Official Build 32 Zombie Population Feedback Thread

Batsphinx

I the IWBUMS 32 thread I mentioned how barricading a house is now more about sleeping undisturbed for a night and less about permanent settlement sinc ezombies will destroy your work as soon as you're looking the other way, and then the devs mentionned they do want the end-game to involve settling a safe-house for the duration. I thought a good way to achieve this without reworking the zombie distribution mechanics would be to make zombie stop attacking all player made structures on contact. Instead, they could bump into them and turn around until they have reason to believe there's meat in there.

Basically, if they see you or hear you inside your walls, they'll start banging, but if you have a large enough perimeter or just act real quiet and discreet inside your fort, they won't tear it down and eventually wander away.

After having some time with 32.4 I must say I love the new migration mechanics.

The issue of zombies being too magnetically attracted to each other also seems to be fixed, maybe a little too well, I can handle clumps of 20 zeds fairly easily but then again I do play with a combat oriented character build.

My safehouse keeps getting attacked, nothing I can't handle so far. I've barricaded very early on which was the best thing I could have done. Waking up and opening the door to see a horde randomly migrating, just shambling by your base is really awesome, I've always wanted to see something like this happen.

All in all, I find that all of the issues I ever had with zombies not being a big enough threat for long enough seem to be fixed in a convincing way. I like the way it is in Build 32.4

Played again with 32.4 now. Seems even more improved. I still think 25%/1day should be standard for respawn, and there's still issues with certain more fringe areas being too easy to establish yourself in permanently, though. Meta-spawn-system hordes should roam the outskirts occasionally. Consider them "attracted by a vacuum".

What I find strange in that new zombie de-clustering mechanic that they do it too often. I was fighting in an open space, finished off one or two groups and then others came to take their place. Seems like a Roman Legion's tactic - fallen legionary is replaced by a fresh one from back row. It's just so tiresome to fight them just to see new ones coming after an IG hour or so without me making any noise or anything.

I'd suggest the de-clustering mechanic to take place once a day.

Also when entering a new zone you can witness how zombies start to move around and form smaller groups often travelling a screen worth of distance. Often in your direction which seems like they knew where you were. I think they should do it off-screen if that's possible. 

After playing around a bit in 32.3 and 32.4 build I can say as much

Issue of zombies forming massive hordes (500+) and abandoning certain areas seems to be resolved now with 32.4; however as Geras mentioned zombies seem to inhabit a 'cleared' area in instant (you can see how they break from the groups nearby to immediately sprint over to the 'cleared' area). I agree with Geras, perhaps they should do so only once per day or something.

Also, a suggestion: Since I failed to see (since 32.4) a really huge horde, perhaps there should be few 200 zed hordes (like 2 hordes per every town in game) that wander around aimlessly until they 'find' you or hear you.

Those hordes should not affect the zombie count in cells + should not attract the 'stationary' zombies (those that are counted per each cell); so 'stationary ones' wouldn't join hordes only to see certain areas again totally abandoned (and avoiding too high zed count because of how respawn works).Just a thought. Dunno, might work pretty well, especially if they come knocking on your doors one day or just passing by a building you were looting for too long :)

Love this build, keep up the good work!

After playing around a bit in 32.3 and 32.4 build I can say as much

Issue of zombies forming massive hordes (500+) and abandoning certain areas seems to be resolved now with 32.4; however as Geras mentioned zombies seem to inhabit a 'cleared' area in instant (you can see how they break from the groups nearby to immediately sprint over to the 'cleared' area). I agree with Geras, perhaps they should do so only once per day or something.

Also, a suggestion: Since I failed to see (since 32.4) a really huge horde, perhaps there should be few 200 zed hordes (like 2 hordes per every town in game) that wander around aimlessly until they 'find' you or hear you.

Those hordes should not affect the zombie count in cells + should not attract the 'stationary' zombies (those that are counted per each cell); so 'stationary ones' wouldn't join hordes only to see certain areas again totally abandoned (and avoiding too high zed count because of how respawn works).Just a thought. Dunno, might work pretty well, especially if they come knocking on your doors one day or just passing by a building you were looting for too long :)

Love this build, keep up the good work!

Like an event spawned horde that crosses the map and despawns on reaching the edge? +1 !

Fits the notion I remember reading somewhere that the game begins before the actual apocalypse in the original quarantine zone. First 2 weeks, no massive hordes, but when the quarantine breaks massive hordes like you described start coming from off map, like they're mass migrating to some distant location, spreading the plague with them.

Update on my previous posted story in this thread:

My Sandbox SP game with weekly respawn set to 20%:

My character died on day 7 (at least that's when I stopped playing) after taking a bite to the hand while being over confident fighting a smallish (5-6) group of zombies. I still don't think I have a good idea of the difference of daily vs weekly because I can't seem to survive for a few weeks on weekly!

I started another weekly respawn at 20% and spawned in Valley Station (using my awesome spawn point expansion mod) and I set myself up in a two story house North of the mall.

After getting things organized and clearing the immediate perimeter, I went next door to start some looting. Of course the alarm went off! So, I booked it out of there and back to my 'safehouse' next door. I went upstairs and I closed the door to the bedroom that had a master suite bath attached. I spent 2 days up in that room creepily watching a nearly endless horde of zombies from my upstairs windows. Just hoping that a meta event would occur to pull them away. One didn't. Eventually my single can of sardines ran out and I had to make a move or die. Gonna die anyways, might as well give it a go!

I opened the upstairs door to find 8-10 idle zombies upstairs that immediately swarmed me. I managed to retreat back into the bedroom and shut the door. I knew it was only a matter of time before the door got busted down and they'd flood the room. I had no sheets for sheet ropes (or even a nail to fasten one) and I knew I was cornered. So I tried my tactic of quickly opening and closing the door to allow only 1 or two zombies to enter the room. This worked once. Then the door broke down. In came a horde of zombies that took up most of my bedroom and I had to hastily retreat to my last line of defense, the bathroom. I again tried the same tactic of fighting a few at a time since it was a confined space and I had no escape. I didn't last long and the door again broke down. I managed to jump out the second story window. For my heroic escape I received a broken leg. Funny thing is; zombies don't seem to care if they jump out windows or not. I got mauled by around 20 zombies, some of which who also jumped out the window, with my back pinned to the wall of my 'safehouse'.

I was screaming and swearing at my screen the entire time, but after the "You survived" message scrolled I broke out laughing and had a huge grin on my face. I thoroughly enjoyed every tense minute of the situation!

Well done... well done indeed!

So far I'm enjoying the extra challenge of the new spawn system but I have an issue with it.

I feel like the zombies are too quick to fill empty space.  I was working with a cleared out mobile home park and within 12 hours of having cleared it there was a sudden influx of zombies into the space from all directions.  I don't mind dealing with hordes, and I enjoy the hard fight to clear out a section of the map, but the zombies are filling the empty space too fast.  It doesn't feel particular real to me, just feels like the game decided, "8am, time to move the zombies into the empty space."  When I read about the new spawn system I had had the thought that it would require you to patrol your territory everyday, because they said it'll only spawn zombies if the chunk hasn't be visited in the last 24 hours.  I loved this idea, but it isn't working out that way because the system that pulls zombies from populated areas into underpopulated areas seems to be too strong.

I like the idea of zombies moving around more, migrating from place to place, but the current system makes it virtually impossible to secure a section of the map.

Not sure how feasible this is but I think a better system for zombie migration could be to make meta noises stronger, more common, and longer reaching.  By this I mean the sound of a gun shot has a much longer range of effect on the zombies and once they start heading in the direction of it they move that way longer before giving up and going back to milling about.  With this idea you could still mostly secure an area but a sudden gun shot or helicopter could still ruin your day, bringing a horde down on your head.

All that being said I am enjoying the new build.

First of all: I really like this game, you´re doing a great job - best zombie game ever with a great atmosphere !!!

My first 5 runs ended very fast in the first 3 days, but i enjoy the challenge of build 32...before it was a way too easy to survive - again good job :)

My last run ended a few minutes ago (survival mode). I managed to settle in the isolated house in the north of muldraugh (the one with the fence you can´t look throuh) and survived 14 days. I prepared my last meal before the shutdown and heard some moaning in the garden. Ok i thought...nothing new for me in this build...there are already dozens of killed zombies in the garden. So i went out and killed 4 zeds and returned to cooking.

A few seconds later i´ve heared another moaning, stopped cooking and wanted to clear the garden...opened the door and was suddenly surrounded by 10 zeds...you could imagine how it ends :D

I really have no clue how they managed it to get so fast directly to my door ? Are they spawning directly in front of my door ?

I´ve played 120+hours so far and gathered some experiences, but actually i am confused about this situation.

I really have no clue how they managed it to get so fast directly to my door ? Are they spawning directly in front of my door ?.

I have the same feeling. I came back from loot run, the house was swarmed (20+ zeds) I always play fighter type of character so I started to clear my place. I finished front, went to check backyard for another 7-8 zeds. when I finished I heard new pack of 5-6 zeds at front door, and am sure that there were none close by when I was clearing the 1st pack.

You need to be so carefull now, when you back from loot run you cant be tired coz for 100% you will have to kill at least 10 zeds.

I've spent quite a bit of time sitting around the closed houses on second floors (again!), just observing the map in debug mode and see how zombies react to everything.

A couple of things that I have noticed in build 32.5 from today's lengthy playthrough :

- The only thing that makes a threat of your safehouse and an entire block getting swarmed is if a helicopter passes (which, I think, happens once for the entirety of walkthrough), you firing a shotgun or setting off house alarm (I haven't tested house alarms yet, now that I think of it).

I get that underpopulation of entire cells is something that you wouldn't want to see, but it feels like zombies stopped being as threatening after these few new updates in IWBUMS. Making noise felt safe again. Let me clarify : Whenever a gunshot happened, in older builds, an entire few cells of zombie population would go that way to investigate, completely clearing the area. The area where zombies were would stay clean, while the area where gunshot was fired at was heavily overpopulated. The underpopulated area where zombies cleared out from were clean for about a day before the zombie repopulation began spawning in the new ones.

Now, however, it doesn't seem to happen anymore. About 30-50% of nearby cell's zombies get attracted to the gunshot, and they move so slow that the range they travel doesn't manage to make it thrilling. Areas with gunshots do not get "swarmed" anymore, only a few more numbers add to the total of the cell where the gunshot was fired at.

But under population is fine! Whenever you travel for supplies into the city, it's okay to have a 50/50 chance of either having a clean run with little  to no zombies met, or run into a mega horde that is flooding streets upon streets, with packs of zombies behind every corner, effectively having you surrounded from every area. And just the idea that a single mistake, single house alarm will bring ALL of them to you makes it thrilling to go through that experience. I'd much rather go somewhere and hope that it's clear, rather than going everywhere, realizing that I'll never effectively be able to pull the horde away from that warehouse that they've swarmed due to house alarm.

Having 1 place swarmed with thousands of zombies while the other place is clear gives an impression that hordes actually move around and search for prey, instead of constantly being spread out around the town.

Sorry about this rant, but it was really painful to witness the near-perfect zombie migration system being downgraded to something that we've already been through for years. If the end goal of this new zombie spawning system was to fix them from spawning inside the player-built houses, then great job on that! It's not like I ever played the game enough to witness that, but if there are guarantees that I'll never see zombies spawn in my secured safehouse, I'm pretty good with it. However, if you wanted to see this zombie migration system as something that FINALLY (!) aimed to bring the old, brutal survival experience, where hordes finally return and feel threatening and overwhelming again, it seems like you guys are reverting it with each update :( I am so conflicted about this, I can't just sit there and watch how zombies stop travelling from 1 part of town to the other JUST in favor of the cities having a lot of zombies 24/7. If the zombie migration continues being downgraded in favor of this, can we at least have the old, experimental, "travelling" hordes as an option in the sandbox?

snip

I agree with the last part, devs can take the game wherever they want but having sandbox options that allow for huge hordes and different forms of zombie migration would be great. Whether it would be there for those who just prefer the other system or those who just want to have a risk of one day seeing a 1000+ massive zombie horde as an added challenge in their game would be the icing on the cake.

While I like that no areas remain completely clear now I do see how it could be possible for it to happen occasionally. Having a good day, not seeing any zombie on a lotting run.

This build has had some neat stuff happen and I'd like to be able to see all of it again, when I feel I'm up for the specific type of challenge.

Zombie Lore Options like

Max Horde Size that goes from No Hordes all the way up to 1000

Migration option that goes from having just a few zombies migrate to all of them when something happens.

Etc. It would be a great addition to sandbox, and it would be a waste to not include some of the stuff we've had in Build 32 so far in there.

Really not enjoying the spread-out mechanic at the moment - makes it impossible to lure zombies away from an area as the moment the area is "emptied" it refills with any Zs who didn't follow your pied piper tune. As the improved mechanics mean zombies are VERY good at following you if they see you sneak in some place this makes life objectionably hard. I kill/lure all the zombies away from the house I want, head back there and find it dotted with zombies. Considering how responsive zombies are to noises etc. now it's nigh-on-impossible to survive for even a few days (and removes any sense of achievement for "clearing" an area. Don't get me wrong, I don't think "cleared" areas should stay clear indefinitely, but more than a few hours would be nice.)

Edit: Perhaps it'd work better if the likelihood for an "empty" space to pull zombies in increased over time? So a space that has just been cleared won't *immediately* have new Zs shamble into it, but rather the risk of it dragging in Zombies gradually increases hour by hour? That said I'm not married to the idea of zombies filling empty spaces anyway - i'd rather see a small population that don't react to meta-events allowing for high and low population areas.

I like them being spread out. The old *circle of zombies* looked really silly and really buggy. So that's perfect I think. The threat seems a little less though which is a bit disappointing. Before, I would be constantly trapped in a box from zombies and having to go up small alleys and seeing fences just saying "wait until the animation update and this will be even more amazing". Now they mostly follow me from one area and I don't get trapped unless I run directly in the middle.

By "trapped" I meant that I would run from one group that was big enough and not a weird circle of idle zeds, into another, but then I would see an alley or another road, and up that road I would met more! Then try to turn back and see the two groups before me merging and trapping me more and I'd barely make it out of there. That was really exciting but I haven't had that since the last two updates.

Standard survival as always. 

The idle circle gone is a massive improvement and hordes are way more realistically spread out and move very well but hordes seem less of a threat to me personally due to them not cornering me like before which actually for the first time ever forced me to drop my supplies and I really loved that.

I like them being spread out. The old *circle of zombies* looked really silly and really buggy. So that's perfect I think. The threat seems a little less though which is a bit disappointing. Before, I would be constantly trapped in a box from zombies and having to go up small alleys and seeing fences just saying "wait until the animation update and this will be even more amazing". Now they mostly follow me from one area and I don't get trapped unless I run directly in the middle.

By "trapped" I meant that I would run from one group that was big enough and not a weird circle of idle zeds, into another, but then I would see an alley or another road, and up that road I would met more! Then try to turn back and see the two groups before me merging and trapping me more and I'd barely make it out of there. That was really exciting but I haven't had that since the last two updates.

Standard survival as always. 

The idle circle gone is a massive improvement and hordes are way more realistically spread out and move very well but hordes seem less of a threat to me personally due to them not cornering me like before which actually for the first time ever forced me to drop my supplies and I really loved that.

I get cornered *way* more often in this build - it's impossible to get clear of zombies, everywhere you go there are more of them, and even fighting one brings in a huge herd.

Hello!

I am only playing in multiplayer, with my wife and some friends.

Started a test session last week.

In this game we were only two characters, a chef and a carpenter.

Settings all default except:

50% respawn

Fast Shambler

Common Food / Other

Abundant Weapon

Sometimes House Locked

30 Min Days

The beginning is rough. Then comes the chopper.. messes it up even further. At the initial place we wanted to settle (a house near the Muldraugh North warehouse) we managed to end up with so many Zombies we just had to leave. Tried luring, gunning.. couldn't even lure them away (with the methods it worked before patch.)

So far so good. A week passed but we still had the "on the run" feel that lasted only a few days pre-patch.

We found a new place to settle on the south end of town, some NW-ish of Cortman Medical. It was a struggle to build up walls. We had constant harassment from smaller bands. But eventually we finished the Fort! Raincollectors, farm, supplies etc. Anything you might want.

Some groups attacked after that. A couple of times 15-25 Zombies banging our walls. Easily handled. Than I tried out a molotov+shotgun combo. Burned down a forest south of us with 100+ zombies. Then started randomly shooting around the fort to gather up the remaining zombies. Shot / hacked / burned them. (At this point the surrounding areas have like 20+ burned down houses due to the long burning zombies; but I think it is good as it is.. dangerous)

After that we went to the old north safehouse from the start: Area mostly clear.. the whole bunch moves somewhat south and who knows where. Re-established the safehouse, finished looting north warehouse.

Now we are at 6 weeks.. and the challenge is gone for good. In the last two weeks I only met sporadic 5-10 zombies every 2-3 days time around the South safehouse, and I can't even collect more with randomly firing a few shots. We have about 600 kills.. wife has 200ish with blunt stuff. I have around 400 with shotgun and blade.. haven't used too much ammo.

Now if we had less supplies, it would have slowed down the process but not change it. Otherwise..

Multiplayer is obviously different. The 8 hours per day more action from at least double the amount of characters make for some difference. Also.. respawn is trickier, cause more players to prevent it, but we left the safehouses together intentionally for 2-3 days more times to let the respawn kick in. Didn't really see a crowd when we came back.

In short: it is still a rough start, but gets easier with time.. and after a point it gets kinda boring without the danger. And since you can not fast forward the time in MP, you can't have weeks without any actions.. that is usually more than a lengthy play session.

My oppinion is that: moving random zeds on the map in random directions is good. Keeping up the population in areas via respawn is good too. But you have to increase difficulty with time to make people die. And players get better with each played hour, and characters also. So the zombie threat has to increase exponentially to catch up and kill an experienced player.

I suggest increase in numbers with time(and all the other thoughts)that you wrote in the mondoid.

Also I suggest an optional feature of making "Agressive Zombies" which means a % of zombies (respawned or migrated) that comes to the players current location. Meaning the cell or whatever.. point is that they come near the player. Not exactly attacking the player.. just come near, maybe into the loaded area.. and after that just turn into normal zombie. The percentage must also increase with time.

Now I realize that this is the idea of metagame events, but they don't have this result after a month in a mostly cleared area.

TBH, I don't even dare leave town for good, because I fear that I will never see zombies attacking me. But also.. I can't rank the difficulty up even more in the settings.. cause then I don't survive the start. Hard enough as it is.. running with a butterknife with a chopper overhead from fast shamblers.

One way or another.. fix it that everybody dies eventually, with a difficulty curve increasing more and more with time passing.

Thanks for reading, hope it contributed. We really love this game.. just want to die more with a set up safehouse.

PS.: Offtopic.. but wife insisted: Please make a perk that adds +1 cooking (Housewife or something) so she can play other professions and still cook.

Ok, now that my excitement is somewhat quieter in my head I have more feedback, I have a real problem with one thing in sandbox. Zombie respawn interval.

1 Day = WAY too often
1 Week = WAY too rarely

Having it at 1 day means zombies never, ever end, you don't get to breathe at all. It's nice but it gets old fast when you kill 100 zeds in an area around your safehouse and have to deal with them all over again the next day.

Having it at one week means you get way too much room to breathe.

Changing the respawn % doesn't really help all that much IMO, it's either 1 Day 10% or 1 Week 50%+ we need something in between, 1-2-3-4-5-6 Days, 1-2-3 Weeks, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Months and a Year I'd love to experiment but I don't have the options :P

Also, the amount of zeds in a group needs to be higher or there should be different types of groups, some with 10 zeds, some with 20 etc. and 1% of having a horde of 1000 somewhere out there.

Randomize stuff, make it less predictable. Give us more options. Please, please, please and thank you :P

One thing that bugs me a lot about this build is that zombies will attack you safehouse for no reason except that you are in it. I don't mean that you made a noise, or left a light on, or even that you were moving around. I mean that if the area is being streamed (because you're in it) zombies will randomly attack doors, windows etc. of everything around (which will include the house you are stood on the second floor of, with the windows closed, standing stationary and reading a book). I can understand this for meta events - the zombies heard something and are trying to get to it, regardless of the window/door/whatever in their way. Meta events add gameplay value for me because when I hear a gunshot I know it means the horde might try to make their way to it through my living room. But what seems to be happening is that the spread-out mechanic (or something else, IDK) makes zombies want to go "over there" for no reason even if going "over there" means banging their head on a door for 2 days until it breaks down. 

I wouldn't mind if this happened occasionally but what I see happening when I move through town - zombies everywhere banging their heads on windows/doors at random as I enter a new area for the first time - is totally game breaking for me. What's motivating the zombies to try and break in to 6 different houses on the street I'm passing through? Do they really want to go and stand in the living room that badly? Why do they suddenly want to do it *now*? Why, when I try to make a run on the mall 6 days in, do all the zombies in the parking lot choose *that moment* to bang their heads on the window, meaning that not only does the place get overrun, but it gets overrun at the exact same time I want to interact with it regardless of how subtly I make my approach?

Is this a feature people want? For me it makes stealth play kind of a joke - what's the point in meticulously creeping past the horde when one of them will, for absolutely no reason and with relentless determination, break into your house as you sleep (then proceed to break down every window/door in the place, given enough time)? I spent a few days holed up in the room above the hardware shop in downtown WP and watched the zombies meticulously rip apart every single thing they could - there were zombies banging their heads on each side of 1/2 of a double door, the other half having already been destroyed - they didn't even try to go through the hole right next to them, just chomped away pointlessly.

I'm not complaining because the game is too hard - I want it to be ferociously, horribly hard - but because this random behaviour from zombies not only breaks the realism for me but also increases the "luck" factor and decreases the "strategy" factor in survival. Yes, there will always be both, but when I die I want to feel like it was because I was reckless/made a mistake, not because the RNG/whatever mechanic decided there needed to be a zombie in my silent, curtained room.

A simple fix for this (he said, knowing nothing of how hard the coding would actually be) would be to stop the zombies spreading out to points that can't be reached currently without opening windows/doors, in the same way the game decides whether or not zombies can spawn in a location. No idea if this would be a simple fix or not, but it's my 2 cents. 

/Rant

I'm adding a config file to every save so people can experiment with spawning behavior.  This also adds the "population starts lower and gets higher over time" thing.  Or you could have the population start higher and get lower over time.

Spoiler

I love how much harder the game is but I really don't like how the game see's a underpopulated area and says "hey this a space with no zombies in it, come fill the space zombies". It just doesn't feel right, meta sounds and npc's should be dragging zombies around not some magical force. I hope that's how it will work once npc's get re-implemented.

One thing that bugs me a lot about this build is that zombies will attack you safehouse for no reason except that you are in it.

Still, this is far more preferred than "never-see-a-zombie-again" after barricading a bit. Defending things just makes things more FUN.

It just doesn't feel right, meta sounds and npc's should be dragging zombies around not some magical force.

Sometimes you just have to realize that without scripting the game comes to a halt. I find it unreasonable that people expect things to work without scripting, and expect that everything has a reason or butterfly effect which would be neat and nice, but UNTIL we get the npcs that are planned to replace the meta-events, it's

1. gameplay and experience, no matter what means are used

2. everything else

More zombies, more threatening zombies + environment = true zombie survival. The more difficult, the more fun it is. My two cents.

snip

This is True, but getting attacked every single day by a group of zombies gets old. After while scripting becomes too predictable. It needs to be at least a little randomized. So we have a few days of peace that make us lower our guard. Zombie horde passing by should not be an everyday occurrence even in a zombie apocalypse.

While we have a truly HUGE improvement over how it used to be I'm starting to think we've got to the other extreme where zombies are absolutely everywhere, all the time without any breathing space for the player.

After while scripting becomes too predictable. It needs to be at least a little randomized

Yep, more variebles and randomization is what it needs. Different group sizes and so on, but the complexity is the only restriction. In general it would be nice that the mechanics the scripting is based on could be influenced by the player. This has been discussed in other threads, but for example noises, smell and visibility could be factors that determine how fast zombies repopulate the area and how likely it would be that they attack player's building..

I'm adding a config file to every save so people can experiment with spawning behavior.  This also adds the "population starts lower and gets higher over time" thing.  Or you could have the population start higher and get lower over time.

Spoiler
# Same as the sandbox "Zombie Count" setting.

# 4.0 = Insane, 2.0 = High, 1.0 = Normal, 0.35 = Low, 0.0 = None.

# Minimum=0.0 Maximum=4.0 Default=1.0

PopulationMultiplier=4.0

# Adjusts the desired population at the start of the game.

# Minimum=0.0 Maximum=4.0 Default=0.8

PopulationStartMultiplier=0.2

# Adjusts the desired population on the peak day.

# Minimum=0.0 Maximum=4.0 Default=1.2

PopulationPeakMultiplier=1.0

# The day when the population reaches it's peak.

# Minimum=1 Maximum=365 Default=28

PopulationPeakDay=28

# The number of hours that must pass before zombies may respawn in a cell.

# If zero, spawning is disabled.

# Minimum=0.0 Maximum=8760.0 Default=1.0

RespawnHours=24.0

# The number of hours that a chunk must be unseen before zombies may respawn in it.

RespawnUnseenHours=1.0

# The fraction of a cell's desired population that may respawn every RespawnHours.

# Minimum=0.0 Maximum=1.0 Default=0.1

RespawnMultiplier=0.1

# The number of hours that must pass before zombies migrate to empty parts of the same cell.

RedistributeHours=12.0

# The distance a virtual zombie will try to walk towards the last sound it heard.

# Minimum=10 Maximum=1000 Default=100

FollowSoundDistance=100

Do i have to use this in my sandbox presets .cfg?