Dissapointing game

rekaeps

I hear about pz to be THAT GAME about zombie survival, sandbox game and blabla....

But When I play it, it was bad....Too similar to dayz or other open world zombie game, no chalenging or good just a flat concept.

I am certainly part of a minority or only to have such opinion of PZ but i do fell that my duty was a costumer to express opinion about the game futur. I do a countdown thing that I hate or thing to upgrade to be a better experience.

-empty world

Yep there nothing to see and make look not like post-apo game but a  t.v reality show that got create for a conster to do stuff in it and people have fun to see it do dumb thing in it.

I know the concept of snadbox game But it does not excuse the fact of Pz to be empty, after all it set in a post-apo world soo wreck car, blood, more elaborate scene(than a ketchup on the wall) and soo on. It felt deconected from what is hapening and what hapend and felt again like a t.v reality Jonhy who do dumb thing for view.

-The''survival''aspect of the game

It is broken,there no survival here, it just a hippie commune simulator. Before you kill me, let me develop my point.

Have try to survive house to house,like a long wanderer, I died.....only after 3 day and 1 week of random bullshit event. Horde of z just appear of no-where, random gun shot all the zombie to next to me,etc.

So I check video for help or trick, They all the same build a hipie commune and live like hipie of plant and rain water,TRYLLING IS A HUGE WORD TO DESCRIBE WHAT I HEARD, blocking zombie from see me and avoid them to spawn, just broken.... Survive 3 week before immolate himself of boredom.

Change it to easy to survive, just boring and pointless.

-You will die

The worst thing in the game, their no point of me to play if it me dieying again and again and again for be like'' hey guys, i survived 1 week''. It bad, you are not forced to have a huge storie but just please for the love of any powerful entity, please do something make us fell that it not pointless or useless, Spawn every player with a text ''you will die, do you to shhot youself now''.

those are my opinion about Project zomboid and I felt that ''the zombie survival game'' fell like a boring and generic zombie piss survival game with no ambition.

It have potentiel but it unfortunaly just bad game.

[insert long text]

It's your choice not to like it. I love this game. I think you will get a lot of replies to this saying "Wait till NPC's come out!" even as i am hyped out of my mind about NPC's, i think that NPC's could be the Half Life 3 of PZ. Although, lot's of the problems you are saying are coming, just not released let. In a AMA with the devs, they said that adding car wrecks and stuff is coming soon.

I would like to state, first and foremost, that I'm a pretty huge fan of PZ. I discovered it this year, and have hardly stopped playing it since. I see much of the potential in the survival zombie genre that I've always hoped for, and am more than happy, personally, to wait for the game to develop further into what it's bound to become.

That being said, my wife actually shares many of the same opinions as yourself on the game. Though she remains impressed with the amount of detail that's gone into the systems present (loot variety, need to boil tainted water, getting injured and having to administer first aid, etc), the game largely falls flat for her on a few points.

The game can feel quite droll at times, with one area looking aesthetically much the same as the area before it. Rather than looking like an apocalypse scenario, she postulates that it looks more like all the residence of Knox county just up and left, and then zombies moved in. There's little evidence of a struggle, or "Z-day" (Brooks lore).

One point of disagreement between her and I is our opinion on the isometric view; I grew up in the relative infancy of

gaming, with monsters like the original XCOM and Diablo. For me, the graphics and view are nostalgic to the point of appreciation...for her, it's disorienting and underwhelming.

We both like the idea of death being the only end, though. That's simply a matter of preference.

Many of the gripes you stated above have been acknowledged by the developers, though, who have expressed intent (or at least interest) in rectifying. As the game is still in Alpha, I urge you to put PZ on your list of developing games to check back on. I, for one, am confident that great things are coming from The Indie Stone.

To sum up, I love this game. There are certainly others, though, that count among the masses who feel it falls short. Come back to us in a few months and see what's new, it may have changed enough to satisfy your complaints. Happy hunting!!

I hear about pz to be THAT GAME about zombie survival, sandbox game and blabla....

But When I play it, it was bad....Too similar to dayz or other open world zombie game, no chalenging or good just a flat concept.

I am certainly part of a minority or only to have such opinion of PZ but i do fell that my duty was a costumer to express opinion about the game futur. I do a countdown thing that I hate or thing to upgrade to be a better experience.

-empty world

Yep there nothing to see and make look not like post-apo game but a  t.v reality show that got create for a conster to do stuff in it and people have fun to see it do dumb thing in it.

I know the concept of snadbox game But it does not excuse the fact of Pz to be empty, after all it set in a post-apo world soo wreck car, blood, more elaborate scene(than a ketchup on the wall) and soo on. It felt deconected from what is hapening and what hapend and felt again like a t.v reality Jonhy who do dumb thing for view.

-The''survival''aspect of the game

It is broken,there no survival here, it just a hippie commune simulator. Before you kill me, let me develop my point.

Have try to survive house to house,like a long wanderer, I died.....only after 3 day and 1 week of random bullshit event. Horde of z just appear of no-where, random gun shot all the zombie to next to me,etc.

So I check video for help or trick, They all the same build a hipie commune and live like hipie of plant and rain water,TRYLLING IS A HUGE WORD TO DESCRIBE WHAT I HEARD, blocking zombie from see me and avoid them to spawn, just broken.... Survive 3 week before immolate himself of boredom.

Change it to easy to survive, just boring and pointless.

-You will die

The worst thing in the game, their no point of me to play if it me dieying again and again and again for be like'' hey guys, i survived 1 week''. It bad, you are not forced to have a huge storie but just please for the love of any powerful entity, please do something make us fell that it not pointless or useless, Spawn every player with a text ''you will die, do you to shhot youself now''.

those are my opinion about Project zomboid and I felt that ''the zombie survival game'' fell like a boring and generic zombie piss survival game with no ambition.

It have potentiel but it unfortunaly just bad game.

how about you just leave... ? you don't like it good for you now eff off and don't come ruining our fun playing REAL SURVIVING ZOMBIE SIMULATION. Oh you don't like going from house to house to scavenge: hey bro you'll die within the first few days in a real Z Apocalypse if you can't scavenge your shit.

oh you don't like it when someone fires a few shots in the air or die shrieking because a group of zeds is ripping his her intestines out and it makes more zeds come near you... duhhh in a real apocalypse that shit will happen, think you'd be alone on your street ? pffff ahahah what you thought you'd find a M16 with a red dot sight a few frags and some magical tactical knife and go on a superman killing spree ? this isn't COD of BTF. :lol:

hey thought the undead wouldn't notice your ugly arse running around their turf and not come say hi ?  :rolleyes:

Not enough blood ?? obviously you never had to slaughter a horde in your home with an axe.

not enough reality? obviously you never woke up in the night hearing the Zedz break in trough the window and gutting the deadz head with a spoon cause that's all you could find within the ten seconds you have to save your life or be munchies

oh the scenery is unpleasant to you ? obviously you haven't survived more then a week. the scenery changes drastically overtime. especially when you've been warring against the undead downtown west wood or muldraugh or any of the mod maps.

I'm sure you never even saw a zombie flick and if you did you probably didn't get the concept of surviving.

comparing this to a game whom is very not similar to PZ. DayZ is a FPS and has its aspects and concept. Pz is more like a MMORPG or for the offline lone-wolf players like me: open world RPG sandbox top-down game with a very realistic crafting system, fighting system, etc

the whole point of the game is to survive as long as you can and if you're bit you're dead bro time to play as another survivor and see how long she he survives. just like in real life: get bit, bleed out, die, rise bite someone else.  ;)  ;)

I think you've played to much COD.

seriously the way you wrote your text in your very kindergarten vocabulary you pissed off the wrong person and i am not afraid of being banned to put you in the right place.

there are ways to give an opinion. yours is purely pathetic and offensively grotesque.  -_-

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

Be respectful of other people's opinions, whether you agree with them or not. Rule #1 on this forum is Be Lovely. You are not abiding by that rule. Further offensive posting will result in suspensions or bans.

Long Text

Please be lovely! Although i get that you are mad that he thinks differently than you, but truth is that many people think differently than you. The best thing is to accept it. Saying things like "if you did you probably didn't get the concept of surviving." is not the way to go. Ughh, you remind me of TLOU fanboys, ready to rip out the guts of anyone that hates that game. (Reminder that i LOVED LOVED LOVED the TLOU) (I don't want to start a fight, TL:DR is be lovely.)

If you think a post violates our forum rules please use the report function rather than replying. Thanks.

Reading this, I really dont appreciate the fact that some ppl (working for TIS) have this "you paid for the game, no refund, a lot of people like it -> so f*** off"- attitude. I bought the game, I enjoy(ed) it and I see the potential it has. But sometimes, the response to criticism is irritating to say the least.

Can you point to somewhere when any of this is true? No one has told anyone to fuck off for not liking this game that is part of the staff, ever. Both me and Enigma (while not employees) both respected his opinion. No one has said anything about a refund here. The Indie Stone is actually pretty well known as a community that respects dissenting opinions and criticism, and in this very thread I've given a member a warning for being rude to the person who doesn't like the game.

It makes me really sad that no matter how respectful we are or how much we and the TIS staff acknowledge, respect, and listen to criticism somehow people like you still think we don't.

General reminder to everyone in this community that we're respectful of opinions here whether we agree or not. The only thing we don't tolerate is being rude to people for their opinions. If I see anyone else post another thread slamming someone for their opinion (regardless of whether it's in defense of the game or criticizing it) they will skip a warning and go straight to a suspension. You've all been warned.

I accept my consequences.. please be fair and realize the disrespectfulness and rudeness of the person who started the tread in the first place.

The original reply may be harsh and you may disagree with it, but it wasn't rude (at least, importantly, not rude to a community member). I understand loving the game and wanting to defend that, but we can speak our opinions without devolving to personal attacks.

If anyone has any other questions about the mod involvement in this thread, you can PM me or one of the other mods. Otherwise, we can keep the discussion on topic or I can close the thread.

I have to say i agree on some of the points you touched upon.

Most of them can be avoided with the typical "ITS BETA", but i must say, if i look back of how the alpha of the game was to today game, the game has changed quite a lot and that means that is going to keep changing.

I agree on the "Empty world" part, but if you want a REAL post-apocalypse kind of deal, you can go to a Multiplayer server that has been running for at-least 1 or 2 real world weeks, you will see how much the world changes with the sheningans of the players trying to survive.

I think it will be for the best to wait till we can use vehicles so they can add cars blocking the streets and stuff like that, because we are going to see a new influx of players asking "Why cant we drive the cars? There are cars models in the game already!". I have hopes to see the vehicle implementation in a few months from now on, since is like the next big thing in the lists of features. (DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT PLEASE I BEG YOU)

Next up is the survival aspect of the game, kinda want to agree with you but at the same time no, last time i played on the new build (the massive hordes and shit m8), surviving was fun, you can do your whole farm thingy but that shit is going to take a while to grow, what do you do in the meantime? you need food and stock up water, so you go scavenging where most of the danger lies there, also the meta sounds (the gunfire and screams) are going to be tied with NPCs shooting or dying, so like many have said before me and many will keep saying, the NPCs prophecy is what solves mid-late game.

I will say, after having lived in a world for a while (especially on multiplayer, and this will likely be true after NPC's are introduced) the world gets much more "apocalypsified." I think Mash may also go back and add more stuff to the map later on to make it a bit more grimy and lived in.

Regarding the "easy life/farming" criticism, that's definitely been a problem and something the devs are aware of. There's a new test build out, however, that has new zombie population and migration management that should help resolve that issue nicely. I hope you'll give it a shot once it's public.

it's a shame the OP did not find the game as is to his liking the way so many others do. i hope he checks back on its progress later

PZ is that proverbial "Diamond in the Rough"

some people see it for what it is NOW

some people see it for what it WILL BE when the proper work has been done to it and the beauty shines thru

and some people just see a rock

One thing I can personally, completely agree with, is the Empty World part, playing in SP it's really visible (I tried MP, but logging in to see 12 hours of work sledgehammered made me go back to SP, I know, public toiletsservers...).

That's why I usually play 8 months after the apocalypse sandbox, just to give myself a better illusion of the apocalypse from Day 1, a corpse and some blood here and there don't help it and waiting for allmighty NPCs to come and fix everything doesn't really satisfy.

I'd like to see Erosion expanded to change the world more, put barricades on windows of random houses, have some houses be burned down, various corpses that have a nearly empty pack of Sleeping pills (Suggesting suicide) on them inside those houses etc. It would be nice to have while waiting for NPCs. It would bring the world to life without actually adding life to it.

Other than that, nobody has to love everything :P I love PZ for many reasons (It hits a lot of nostalgia nerves in me) and I hate plenty of stuff most people like, I can see where OP is coming from, well maybe the game will grow to be something he likes one day. Some stuff I didn't like about PZ got changed and\or fixed for example :P

Poor decisions. Definitely poor decisions in my case. Everytime.

I die a lot now on IWBUMS 32.6. Its brutal and I love that.

Can't be paranoid enough these days in PZ. At least that ups my survival time a bit.

And I burned my nicely equiped safehouse down yesterday for the first time ever. Damn Chickensoup with vegetables, burn to hell...!

Oh... you did already.

At least my dude survived this time...

I'm derailing, sry..

What disappoints me is that when you die, you have to start all over again. You fish several hours and then you die and then you have to fish again to raise your skill. 

I'm playing multiplayer. It should be you lose experience, drop loot, but not starting totally from scratch.

I guess he didn´t got the major thing about his rant :) Early Access/ Beta stage, if you buy that game or any other EA game it is always writen in a nice text that the game you buy isn´t the final version and is still a work in progress game. Sure that everybody should contribute ideas and wishes and also critic but the guy just didn´t made it right so it just sounds like a bad rant about PZ.