tommysticks

i had this glitch where it kept adding names

"Axe of cotton of cotton of evil of...ect."

Any cause for this?

sounds potentially stacky =D

Was it with a fresh weapon, or did the weapon have the prefix from the bugged version? Also, reload the game, re-equip the weapon, pause the game and alt-tab to look at the console. You will see a bunch of output like:

Can you post that here? Thanks.

Weapon fresh off a zombie running your v3

Console outputs data for "Reaching Axe of Haste":

Loading! setSwingTime = 1.5

Loading! setMinimumSwingTime = 1.5

Loading! setConditionLowerChance = 52

Loading! setConditionMax = 22

Loading! setConditionLowerChance = 83

Loading! setConditionMax = 29

stored buff condition is 29

Current Max Condition is 29

Kills required for upgrade: 97

Kills required for upgrade: 22

Kills required for 2nd upgrade: 32

and nothing else

OH FOR F SAKE. I made a stupid stupid mistake. I used the same array values in the load array twice, so the second buff overwrote the first buff.

Thankyou very much for the bug report and the console output. Without it, I may not have figured this out for a while :)

Download: V0.4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByMUSPQ5XkQkTjByY3MzTkktZms/view?usp=sharing

Use the down arrow at the center top of the screen to download.

Changelog:

1. Fixed a critical bug in loading that was discarding the first buff.
  2. Slight change to reloading buffs; if you have the weapon equiped when reloading, killing a zombie triggers the reload.
    - Unequiped items will still have to be equiped once to reload buffs.

Update recommended.

Once again, borked weapons will not be 'fixed', though I am working on a separate mod to recover them. Any weapon that does not have a suffix yet should be fine though.

Planned Features:

• Combo weapon morphs: Kind of like easter eggs, these are more complex changes that happen when specific item types get certain buff categories/specific buffs. Note: Can be either suffix or prefix. Weapons keep their buffs. Will make it load a list so items from other mods that would fit into categories (e.g. survival axe as an axe) can get morphs too.
    Current ideas include:
  1. Throwing Spoons/Forks/Knives. If a spoon, fork or low tier knife (butter knife etc) gets a high tier range buff AND a knockback buff, it gets changed to a ranged weapon with no ammo requirements, be restricted to only hitting one target, and get 8 extra range. Will use aiming instead of blunt/blade from there after.
  2. HomeStar Runner. Baseball bat with swing speed and knockback buffs. Player gains movement speed while equipped. (pretty certain I can do this.)
  3. Foam Hammer. Sledgehammer with damage/knockback buff and feather (0 weight) buff. Swing speed increased, weapon uses no endurance, player gains happiness and reduces panic whenever they score a kill.
  4. [Easy] Kitchen Fan. Fryingpan with range or knockback. Greatly increased swing time (Very SLOW!), increased range, always knocks down enemies, max hit count increased to 20. Basically a magic fan hitting crowds of zombies with wind.
  5. [Moderate]It's All You Have, Or Need. (Based of the saying, when all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like nails.) Hammer or Axe with Wood-Foe legendary buff (+35 tree AND door/structure damage). Gains properties and abilities of hammers, sledgehammers and axes, you can build with it, barricade, destroy walls and chop trees. Gains high durability.
  6. [Hard] Friend of the Freemen. Crowbar with high durability buff and swing speed. Player becomes immune to panic while in inventory or equipped.
  7. Nerf Now. Requires pistol with durability and critical hit buffs. Gains Engi abilities (Can use it as a hammer, killed enemies have a high chance to drop metal.. i mean nails :) and it gains 100 damage to trees)
  8. Grave Digger, Shotgun with Damage and Critical hit buffs. Gains large clip size, extra durability, can be used as a spade.
  9. Butcher's Cleaver. Kitchen Knife (or mod cleaver) with critical hit buff AND legendary critical hit buff. Gains range, durability, and for some reason zombies you kill with it have their inventories full of delicious bacon... or is it steak? Hmm. Nope, tastes like bacon!

I have to increase the durability as that is my way of checking if I have reloaded the stats or not (max condition is not saved to disk by the game), however, I am happy to admit things are a bit overpowered at the moment. If you feel things are too overpowered, open the lua file and edit the values in the table. I have added a lot of comments, so it should be pretty simple to understand.

does this mean my axe with both buffs won't ever work?

Yeah, sorry. I am working on an "Update" mod that strips all buffs off items, then re-adds them based on the prefix suffix in the name of the item, but that is a bit of a back seat to making sure this works properly.

Oh, and I would be happy to have suggestions on what combo morph weapons you think of.

Made By Doge Co (Its A Personal Refrence also I can send you some picks of our products if you want :P) A Shotgun with  the Evil legendary attribute and one of the Range Upgrades (think of it as a shotgun that can do a lot of damage from far way lol)

also Batter Up! A Baseball Bat with the Giant Attribute and one of the haste attributes

Made By Doge Co (Its A Personal Refrence also I can send you some picks of our products if you want :P) A Shotgun with  the Evil legendary attribute and one of the Range Upgrades (think of it as a shotgun that can do a lot of damage from far way lol)

also Batter Up! A Baseball Bat with the Giant Attribute and one of the haste attributes

Ha! funny. By the way, the morph weapons work like this:

If x weapon type earns buffs y and or z,

Give it EXTRA properties/Change its type etc. Usually unique stuff that isn't covered in the base buffs.

end

So in the case of "Doge this" (My thoughts on the name. Play on 'dodge this' from the matrix. Maybe make it a pistol or rifle?)

If Shotgun earns buffs Evil legendary buff + range buff,

Rename to "Doge this",

Add to-hit chance?

Other stuff?

End.

So what would "Batter up" get? It requires Giant and haste, but what does it give? Plus, I like punny names, so batter could refer to 'cooking batter' or the great aussie 'beer batter'. Remember, adding drops to zombies when killed by a weapon is relatively easy.

1.Add To Hit Chance is Nice you could also if you can maybe make it so every time your person kills a certain amount of zombies he will say something doge related? like such kills much dead  :P

2.Maby it makes zombies drop flour? lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, thought this was a cool edition to the game so I thought i'd try it out. I'm using SandyBeaches version and I have two issues with it.

1: I had the haste modifier on my baseball bat and it swing so fast that I would click once and I would become exhausted, basically making it a really bad weapon instead of "legendary"

2: It doesn't seem to work on multiplayer, I know that it hasn't been stated that it does or doesn't but i'm here to report that it comes up on the console saying that it is loaded and whenever a weapon is equipped is registers the number of kills needed to upgrade te weapon however, it never gets any modifiers.

Works great in single player though! :)

I'm also having the same problem with the mod not showing up in multiplayer. I can confirm that all other mods like Hydrocraft are working on both server and client.

servertest.ini

Mods=Hydrocraft;NamedWeapons;waterPipes;WoodenDowels;comRichcppExpirationFood

Server log

MOD: loading Hydrocraft
MOD: mod "Hydrocraft" overrides media/lua/shared/Translate/FR/Recipes_FR.txt
MOD: loading NamedWeapons
MOD: loading waterPipes
MOD: mod "waterPipes" overrides media/lua/client/TimedActions/ISTakeWaterAction.lua
MOD: loading WoodenDowels
MOD: loading comRichcppExpirationFood
Loading: C:/Users/Rekkie/Zomboid/mods/NamedWeapons/media/lua/shared/Named Weapons.lua

Loading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
ALARMS: 57/1008 buildings have alarms
MAX #ZONES is 7
reanimate: loaded 1 zombies
0 loaded
RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success)
*** SERVER STARTED ****
server is listening on port 16261

In SandyBeaches V4 there's a bug that prevents it from working.

On line 544, replace the line with this:

-- we just killed something, so update the count.  if pModData.namedWeaponsnKills ~= nil then    pModData.namedWeaponsnKills = pModData.namedWeaponsnKills + 1;  else    pModData.namedWeaponsnKills = 1;  end
Otherwise you will get error messages in console.txt and no named weapons.

In SandyBeaches V4 there's a bug that prevents it from working.

On line 544, replace the line with this:

-- we just killed something, so update the count.  if pModData.namedWeaponsnKills ~= nil then    pModData.namedWeaponsnKills = pModData.namedWeaponsnKills + 1;  else    pModData.namedWeaponsnKills = 1;  end
Otherwise you will get error messages in console.txt and no named weapons.

I haven't been getting any errors, maybe he shadow updated?

It should be covered in the beenEquipped function on line 502, right?

pModData.namedWeaponsnKills = 0;

Its always good to cover all bases though, I'll add this just for safety, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...