Depression debuff

raymond

Never saw anything like this suggested. What if high levels of depression would give you debuffs in speed, strength, damage, luck in terms of some random game events (like dropping a spear in the river/breaking it while fishing, or catching socks) or even lower the skills?

I think depression already makes your inventory movement slower. Ever tried transferring a huge stack of nails between containers while severely depressed?

Well, I didn't pay much attention to transfer speed, doesn't make much difference to me. However, when I get depressed IRL, I usually feel weakness, apathy, things seem to get more difficult. That'd make the player try to keep their character happy and provide a bit of challenge for pesky worm-eating exploiters like me :)

I think depression already makes your inventory movement slower. Ever tried transferring a huge stack of nails between containers while severely depressed?

Well, I didn't pay much attention to transfer speed, doesn't make much difference to me. However, when I get depressed IRL, I usually feel weakness, apathy, things seem to get more difficult. That'd make the player try to keep their character happy and provide a bit of challenge for pesky worm-eating exploiters like me :)

I too know the pain of living from worm to worm.

The change in speed is quite dramatic for those with severe cases of depression in the game. It's down as far as "1 nail per 1.5 seconds", instead of "1 each millisecond"

The change in speed is quite dramatic for those with severe cases of depression in the game. It's down as far as "1 nail per 1.5 seconds", instead of "1 each millisecond"

i've been questioning myself about this for over a month and it was THAT easy. i feel stupid :D

it makes perfectly sense to me though, but i wish depression could damage players more and being harder to gain meanwhile, while unhappiness being more immediate and more easy to gain too

Needs moar nerf though, IMO

Needs moar nerf though, IMO

agreed. i have not noticed any difference and i love the idea of things not going your way. whenever i get depressed it seems like everything that can go wrong, will.

• 2 weeks later...