tommysticks

Download Link
http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/NamedWeapons/

I would like to thank RoboMat for helping me out with learning LUA. He once said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter if the code is pretty, as long as it works." Thanks.

Also I used your rounding function.

This mod adds incentive to hold onto weapons and repair them.
After a certain number of kills a weapon will get a prefix that adds stats. After a second certain number of kills the weapon will get a suffix.
These numbers are based off of the weapon's durability and are all different (thanks to ZombRand).
For example: A spoon will require approximately 5 kills to get a prefix whereas an axe will be somewhere around 50.

These two numbers are printed in the console and your player will announce it when he realizes the weapon he's using has been good to him.

WEAPON MODS

LEGENDARY (1 in 7 chance of getting a legendary weapon)
"Indestructable" "of stone" - Increases weapon durabily
"Weightless" "of the feather" - sets the weight of the weapon to 0
"Evil" "of hell" - doubles weapon min and max damage
"Cleaving" "of rending" - increases max zeds hit by 1 - 2
"Backstabbing" "of the assassin" - increases crit chance to 60 (limit of 75)
"King's" "of haste" - makes the weapon swing faster
"Giant" "of the colossus" - weapon will always knock enemies down, increase knockback and knockdown mod
"Breaching" "of breaching" - increases door damage

DURABILITY - Increases weapon condition and lowers chance of durability reduction. In order of best to worst:
"Tenacious" "of tenacity"
"Hefty" "of heftiness"
"Trusty" "of trustworthiness"
"Rugged" "of ruggedness"
"Stout" "of stoutness"
"Lasting" "of longevity"
"Sturdy" "of sturdiness"
"Hardy" "of hardiness"
"Well-made" "of craftsmanship"
"Firm" "of firmness"

WEIGHT - Decreases equipped weight and inventory weight. In order of best to worst:
"Graceful" "of cotton"
"Fluttering" "of the leaf"
"Aerial" "of thes sky"
"Thin" "that is thin"
"Handy" "that is handy"
"Smooth" "that is smooth"
"Fine" "that is fine"
"Fair" "that is easy to carry"
"Little" "that is tiny"
"Light" "that is not heavy"

RARNGE - Increases weapon range. In order of best to worst:
"Towering" "of the tower"
"Long" "of length"
"Excessive" "of excess"
"Ample" "of amplitude"
"Considerable" "of impressiveness"
"Abundant" "of abundance"
"Great" "of greatness"
"Reaching" "of reach"
"Built" "of quality"
"Laden" "of ladency"

DAMAGE - Increases weapon min (top 5) and max damage. In order of best to worst:
"Fatal" "of fatality"
"Ruinous" "of ruin"
"Baneful" "of bane"
"Dire" "of agony"
"Slaughterous" "of slaughter"
"Lethal" "of lethality"
"Destructive" "of destruction"
"Wreckful" "of wreck"
"Deadly" "of death"
"Damaging" "of damage"

SPEED - Decreases weapon swing time (min 0.1 - this is insanely fast). In order of best to worst:
"Agile" "of agility"
"Hasty" "of lightning"
"Nimble" "of the grasshopper"
"Accelerated" "of the wind"
"Fleeting" "of time"
"Rapid" "of the river"
"Winged" "of speed"
"Swift" "of the hare"
"Quick" "of quickness"
"Ready" "of readiness"

KNOCKBACK - Sets knockback on no death to true, increases knockdown mod (first 5), and increases pushback mod. In order of best to worst:
"Mammoth" "of the mammoth"
"Titanic" "of the titans"
"Colossal" "of the mountain"
"Monstrous" "of Baal"
"Enormous" "of the elephant"
"Immense" "of the moon"
"Massive" "of the whale"
"Great" "of the wave"
"Vast" "of the ocean"
"Big" "that is kind of big"

CRIT CHANCE - Increases critical chance (limit of 75)
"Sinister" "of murder"
"Withering" "of the ninja"
"Exacting" "of Brutus"
"Cynical" "of the politic"
"Condemning" "of the shadow"
"Biting" "of the hawk"
"Cutting" "of cutting"
"Penetrating" "of piercing"
"harmful" "that hurts"
"Sharp" "that is pointy"

Durability is increased and condition restored when you hit the kill limits.

This was inspired by Diablo 1.

1.Where be the Download link 2.This Sounds Amazing 3.Would this work with guns modded guns and modded weapons?

It will work with weapon mods, unless they've done something absolutely insane with their mod, however, if they don't have the option to repair their weapons, you may not be able to get to the kill limits.

I would like to thank RoboMat for helping me out with learning LUA. He once said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter if the code is pretty, as long as it works." Thanks.
Just an FYI for modders, this is a disclaimer. I'm sure the coding could be a lot more optimized, but it is done as I could figure it out.

Also, messing around with it this morning, got an error when a weapon tried to get a pushback mod that didn't originally have one. Pretty sure I can fix this pretty simply.

Also also, keep in mind that I haven't been able to test it very much to see if my equation for the number of kills for stat increase is any good. My intent was to make it hard enough that it would be a bit of a challenge to get the first one and about twice as hard for the second. About 50 - 60 kills then about 150 -160 for bats and axes.

Feedback would be appreciated.

On the IWBUMS branch, I can only seem to get the normal knockback modifiers on weapons. I am unsure as of why.

I am also unsure as to how you are supposed to make use of forks and spoons with this mod, like you stated, since they all only seem to last 3 uses.

On the IWBUMS branch, I can only seem to get the normal knockback modifiers on weapons. I am unsure as of why.

I am also unsure as to how you are supposed to make use of forks and spoons with this mod, like you stated, since they all only seem to last 3 uses.

Yeah, the knockback is kind of weird. I had it working originally when I was debugging everything, then when I compiled and expanded it it stopped working. I messed around with it for a little while but I haven't figured it out yet.

**The forks and spoons will require you to have a higher maintenance in blade. I guess I could lower the requirements for items with extremely low "ConditionLowerChanceOneIn" so you can get cooler spoons and forks early on.

**EDIT

Alright, I might be wrong about this. I was under the impression that when your maintenance went up in a certain weapon type it would degrade more slowly. I think this is not correct. I will change it so that items like that will require 1 - 2 kills. You will probably still need to weaken an enemy if you want an indestructible spoon of rending.

it might be better as well to somehow assign the prefix and suffix on weapon spawn if possible, to help combat cheating a desired prefix/suffix in single player.

I already am planning on making this a separate mod - Diablo Loot.

Currently in the process of re-locating, so it may be a week or so before I can set some time aside for this. Already have the foundation though, so hopefully won't be too difficult.

It is completely randomized. I may do some special traits specifically for ranged weapons, but no, making a special weapon is not out of the question.

My other mod idea is to have weapons spawn with a chance to have a prefix/suffix and stats increased. My goal was to give a secondary purpose to survival: finding better gear. Also, an incentive to repair and hold onto weapons.