Steam Beta Release - 09th Sep 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

RobertJohnson

There has been a fix to the crash issues (hopefully!) so we've done another public beta version, however I (lemmy) don't know for sure if everything in the list has been commited by Romain, so if anything is missing please ignore.

----

Hello there ! This is the upcoming Steam release :)

PLEASE READ THIS : Don't post your bug report of the previous version in there, do it in the... Well, previous post about the release... :D

Thanks a lot :)

Change list :

[balance]

• Make the fire a bit stronger.

[New Stuff]

• Some stuff can now explode while on fire !
  • Italian translation.
  • Polish translation.
  • MOAR Translation !
  • Zoom on mouse wheel

[bug Fix]

• Norsk translation problem fixed.
  • Modified a bit the option panel so all translation can fit.
  • Sheet rope fix.
  • Load black screen bug.
  • Invisi walls and all that other stuff, hopefully. (one day!).
  • Fixed bugs with crawler zombies.
  • Rewrite some stuff with the camping (fixed crash, cleaned the code a bit..).

@killwill your character automatically drinks from bowls- mugs- bottles etc, as long as they are in your main inventory. There is no requirement to click it to consume it as with food items. If you click the status (drop down arrow) beside said item it will show you the remaining water.

Edit: yeah for explosions! Great progress! Still haven't found any petrol cans to make a molotov as yet.

Ok, so any chance us non-Steam users get a slice of the cake?

It might be good to start getting used to the idea that test builds will be mostly on Steam, as it's easy and cheap for the devs. Stable builds will no doubt be available on Desura too once one turns up.

It might be good to start getting used to the idea that test builds will be mostly on Steam, as it's easy and cheap for the devs. Stable builds will no doubt be available on Desura too once one turns up.

Thanks for the heads-up. Although I'm a bit dispirited about that.

Thanks for the heads-up. Although I'm a bit dispirited about that.

I'm not a dev, this is just educated guessing. Hosting via Amazon costs money, hosting via 3rd parties removes the ability to update whenever without having various old versions floating about. Steam solves both of those issues. Even though I understand you dislike Steam, I don't see the practical problem of just downloading it for PZ if you want the test versions so hard. You'll still have access to stable builds via Desura should you so desire.

Zombies are INVULNERABLE unless knocked to the floor, or a special animation kill is made on them. Pistols are never a one-shot kill, baseball bats etc are never a one-hit kill. Zombies can ONLY be killed once they are lying down, or crawling.

Please, fix this.

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

I have improved this post considerably. Thank you for providing me with this second opportunity.

Goodbye.

Please? I can't even download Steam because the download errors out when internet hiccups and it restarts the download with no resume..

Try using Download manager. It should not cancel downloading once the internet hiccups.

Zombies are INVULNERABLE unless knocked to the floor, or a special animation kill is made on them. Pistols are never a one-shot kill, baseball bats etc are never a one-hit kill. Zombies can ONLY be killed once they are lying down, or crawling.

Please, fix this.

We know.

We've known for two weeks.

You've created well over a dozen posts on this topic and at least five topics.

It's a good thing you wrote this in a large font so that you could get my attention and remind me who you are, Mythical Nomad.

Stop actively drawing negative attention to yourself, be patient and courteous in reporting your issues, (saying "please" doesn't make something polite), and don't beg.

Please? I can't even download Steam because the download errors out when internet hiccups and it restarts the download with no resume..

Try using Download manager. It should not cancel downloading once the internet hiccups.

How would I use a download manager? The Steam client is what downloads the stuff.

I used to have the same issue with my isp dropping all the time. I had to change My isp.

you could try this as a workaround. Take build 16 place it in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common folder and try to update it. that would be only a few hundred kbs.to a few mbs of download.

I used to have the same issue with my isp dropping all the time. I had to change My isp.

you could try this as a workaround. Take build 16 place it in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common folder and try to update it. that would be only a few hundred kbs.to a few mbs of download.

I would if I could, I can't even install the Steam client..

I'll just wait for the Desura release.

Please, make new thread if you have any trouble with Steam...

And again please, don't post your bug report here, do it in the previous released thread, it'll help us a lot to track down bugs.. (right now we have like 4 or 5 thread with people posting the same bugs again and again, it's a bit hard to follow...)

Please, make new thread if you have any trouble with Steam...

And again please, don't post your bug report here, do it in the previous released thread, it'll help us a lot to track down bugs.. (right now we have like 4 or 5 thread with people posting the same bugs again and again, it's a bit hard to follow...)

Acquiring and assimilating new directives.

Mode of action selected: Hostile.

Processing ...

Processing ...

Processing complete.

Enacting directives.

Enforcement state: engage.

Have a nice day!