[ZomboidXBow] Update: 1.1.3 - Bugfix/Balancing

lorneagle

Thanks. :)

The recipe needs to define the amount that is drained I guess.

Do you mean the recipe I posted above?

If there is no number defined, the game considers that a "1". That means it uses 1 unit of the drainable object, or destroy the object if it's not drainable, or create 1 object as the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. :)

The recipe needs to define the amount that is drained I guess.

Do you mean the recipe I posted above?

If there is no number defined, the game considers that a "1". That means it uses 1 unit of the drainable object, or destroy the object if it's not drainable, or create 1 object as the result.

Fixed it tonight :)

Changelog

Version 1.1.1

Bugfixes

• [MP] Zombie corpses will no longer get added one bolt per player carrying a crossbow on the server
  • Repair Kits are using up charges (5 charges per Repair Kit)
  • Fixed typo in bolt recipe so that TreeBranch is now a valid substitute for WoodenStick

• 3 weeks later...

Was wondering if it would be possible to stitch in the use of Hydrocraft feathers for you bolts. Dug around and found all the feather items in Hydro (HCWhitefeathers and what not), I know it's not as easy as adding it to the recipe in your mod, is it?

Was wondering if it would be possible to stitch in the use of Hydrocraft feathers for you bolts. Dug around and found all the feather items in Hydro (HCWhitefeathers and what not), I know it's not as easy as adding it to the recipe in your mod, is it?

That's pretty easy. I was using Hydrocraft recently and thought about an integration but I'm pretty busy at work and currently don't feel like coding once I'm home

To support Hydrocraft feathers just modify the existing recipe

recipe Make Wooden Bolt{        WoodenStick/TreeBranch,	Feather = 1,	keep KitchenKnife,	Result: WoodenBolt, 	OnGiveXP: Bolts_OnGiveXP,	Time: 10.0,} 

To something like this:

recipe Make Wooden Bolt{    WoodenStick/TreeBranch,    Feather/HCWhitefeathers/SomeOtherHydroCraftFeather/YetAnotherHydrocraftFeather,    keep KitchenKnife,    Result: WoodenBolt,    OnGiveXP: Bolts_OnGiveXP,    Time: 10.0,}  

I really liked this mod at first but once you get to around aiming level 5 they just become too OP. I started with the Veteran trait desensitized which I'm sure has an effect, but I can now pretty much just walk up to groups of 15-20 zombies and just destroy them in under 30sec without attracting any attention. It effectively removes any use of firearms. I don't suppose there's any way to get a version where the crossbows only hit 1 target per shot? Or could you help explain how I could edit it myself in the files?

I really liked this mod at first but once you get to around aiming level 5 they just become too OP. I started with the Veteran trait desensitized which I'm sure has an effect, but I can now pretty much just walk up to groups of 15-20 zombies and just destroy them in under 30sec without attracting any attention. It effectively removes any use of firearms. I don't suppose there's any way to get a version where the crossbows only hit 1 target per shot? Or could you help explain how I could edit it myself in the files?

I agree. Especially the Repeating Crossbow is very strong once you have a certain level of Aim.

Maybe I'll look into the Aim modifier and make it so you hit a bit better early on but the improvement curve is less steap...meaning you won't destroy everything at level 5

The other thing that is supposed to balance crossbows is resources. Unfortunately, I was too generous when I introduced feathers, so I will probably balance this. You are supposed to destroy a group of 20 Zombies once you have high level Aim but you should be limited by resources so you can't just Rambo through the world

To edit this yourself you can go to media/scripts/ZXBitems.txt and edit the Crossbows:

MaxHitCount=2, //Modify this to determine how many zombies are hit//Play with these values to change how much influence Aim skill hasHitChance = 50, //Maybe increase this a bit to make lvl 0-1 less horribleAimingPerkHitChanceModifier = 15, //Lower this so that your character will improve less per lvl

If you could play with these values and give me some feedback I'd be super happy. I currently have little time to play myself so I'd be very greatful about balancing feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was away for a bit because of surgery. Had to get a tendon graft in my elbow (yay!) but I found it was much better even just reducing the hit count to 1. Mind you, I prefer the heavy crossbow to the repeater for it's range.

I've also got Desensitized trait due to being a Veteran so I don't panic which makes hitting the zombies much easier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the guy is still updating this mod. If his code for other portions of his mod besides ModelLoader works fine, then I may submit a patch here until he pushes one himself. 

I will update it this weekend. Had a lot of stuff going on in the past couple weeks (including a newborn :) ) so I only occasionally looked in here. 

Should have a working version by Monday

Not sure if the guy is still updating this mod. If his code for other portions of his mod besides ModelLoader works fine, then I may submit a patch here until he pushes one himself. 

I will update it this weekend. Had a lot of stuff going on in the past couple weeks (including a newborn :) ) so I only occasionally looked in here. 

Should have a working version by Monday

Sounds good. 

I will move it to the steam workshop in the future. I will also consider the recipe. However I am currently very busy with two kids under two so I won't make any significant changes to the mod (except when it gets broken due to game updates) in the next 2-3 months.

I will however come back and add more features as well as add it to the steam workshop and make balancing changes in the future.

Also: I check in on this thread once or twice a week and answer PMs immediately.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod looks great, is this compatible with 33.x ?

BUGS:

I get lots of problems with 33.20, I can see boxes/containers on the floor, but can't interact with them (only picking them up, enable me to dig inside).

If I dissable the mod, the bug disappear.

So... it's NOT compatible 100%