Where to look for starter kit change

XxZeraphinexX

The .lua file responsible for what's in starter kit is in Project Zomboid/media/lua/server/XPSystem and it's called XPUpdate.lua

The piece of specific code is:

xpUpdate.onNewGame = function(playerObj, square)    if SandboxVars.StarterKit then        local bag = playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Schoolbag");        local bat = bag:getItemContainer():AddItem("Base.BaseballBat");        bat:setCondition(7);        local hammer = bag:getItemContainer():AddItem("Base.Hammer");        hammer:setCondition(5);        playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.WaterBottleFull");        playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Crisps");        playerObj:setClothingItem_Back(bag);    endend

If you wanted to turn School Bag into a Duffelbag you'd have to modify this line

local bag = playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Schoolbag");

to something like this

local bag = playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Duffelbag");

if you wanted to add a saw and nails for example then directly below the line above you need to add this.

bag:getItemContainer():AddItem("Base.Saw");

bag:getItemContainer():AddItem("Base.Nails");

It will add 5 nails, for more you need to add another line like it below, each line will ad 5 nails, or if you want a Box of Nails then

bag:getItemContainer():AddItem("Base.NailsBox");

For other item ID's check items.txt and newitems.txt in media/lua/scripts and if you want to spawn something directly in inventory just add something below the line

playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Crisps");

For example Let's add a Spiffo to inventory

playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.Spiffo");

I hope it answers your question. If you're going to modify the game file remember keep the backup of the original!

A question to it, what i have to change if i wanna add items from a mod like hydrocraft?

playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.HCBeekeeperhat");

doesn´t work, so have i to change the base to something else?

playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Hydrocraft.HCBeekeeperhat");

Base is the name of the Module the item belongs to, Hydrocraft Items use Hydrocraft as module if my memory serves.

So you just replace Base with Hydrocraft and then give the item name, should work fine then.

When you look at a mod's item script you will first see

module ModuleNameIsHere

{

Use whatever is in ModuleNameIsHere as replacement for Base if you want items from that particular mod.

So far most things work fine, only stuff like

playerObj:getInventory():AddItem("Base.HandShovel");

or CarrotBagSeed

So the only thing i can´t figure out is what went wrong with these :(

all seed packs and Spade and Trowel doesn´t work, all other items like nails or saw works just fine.