The Finishing Touches

MonolithicBacon

Hello folks!

Phoenix is slowly crawling her way towards a Beta release, but I promised myself early on that I would never leave Alpha until the following list is completed:

• Unique item lists
  • Foraging/Fishing
  • Main map integration
  • Custom building signs

However, I have been looking around for guides on all of these topics and not found enough information on any of them to risk trying it.

Could anybody point me in the right direction, or better yet, leave an answer here that can be found by future mappers?

MonoBaco

Hi here's where I died after 7 IG hours of playing..

phoenix_fall_rooof.png

just a minor detail i'm sure... thanks for this cool map !  (tophat)

Found and fixed!

My apologies for causing the death of your character! It turns out that you cannot walk across any form of sloped rooftop, so if you were to step from the flat roof onto the sloped, you will fall right through it.

I've identified the area and placed some extra walls to stop people from having the same fate in future!

Exactly what I did. Got up stairs and was like "oh what a wonderful place to make a base.. hey I could even slide down the roof in the winter... oh f*ck I broke my thigh... Oh sh*t where did she come from.. dam there's no way out oh well this will do the trick *trows molotov on floor*...  :twisted:

Do I download the fixed mod-map on the first post of the Phoenix tread as usual ? 

Exactly what I did. Got up stairs and was like "oh what a wonderful place to make a base.. hey I could even slide down the roof in the winter... oh f*ck I broke my thigh... Oh sh*t where did she come from.. dam there's no way out oh well this will do the trick *trows molotov on floor*...  :twisted:

Do I download the fixed mod-map on the first post of the Phoenix tread as usual ? 

I'm afraid the version will not be able to be updated for a little while, as I am now updating the map with future assets for Build 32.

However, avoid sloped rooftops for now! I am looking out for any other buildings with this theme to fix.