Right-Click menu options un-clickable

Sh1n1gam1

Question

Hi, I'm on the most recent IWBUMS but I had this same issue on the stable version. Whenever I right click, it brings up a menu as usual. Unfortunately, usually the top option on the menu is unclickable. This won't let me place sheets or do anything requiring the use of the first option when right-clicking.

When I attempt to click the first option, nothing happens, and the game starts to get massive FPS drop.

Windows 7 SP3, Scaling disabled on High DPI (it was a workaround until the IWBUMS update)

11 answers to this question

I just attempted disabling all mods that directly affect in-game experience. Mods I disabled were Unpack Bags, PillowSilencer, and, RoboMat's Lockpick Mod. Game works perfectly fine now. I'll try to narrow down the specific problematic mod and maybe we could contact the creator of the mod to be fixed???

Anyways thank you for your help, it's unfortunate I had to disable these mods, but oh well, at least I can start on an epic base :D

I have a very similar issue. I have zero mods installed and have just freshly installed the latest IWBUMS version this morning. I am playing in sandbox mode with all custom settings including the advanced stuff for zombie spawning. I spawned in a house and opened the first container near me. No matter what items I right click, the menu only appears for a split second before vanishing. If I keep right clicking fast the menu keeps flashing but never stays up so I cannot drink, sleep, equip bags or weapons and so on. I can left click to drag things and double left click to move to my inventory and such but no right clicking. I have tried holding CTRL, shift and ALT while right and left clicking in the hopes of that helping but no luck. I tried changing the resolution down to the recommended one as I have it set to 1920x1080 but that did not help since it is not an issue with lining up but that the menu simply flashes away. The mouse I am using is a logitech G600 gaming mouse and I have tried defaulting its settings although I am simply using the regular left and right click, none of the extra buttons. I will attempt to dig out a regular mouse if I can find one and see if that makes a difference. 

UPDATE: Could not find a regular mouse to try unfortunately, however my xbox 360 controller is working great. Kinda annoying that the controls page doesn't change to reflect controller keybinds so I have to figure it all out. Got most of the basics down but no matter what I press I can't seem to figure out how to run or how to select my health and stats and such. 

Edit again: Figured out how to run finally, it was a button I thought I had already tried. Push in and click the movement joystick. 

I just attempted disabling all mods that directly affect in-game experience. Mods I disabled were Unpack Bags, PillowSilencer, and, RoboMat's Lockpick Mod. Game works perfectly fine now. I'll try to narrow down the specific problematic mod and maybe we could contact the creator of the mod to be fixed???

Anyways thank you for your help, it's unfortunate I had to disable these mods, but oh well, at least I can start on an epic base :D

Was there an error in the games log when this issue occurred?

It usually tells the problematic line of code, and the file it's coming from. It's invaluable for troubleshooting :P

On top of my issue where I cannot right click, I have come to notice several other bad bugs. For one, after playing for a while using the controller I discovered that SOME menus allow me to right click. Thankfully that menu seems to be limited to the health screen so I can remove and replace bandages since I cannot figure out how to do so with the controller. However directly after I do so, every single time without fail, most of the controls stop working unless I press escape on my keyboard. I can move with the controller but that is it. No attacking, no doors open, no interacting or even pausing the game. So every time I replace my bandages I need to pause and unpause with the keyboard then resume playing with my controller, so I am stuck in an odd state where I need to use all three devices to properly play the game.  

Was there an error in the games log when this issue occurred?

It usually tells the problematic line of code, and the file it's coming from. It's invaluable for troubleshooting :P

Thanks, I'll make sure to try that next time :)