Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

... I understood that much ... but do you have the beta or the standard release?

How can I see which version of the game I have installed?

In game write 2.9.9.17 its not betta? If no then how i can install betta?

I maked that:

1. Right click project zomboid in your steam library
  2. Select properties from the bottom of the list
  3. Click on "betas" and look for "Beta testing versions available to all" on the dropdown menu and select it
  4. Exit the menu and wait for PZ to update (if it doesn't start automatically just restart it. 

And update not started.

So i uninstalled Catalyst control center to get rid of the oc option. It still ports the top tile but i no longer crash.

Then I tried to build Stairs on my normal pc with nvidia video cards and the same thing happens. Top tile is still porting after i build the stairs.

Also i tried to build some floor tiles on the 2nd floor of a house. They ported and took a good chunk of the house as well. no crash but when i leave and come back they have moved.

what's happening guys? 1 month i don't come back to check here and that i play the game and still .17?

Check the mondoids! There's some pretty big stuff going on under the scene. They are working hard all of the time even if you didn't see the progress as releases. Also the version system is a bit different with steam now and there actually have been a few updates even if it doesn't show as a new version number.

I eagerly await every mondoid and even the steam-tuesdoids (if there is one) but since I installed Zomboid, I dunno maybe 2 weeks ago, I cant remember getting an beta update via steam... did I miss something? I am aware of how you enable beta downloads in steam ;) that shouldnt be the problem

No there hasn't been any updates via steam in the last too weeks. Frankly two weeks is a really short amount of time in my opinion in regards of a new verrsion. Especially with such big updates on the works as the 3D thing and NPCs on the works.

EDIT: Damn got ninja'd by RJ AGAIN!

don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I really like the game and see a lot of potential in it for the future and the development and the community is very open minded. i like that a lot. I'm looking forward to the update that includes both of the last 2 mondoids topics... hopefully it wont take too long ^^

Sow, have all the points from the "upcomic steam beta" thread been achieved with this build?

for me its not really playable at the moment with this build and am eagerly awaiting the next one ^^ no pressure though ;)

Sow, have all the points from the "upcomic steam beta" thread been achieved with this build?

for me its not really playable at the moment with this build and am eagerly awaiting the next one ^^ no pressure though ;)

This thread is for the old build 2.9.9.17 which you can still play by deactivating the beta in the steam properties. The newest build is the interim build found here.

hi can i download it on desura? i havnt steam account(

Hey Dreamrunner,

this version is only available on Steam because only the stable Builds are released on Desura :) This is because Desura doesn't allow for different branches of downloads etc.

Guys, I bought the game months and months ago and I still have my Desura Key. How am I supposed to unlock the game on Steam? I "Activate the product on Steam" with the Desura key I got, but it says that it isn't valid. What do I have to do?

/Locked

This Forum Test Release is outdated. Please try out the latest version instead (see the pinned threads).

How to get the interim build:

Right click the game in Steam -> Go to "properties" -> Beta -> Select the 64bit interim build from the list. You won't have to enter any code!