. I guess I sound like a angry person but I really didn't mean offense. I just wanted to explain that its a group of people no just Dylan. Well more or less a group I don't really count because I just got them to work together so its really just ExcentriCreation and Dylan. I'm just the guy who posts the info on progress and never seems to shut up.  :sad:

Also, we've decided to rename the mod considering its new system and layout. That and there's two threads of zSpawn so we'll make it easier for everyone by separating the two by our differences. I do enjoy the new name we agreed on, it seems to have a nice ring to it in my opinion so you'll see NecroForge as soon as the coding is finished. :-D

zSpawn is not exactly a new name but it still serves as a seperation of both (same) mods.  :???:

zSpawn is not exactly a new name but it still serves as a seperation of both (same) mods.  :???:

Not zSpawn we're renaming it "NecroForge", read closely next time please. zSpawn was the original name by Spyder638 Dylan just put it as ZSpawn which is a correct way of putting it but yeah that was confusing I suppose.

"you'll see NecroForge as soon as the coding is finished. :-D "

As seen in the previous post I put up above... :-|  :???:

Quick question, how do we add items in ourselves? For instance I see tent pegs are missing, or rather I haven't noticed them yet.

Its not too hard really, Dylan can explain it better than I can considering I'm not really a coder like him and ExcentriCreation. If you wanted to add items you must know the item name from the scripting once you know what the item is called from the item script from the main game just go into the ZSpawn mod folder and through the lua part of it till you reach a list of lua coding. Once you make it to the coding go to the first one that says "ZSpawn #1 FavItems" then go down through the slots with item names in them. Find a empty spot for the item you wish to add or replace a item from the current listings. If you did it correctly the item should show up in the ZSpawn window once you play the game. Hopefully that helps, as I said I'm no coder. :???:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I need an item spawner to try some shit, but i can't get this one - THE one - to work... :[
Installed the mod properly or so i think, since i could activate it in the mods section in-game (.17 beta) and then restarted the game.

Is it an input detection problem ? my keyboard is not qwerty and i couldn't locate the '~' key. I tried to set the key input listener to some random value (10 or sth), to no avail. If the window doesn't popup because of this, is there a map of [key_id, character] somewhere so that i could set the listener to the key i wanna use ?

Or is the mod currently broken ?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

And btw how is the new zspawn-that-is-not-zspawn mod development going ?

EDIT : ended up working with key binding changed and playing free jazz on da keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

btw how is the new zspawn-that-is-not-zspawn mod development going ?

NecroForge is doing quite good. At the moment it is in a working state and looking great as well but EcentriCreation isn't ready to release it yet so it'll be a while before we get it out here. :-|

I'd like to point out that there are two copies of  Carpentry 1 and Carpentry 2. I assume the copies were supposed to be Carpentry 3 and 4?

I'll point this to Dylan if he is available. I'm busy testing our new item spawner at the moment so I can't pin point the ZSpawn bugs anymore.

Hey, I'm trying to use Z-Spawn, but the tilde key is having no effect, whatsoever. I am using the Interim build though. Any answers?

Hmmm... Well I'll have a look. Last I checked that build doesn't run well for my pc but there's no harm in testing it. I'll see what the problem is here shortly. Although I've heard many mods fail to work on that build so we'll see.

(tophat)

EDIT: I am unable to run the build but my guess is the better menus mod is messing with ZSpawn that is if you have it active. Otherwise I'm not too sure what the problem is.