Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

I see nothing wrong with expecting an answer to a question on a technical support forum for a product one has paid for, so long as someone is polite and not acting ureasonably ("I demand you fix this issue now!!!"). Anyone who works in customer service or retail knows how important maintaining good relations with customers are, even the ones who might annoy you for not behaving as you'd like them to. What Jjoncm1 says about possibly being fired in a "real world" workplace for an off-hand tone even if it wasn't meant to be nasty is very true.

Once again, what do you want? He has posted his report, the devs have read it, it will be looked at in the future. I'd rather have the devs working on the game, than wasting time on posting "I see your report and we are working on it" for all the reports we get over here.

Btw I don't work in customer service, but I work as a personal trainer parallel to my studies and so far I had no problems with my tone ;)

I see nothing wrong with expecting an answer to a question on a technical support forum for a product one has paid for, so long as someone is polite and not acting ureasonably ("I demand you fix this issue now!!!"). Anyone who works in customer service or retail knows how important maintaining good relations with customers are, even the ones who might annoy you for not behaving as you'd like them to. What Jjoncm1 says about possibly being fired in a "real world" workplace for an off-hand tone even if it wasn't meant to be nasty is very true.

There are a vast number of customers, Banjo, many of whom post on this forum. This means that the one or two developers cannot address everyone's concern directly with the same degree of deep though and thoroughness necessary in some cases --- they have to prioritize their time and therefore the economy of any replies given on this forum.

Just buying a product doesn't grant one exclusive rights to sit down and have tea with the developers (or the moderators of this forum), and discuss their concerns with the game. (Earl Grey, hot.)

Perhaps I just missed out on being indoctrinated into the Customer is Always Right cult? I'll try to correct behavior where it appears to need correction so that the vast horde of posters on this forum can deliver their concerns in an effective manner and get prompt help when required. If repeatedly posting the same message somehow conflicts with the above, I'll request that it stop before it becomes an issue, whether the customer feels this is just or not -- I'll even take time out of my life to explain and help the customer through this traumatic experience quite happily -- that's my voluntary "job."

Now, if you or anyone else wants to continue this discussion, you can contact me via PM and we can have a little group chat, if it means a great deal to you. But, otherwise, this discussion is done derailing this thread.

Addendum: We don't delete posts just because we don't necessarily agree with them here.

this might sound like a stupid question but how do i update to this version because the black screen thing is really bugging me.. i don´t undestand how to update this game on steam

You can restart Steam

Check the integrity of the game files in the Properties page (right click on Project Zomboid)

Delete the local game files entirely and reinstall it

Sometimes this doesn't seem to work, though.

You might want to try running the game in compatibility mode first.

A crash has just happened to me. Its the same one that was hitting Sirtwiggy last night on his stream. In the same area ill repeat his report here.

After crafting stairs in this location. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5546410410793452,0.4242814548213871,86.27450980392169

and placing a few floor tiles the games crashed to main menu. The tiles i built on the 2nd floor off the stairs warped away. Now every few minutes in that area i will recrash back to main menu. I guess my screen shot didn't take ill post it when i get a chance to have it happen again.

Is there a lesser amount of zombies than usual? And more guns than usual? I just slaughtered a horde after finding 108 shotgun shells and a shotgun (horde was 350 strong) after that I never found another zombie in town or anywhere else for that matter (3 in day games running around looking for trouble) I also did not get tired ? Idk lol also I'm still having the walk through walls bugs :( it's really starting to bug me when they can walk through a barricaded window and crafted walls, and that I can walk through the top side of the walls on second story buildings (and therefore fall after flying for a bit) sorry I know I'm saying stuff you guys most assuredly know, but can't hurt lol

EDIT: bug me hehe I made a funny

I seemed to have some difficulty opening windows with E.   And often couldnt select them manually to open them with the mouse.    I'd get a break option but not an open.    At other times both worked fine.     Not sure if that's being commonly reported.

Do you get any errors in the console?

No I would just walk up to windows and press E and sometimes it wouldnt work.    I'd reposition and try again and couldnt get some windows to open.    My guy doesnt even try.

Ill try it again tonight and see if I can get more detail.

Well i for some odd reason cant play the game. All that happens is the game opens but no buttons pop up and their not invisible their just plain not there. I tried re installing it but no dice and it was working before but now it aint, i know it will be fixed soon or i will figure something out just wanted to say that.

fire deff makes my game crash, tryd both in 2 new games and both crashed. Happened after i wake up and walk in the direction of were the fire was then the game crashes, and can never go back in that direction again. posted this in the bug forum but i have this latest release so posted it here to, sorry if i wasent supose to xD.

I seemed to have some difficulty opening windows with E.   And often couldnt select them manually to open them with the mouse.    I'd get a break option but not an open.    At other times both worked fine.     Not sure if that's being commonly reported.

No I would just walk up to windows and press E and sometimes it wouldnt work.    I'd reposition and try again and couldnt get some windows to open.    My guy doesnt even try.

If you only have a break option it's because the windows is closed, so you can't open it from the outside :)

If you only have a break option it's because the windows is closed, so you can't open it from the outside :)

Does this mean that some windows are locked for good? That would be awesome! (clyde)

Ok so basically jimmying the window open isn't so much of a option anymore as it used to be. And the lockpicking mod is a huge Yayy!!

As for the Ninjas I've tried that but I haven't had proper training yet so it would be realistic that they wouldn't work. But maybe SOON.

I really enjoy the game but this recent update has me questioning it. The only thing I am not enjoying now is the combat I miss being able to charge up attacks to knock down the quick zombies. I want to know if there is going to be an option to turn this back on in the next update or whether I just need to get used to the new system. 

I really enjoy the game but this recent update has me questioning it. The only thing I am not enjoying now is the combat I miss being able to charge up attacks to knock down the quick zombies. I want to know if there is going to be an option to turn this back on in the next update or whether I just need to get used to the new system. 

You can charge up attacks. You're doing it the entire time you're holding right mouse button. Combat will continue to be tweaked as needed and yes we will put the other control scheme back in as an option soon.

Almost every windows/doors are locked from the outside, but you have multiple choice to enter..

• Break the window (I recommend with a weapon, if you do it bare hands you may be hurt).
  • Be a Ninja (iiyyyaaaaaa) (no, that don't work... But Ninjas are pretty cool nope ?).
  • Use the awesome RoboMat lockpicking mod :D

Just as a plug - Xmod introduces KungFu, which breaks down doors pretty easy ;)