Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

Any splitscreen fixes? :D

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1055-steam-beta-version-project-zomboid-version-29917/?p=16525

I am going to piss off everybody in every damn update so when can I excpect splitscreen fixes?

Nasko stop with your soon :D

Dont take me wrong but there was a post in a mondoid long time ago which said that there will be splitscreen fixes in the next update

PS: I am not mad im just worried ;(

Hello there :D

I'am the one who supposed to fix that splitscreen stuff, but for now I need to fix single player stuff :(

I think I'll be on it after the next STABLE release, not forum test release :)

The reason is pretty simple : I still have my job for now, and I can't plug a XBOX controller in my job PC (you can insult them :P), so when I'm at work, I still dev on PZ (that's bad, but who care ? I dismissed :D), and when I'm back at home, I finish that dev/testing it, so I don't really do controller/split screen stuff...

I'll be soon fulll-time PZ, and it'll be much easier for me :)

Sorry for the waitin' buddy :(

:)

Released beta build on Steam, let us know if this one is stable :)

just loaded into my world taht had the screwed up lighting/roofs not visible, after a brief second it fixed itself, everything is slightly darker now (though its only 6am game time), will update if anything changes

Looking good so far, loaded an existing save, did some combat, spotted a small bug where the action bar jumps away from my character when zoomed out.

http://imgur.com/DnDYWY1

Ran away, hid behind a fence, exit and saved, loaded again no problem. The black screen on load is much less of an issue, the FOW still resets, but I can see my character, and that weird blacking out of objects goes away after a split second.

This is the view just after loading.

http://imgur.com/qSW3bXm

But yeah, seems stable.

I'll be testing fire and explosions tomorrow :D

Yeah, let us know how it goes :)

my issues have been fixed by the looks of it so far. But i'm still very maddened by how zombies are currently working. I played in sandbox mode with low zombie density. After 3 days, there are about 500+ zombies within an ingame 1/4 mile radius of my base and nearby storage house. This lead to my death because this new zombie walking seems a little broken atm. Seems like they just walk at your position instead of randomly and the very few map sounds don't really lead them away anymore. I mean I miss the big group of a hoard all grouped together not really moving since no food was to be found, where you could at least use strategy and sound to lead them out of your way. Currently these 500+ zombies are spread out and there is just no possible way to kill them all, lead them away from my base, or anything else. Very maddening. I appreciate all the work you do but can you explain why I have 500+ zombies in such a cluster fook in a low zombie density setting? Would very much like to know if this is a bug in settings, AI, pathfinding, etc. 

I played for about 2 months (ingame) on 2.9.9.10 and NEVER had this much zombies or problems with them gradually hording just around my base. And that was in survival which I'm assuming had normal zombie density.

Hi, I am playing on the latest build on steam, which is this topic I believe. I found a small bug during my last survival game. I wanted to mix a bucket of water with a plaster bag, I did but I still have the 2 buckets(now empty) in my inventory... plus the 2 plaster buckets freshly crafted. So I now have 4 buckets ! I dont know if it is normal... I believe not so I wanted to point it out ! 

Have a good day ! and good work on the game, I really love it ! Thanks

2013-09-09_00001_zps811ed87c.jpg

2013-09-11_00003_zpse8b9f83e.jpg

Zombies are hard, yes, but if I can make this just on the edge of town in the last couple steam builds with the hordes just a stone-throw away without cheating, then I'm sure you can manage too.

The first picture shows a savegame that started from the first steam build, the second picture is from loading up with the latest build. You can see that the farms have visually vanished but still seem to be there since I can water the exact location a farm was in (As you can see by comparing the two photos).

Would be good if the hordes were a lot less as I also played this one on sandbox with some of the easiest settings and had large hordes sitting around after the first reload, however, I was able to keep them away from my building by setting off alarms in the nearby caravan park or by just running through the horde to get their attention. It isn't impossible to survive, just make sure you get the bulk of your looting done before you save and reload; the warehouses in the north, centre, and south of town are the places you should probably go to first since they have the most required items for building a decent safehouse. Just make sure to build on the edges or outside of town, otherwise you are going to get cluster-f**ked.

Also, you can kind of see that I tried to put a sheet-rope in the eastern window but it instead got attached to a fence that was next to it even though I clicked on the window and not the fence, didn't matter in the end since I found an alternative way to put the sheet-ropes on the fences instead. That was in the first picture, I tried again on the sheet-rope in the newest build and still couldn't place the rope down on the crafted window.

I have not noticed any crashes yet but I still get the very slow loading black fog.

Edit: Strange that not all the farms actually vanished from sight, I can't remember what seeds I planted in the farms that are still there but I am pretty sure all the ones still visually there are the same type of seed.

It seems like both problems : zoom and lighting up on loading, have been fixed for me in this steam build.

Shall I note that now the lights that I assumed were not working are now magically working again? ^^ what the heck.

Anyway, what is left there to adress is the action bar going to the side when you are zoomed in. And also : how do I switch to the "zoom in when in interior, zoom out when outside" mode?! I don't see it in the options menu! :(

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with installing the game. 

First of all, I really like the game and I've been playing it over Desura for some time. So I merrily redeemed my steam code, but when I did I didn't have the option to immediately install the game. Now PZ appears in grey font (as in 'not installed') in my library and whenever I try to install the game it replies that I'm using an 'invalid installation path' (I can only guess the correct wording since I'm using the german version of steam). However, I am using the standard path I always use and trying other folders doesn't help either. I tried installing a different game and everything works. 

I feel like I'm forgetting something trivial, but what could it be?